• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Utility MQ2LootManager

Other Authors
ChatWithThisName
Included in Very Vanilla
Very Vanilla Included! No need to download.
Server Type
🏢 Live Test

Wiki Manual
MQ2LootManager
This simple loot manager will use EQ's built in Advanced Loot Window to decide how to handle loot.

If you are in a group
For the Shared loot list (bottom)
If you are the Master Looter
- and If it's set as Always need or Always Greed it will simply give the item to yourself.
- If it's set as Never or No it will leave the item on the corpse.
- If it's set to Auto Roll, it will let the roll happen.

For the Personal loot list (top)
If you have `Auto Loot All` turned on (this is an EQ option, not a plugin option)
or If you are the master looter
- it will do nothing, but EQ will automatically do stuff with items with always need or always greed selected, this is not the plugin

If you are NOT the master looter
- EQ will automatically handle all items with always need or always greed
- If no option is selected the plugin will automatically accept items to keep them from accidentally rotting, since
-- it is assume it was manually assigned to you, then you manually gave this item to yourself.

In all other situations, it will await for the user to make a decision or manually handle the item.

This is most definitely not as feature rich as MQ2AutoLoot, but there is already an interface for handling loot in everquest. So why not use it?
Sure, it won't automatically distribute items to group members based on a predefined number of quest items set by the user.
But it also won't automatically give yourself any No Drop items because the default action is keep. The default action is Do NOTHING
(unless you're in a group, not the master looter, and an item has gone to your personal loot list.)
Meaning you can set it to do nothing, which allows you to manually distribute nodrop items, or handle any number of quest items manually.
Is this ideal? Perhaps not for you, but it works great for me.

/lootmanager command (which can be shortened as allowed by MQ2) to pause [on|off] or if no selection, will toggle. This is the only command.

I did poke Plure's logic with a stick to get me going in the right direction. Thanx to you sir.
To be clear, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with MQ2Autoloot I have just always handled my loot like this with a personal macro.
This plugin might not be for everyone. It's very simplistic but it's how I've been doing it for a while. I decided to stop using a macro to handle it and make it a plugin so I don't have to remember to start it.
Plus, this way you can use it too if you choose.
Source Repository
https://github.com/jessebevil/MQ2LootManager
[git] Automation options?
Yes
Author
ChatWithThisName
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from ChatWithThisName

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. 20230219

〰️Commits Update for v143 Addresses https://github.com/macroquest/macroquest/issues/635...

Latest reviews

Thanks! I hit a rough patch with lag and had to click every button 4-5 times. Lag is fixed but I'm sold on this plugin.
This works very well, i would just add for personal loot, for people who wants to solo farm items, that you need to pay attention to the files used by advanced loot system from the game itself.
If you don't loot the items you were looking for, check the files named LF_[Nvr|AN]_<character name>_<server>.ini from the userdata Everquest directory.
I had to swap some items i was looking for from Nvr file to AN file, after changing my mind on items i wanted to keep. There is probably a way to do this with /advloot commands, i found it easier to fix those files.
exactly the simplicity i was looking for!
Exactly what i was looking for with my loot manager.
Simple! Love stuff that just works!
Back