• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Zek's Walk of Shame Competition. (1 Viewer)

Faazed

Clearly Not of This Planet
RedCents
1,813¢
Edit 3: On November 20th 2021 Arrival Time 10am (Pacific Standard Time) On Zek Server. Start time 10:30am unless we are held up by camera crew, I'm holding my annual 100 Krono competition.

First thing everyone asks is WTF Zek.

A. Noone has toons on the server, so open slot to make a level 1 toon.
B. You cannot get pvped on Zek until you've reached level 6 so no worries there.
C. Less likely to have people cheating with toons to help their level 1's along the way, since again... noone has toons on Zek.

Second thing , What is a Zek Walk of Shame?

You make a level 1 toon. (Twink it the best you can before the date of the Competition and park it in Zek. I suggest make Electrum Trio Jewelry with Trillion Cut Underfoot Diamonds and Round Cut Opals in the 10 slots for a close to 1000hp edge :D but I didn't say that.)

On the day of the Zek walk of shame you will run your toon, without buffs, clickies, Call of the Hero's , Teleports, using the PoK book, Using pre-exhisting Bind points at strategic locations ... yada yada (No Cheating) from Paineel to Ak'Anon.

The first 20 to make it to the PoK book in Ak'Anon wins 5 Krono.

There will be limited time Bind points in specific zones to make your run easier. Should you parish horribly, which we are hoping since we'll have people with Live Feeds following groups of people around to watch them die. (Squid Game meets EQ)

Good Luck :D

Edit: I just had a Donation of Krono for an additional event to occur after the race, so don't delete your toons, you will have to use them to win more Krono.

Edit 2: Create a Level 1 toon on Zek Server prior to the Event on Saturday, go kill: Bixies, Skeletons, Fire Beetles, snakes then head to baz. You'll find a barter buying Rusty weapons for between 25kpp to 50kpp, fire beetle eyes for 20kpp etc... to help you gear out a little before the event. Don't worry if you level your toon doing this, just put the plat in the shared bank, create a new level 1. Park your toon in Paineel for the race, so you don't miss registration time.
12 million plat in items being bought. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Last time I went on Zek server to check it out.

There was hardly anyone in General chat and even PoK looked like a Ghost town

Is that server still going strong ?

Last time I went on Zek server to check it out.

There was hardly anyone in General chat and even PoK looked like a Ghost town

Is that server still going strong ?
Lol, no. It’s barely worth the electricity DPG uses to keep it going. No one actually plays there.

There are 2 Raiding Guilds on ZEK , people stay out of general because MMOBUGS exploits general to find people's locations. You should only see about 49 people ever in General, unless someone is new to server lol.

There are 2 Raiding Guilds on ZEK , people stay out of general because MMOBUGS exploits general to find people's locations. You should only see about 49 people ever in General, unless someone is new to server lol.

Which two?

Nevermind, I just looked it up.

There are two raiding guilds..... neither of which have beaten ToV or CoV. ToL is about to launch. If the details from that post are accurate, the population is better than its been over the last few years, but it's still total shit.

There was someone on the Forever Quest podcast in the last few months speaking about Zek, sounds like a fun play experience but it is obviously niche, I think the raiding scene is on the up from what it was previously but yeah I think they said there's only a few hundred regular players.

They also mentioned most people stay off the general channels as it 'outs' their movements, showing who is on what continents etc. This is something I've noticed actually since hearing this, if you watch the general channels it's fairly obvious seeing box armies logging in and out, something I've been a little bit conscious of as I try to stay incognito. I think f2p accounts go into the newplayers channel regardless of whether you have the option ticked or not.

Only game I've ever really pvp'd in was Aion, was a bit of fun, bit of an adrenalin rush, never really tried it in EQ but I don't think it's a game really set up for it, was a bit of an after thought.

I was in Pandemonium on Tallon Zek for a short while. I still have a character in Flowers of Happiness - the Fansy the bard guild.
I don't main on the Zek server at all anymore. I'm much happier elsewhere.
I logged into one of my old characters on Zek the other day and it looks like the server really is just gasping for breath refusing to die.

On November 20th 2021 Arrival Time 10am On Zek Server. Start time 10:30am unless we are held up by camera crew, I'm holding my annual 100 Krono competition.

First thing everyone asks is WTF Zek.

A. Noone has toons on the server, so open slot to make a level 1 toon.
B. You cannot get pvped on Zek until you've reached level 6 so no worries there.
C. Less likely to have people cheating with toons to help their level 1's along the way, since again... noone has toons on Zek.

Second thing , What is a Zek Walk of Shame?

You make a level 1 toon. (Twink it the best you can before the date of the Competition and park it in Zek. I suggest make Electrum Trio Jewelry with Trillion Cut Underfoot Diamonds and Round Cut Opals in the 10 slots for a close to 1000hp edge :D but I didn't say that.)

On the day of the Zek walk of shame you will run your toon, without buffs, clickies, Call of the Hero's , Teleports, using the PoK book, Using pre-exhisting Bind points at strategic locations ... yada yada (No Cheating) from Paineel to Ak'Anon.

The first 20 to make it to the PoK book in Ak'Anon wins 5 Krono.

There will be limited time Bind points in specific zones to make your run easier. Should you parish horribly, which we are hoping since we'll have people with Live Feeds following groups of people around to watch them die. (Squid Game meets EQ)

Good Luck :D

Edit: I just had a Donation of Krono for an additional event to occur after the race, so don't delete your toons, you will have to use them to win more Krono.
Time zone?

This was a lot of fun and I would like to thank you Faazed for putting this together. It was tricky in places but overall a nice event that any could participate.

I honestly thought I would not have a chance but I did win a Krono. So thank you again. 😁

This was a lot of fun and I would like to thank you Faazed for putting this together. It was tricky in places but overall a nice event that any could participate.

I honestly thought I would not have a chance but I did win a Krono. So thank you again. 😁
Event 2 will be coming , It's 2 part, each completed part is 1 krono. Hint: will require a level 35 toon for the mission on Zek.

IRL - Zek's Walk of Shame Competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back