• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Window switching (1 Viewer)

Oetang

RedCents
56¢
Hello all

I recently returned to EQ after a long break. I played from Kunark through to when the level cap hit 85. Back then I was boxing 4 accounts using WinEQ and running things pretty manually.
From what I have gleaned reading these forums it sounds like Innerspace is used addition to MQ. Does that mean there isn’t a way to assign keys to a window in MQ so that I can quickly swap between windows?
I started a new 4 box team on FV and I am getting tired of alt+tab / using the task bar to switch windows.
I’m trying to determine what I need to get set up.

Thanks in advance

Innerspace/Isboxer is one solution but as I learned recently, it really is no longer needed with current software. You can set a shortcut key in your RG launcher (see below) and use things like boxhud to monitor and switch between your toons. It took me some getting used to since I have used isboxer for 11 toons for almost 2 years but I recently made the decision to move away from it because of how it handles screen swaps and your EQ/imgui layout. Depending on the layout yourt use, it moves things around when you window swap becaues it needs to change the resolution and this wreaked havoc for me so I moved away and I'm glad I did thus far.

1692913038345.png

Oetang

You can just go into ISB and assign any key you want. I think the default is cntrl + alt +1234 etc. Not sure about that but you can go into ISB and look under your character sets click on one and then go down to the"Slots" and click on the "1" and on the right side, at the top of the page there is a "Hotkey to switch to this character", and just either memorize it or change it. The reason I can't remember the default is because I changed mine. I have a Logitech G11 KB and I use the extra keys to swap characters.

I might also suggest another monitor. I keep my main on my middle monitor and the 5 others on my right hand monitor. The swap is seemless. One of the main reasons I use ISB at all.

Vrak

ISBoxer/Innerspace has a fairly steep learning curve, but once you've figured it out there's really nothing like it. Features like instant swaps, emulated full-screen mode, keyboard repeater, monitor and window layout tools, multiple computer communications, and team management are just amazing.

Now I'm not saying the tools available here on RedGuides are bad or substandard but I've already overcome the learning curve on ISBoxer. I'm too old to learn another paradigm.

In fact, DBG should hire Lavishsoft to get their DirectX and UI updates back on track.

Thanks for all of the input. I ended up using the assignment Psymorph suggested in the profile section. It works perfectly when paired with programmable mouse buttons.

I made Switcher.Lua to make it easier to swtich, but admittedly I still use MQ hotkeys most of the time. I still use switcher when I load up more than 6 toons. Plus it has the benefit of letting me open up a trade window with anyone when they are all lumped together.

But if you run a fixed team most of the time, you can also just set up hotkeys with the command '/dex <toonname> /foreground'. Bit of a pain to do that on all your chars to allow switching back, but works in a pinch.

Question - Window switching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back