• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - working fine yesterday now today wont load (1 Viewer)

sohagman

RedCents
20¢
ok I download everything it worked fine yesterday … now today I log in and it says it cannot open file ??? please help me

ok I download everything it worked fine yesterday … now today I log in and it says it cannot open file ??? please help me
howdy @sohagman sorry to hear you're having trouble.

can you walk me through the steps your taking and what is telling you "can not open file"?

sure sic ,, the file opened yesterday in this destination C:\users\rossb\onedrive\destop\redguides_veryvanlliua\IHCBER.mac and today it don't want to open I wiped my whole computer put it in macro's folder, it worked yesterday got everything set up I log in today I raid ,, then load red guides I updated logged boxes in hit button for IHC says it cant open file .

sure sic ,, the file opened yesterday in this destination C:\users\rossb\onedrive\destop\redguides_veryvanlliua\IHCBER.mac and today it don't want to open I wiped my whole computer put it in macro's folder, it worked yesterday got everything set up I log in today I raid ,, then load red guides I updated logged boxes in hit button for IHC says it cant open file .
ok, so let's back up a second.

so you're using the redguide's launcher and you're fully patched?
Like this where last installed is green
1579500530072.png

First I would just double/triple check that your Settings is pointing to where you think it is for your macroquest directory VIDEO HERE in case that helps
1579500696557.png
so now you want to go to the IHC redguide's patch and ensure you are "watching" IHC mercs >>> HERE <<<
On the right hand side of this img see where i see "Unwatch" you want to click "Watch" until it shows "unwatch" (meaning you're watching it) ((lol that sounds confusing))

1579500577881.png

Then you will go back to your redguide's launcher and click Refresh down in the bottom right - this will make it so you can see IHC Mercs - and give it an "Update All" if they are red

1579500631623.png

Once you have that done you can follow the IHC instructions for getting running

Use:
*first time use*
type /mac ihcinstall and wait for the pop up message.

Check the ini file and make any adjustments you might want to make, most have an out of the box config to preform their general role, ex: IHCENC is going to do full debuffing tash, slow, cripple, strip buffs...this might be a waste of time for your group or content, if mobs are dead before they are slowed or crippled...turn it off!
After the initial load and adjustments
**target your main assist/tank
type /ihcstart on each char or all at once using bc....ex: /bcga //ihstart will start the mac on all supported classes.
*** Use the above command as written....NOT /mac ihcstart***

**Main assist must make sense, it is enforced by certain mac's....ex: the enchanter cant be MA because some of the roles like CC...if the ench is the MA and goes to CC a target everyone would jump on it!

*UPGRADE ONLY*
Backup then delete your old INI's
A lot of settings are the same, transfer them over, some have changed names or are new, please refer to the documentation.

Gonna tag in @morisato and @drwhomphd just to ensure i'm giving up to date info

Hi Sohag man i maintain IHC. so when you ran it yesterday all was fine but today when u ran the Update it no longer works? with /ihcstart is what i am understanding Are u able to manually look into the Macros/ihcmercs folder and able to see a IHCBER.mac in this folder?

It sounds like you need to Do what Sic Has Said Sohag it sounds like a Incorrect directory Installtion Issue.

yes I can see the macro's and were they are stored I type IHCBER.mac and hit button but yes still wont open ,, everything worked fine yesterday ,,

I am going to delete it all again and try it one more time if it don't work I am done boxing forever ,, I hate when this stuff happens I have 10 chars I could box but cant keep doing this stuff go back to sitting in the hall looking for groups .

I did it doesn't work ,, see u all tomorrow I will wipe computer then come back and before I install I will talk to u all first ty …

I have the same problem. It is not related til IHC but to mq2 handling of macros.

To take the example above (i am at work and do not have access to my PC) the path is shown as

C:\users\rossb\onedrive\destop\redguides_veryvanlliua\IHCBER.mac

the correct path for opening the macro should probably be:

C:\users\rossb\onedrive\destop\redguides_veryvanlliua\macros\IHCBER.mac

As i see the problem there has been a change where .\macros is not appended to the filepath shown in the installer.

When i try to run both /mac Kissassist and /ihcstart i get an error that the file cannot be found and the errormessage refer to refer to the release folder and not to release/macros where the macro file is stored.

The issue appeared 2-3 days ago.

KRH that is my problem I had last Monday the file could not be found ,, I am going to download it later on tonight can u sic tell me the right path for it to be downloaded to so I maybe wont mess it up this time ,, I wont download till I see your instructions … ty for all the help

KRH that is my problem I had last Monday the file could not be found ,, I am going to download it later on tonight can u sic tell me the right path for it to be downloaded to so I maybe wont mess it up this time ,, I wont download till I see your instructions … ty for all the help

I solved my problem!

I renamed the release folder to release_old to ensure that nothing is lost
Created a new empty release folder

Reinstalled MQ2
Copied my old configuration files to the new release folder
Now macro files are working as intented and only a bit of fiddling remains

Just use the default paths, it will work fine. Make sure you follow Sic's posts above

Problem - working fine yesterday now today wont load

Users who are viewing this thread

Back