• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Whoa... ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,025¢
Interesting laptop, especially if you travel and game, code, or just need discord up all the time.

The specs are very nice... I personally like MSI but I used to buy ASUS motherboards back in the day when I would build towers. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these, try before you buy type deal.

-Taz

Nice
Jim Carrey Work GIF by Demic

Asus Strix Scar

That is the current edition. The one I got last year was same CPU but only RTX 3070. I am a big Asus fan the past 12 years after reading a report that Asus and Toshiba had the fewest warranty claims. That was 12 years ago so not sure if they still have the fewest claims but I have been happy with the products - both laptops and desktop MB’s.

I looked at it, but didnt like the kb position and layout. I went with the ROG Zephyrus S17 w/ RTX 3080-16gb
So on the S17, no second screen? The second screen is what got me looking at it. Plus its build like a beast, wonder how hot it gets. I have to sit my 15" MSI on a fan to have it on my lap, it just gets too hot with out it.... the 17" inch stays on the desk, its to heavy/hot to be comfortable for any length of time.

-Taz

Asus Strix Scar

That is the current edition. The one I got last year was same CPU but only RTX 3070. I am a big Asus fan the past 12 years after reading a report that Asus and Toshiba had the fewest warranty claims. That was 12 years ago so not sure if they still have the fewest claims but I have been happy with the products - both laptops and desktop MB’s.
Agreed. BIG Asus fan for years. Was using a ROG Strix GL502 until I nabbed the S17, Gave the old one to my daughter. Wife was pissed about the price, but I can only die once...

Asus Strix Scar

My MSI's have been solid... no issues so far, going on 2+ years.

GS 65 Stealth and a GE 76 Raider. Would like to get my hands on that ASUS rog zeph dou 16 and test drive it.

-Taz

Last edited:
So on the S17, no second screen? The second screen is what got me looking at it. Plus its build like a beast, wonder how hot it gets. I have to sit my 15" MSI on a fan to have it on my lap, it just gets too hot with out it.... the 17" inch stays on the desk, its to heavy/hot to be comfortable for any length of time.

-Taz
No 2nd screen. It does have the same raised keyboard, which allows for improved airflow. Once the fans kick in, it can get a lil loud (but its not burning my lap)

My MSI's have been solid... no issues so far, going on 2+ years.

GS 65 Stealth and a GE 76 Raider

-Taz
Had the GS 65 Stealth thin…Trouble was I got it 1 month into release so I had the keyboard issue from the creased ribbon wire. Also had battery issues.

I had to just throw in the towel and pitch the MSI. I did like the metal chassis and gold dragon logo. My progression has been

End of 2009 Asus
2018 MSI
2021 Asus.

I might be back to Asus for good.

Had the GS 65 Stealth thin…Trouble was I got it 1 month into release so I had the keyboard issue from the creased ribbon wire. Also had battery issues.

I had to just throw in the towel and pitch the MSI. I did like the metal chassis and gold dragon logo. My progression has been

End of 2009 Asus
2018 MSI
2021 Asus.

I might be back to Asus for good.
I was a staunch desktop enthusiast, until I got married. Have a spare room where I keep my pc, but my wife would call me every 5 friggin minutes. Laptops kept me in the livingroom (and thus, kept her quiet).
Started with a vaio laptop (don't judge me) and moved on to ASUS and never looked back!

Thats a whole lot of money just for a laptop. But i have seen them and liked them! Id like to see how long they last on battery power though
Not sure about the duo, but Zephyrus S17 gets me about 4-5 hours browsing/video watching, 2-3 hrs gaming. If i box, i plug in. I dont do much gaming on the move, so battery life isnt an issue for me.
They will be pricey for a while. And since upgradability will always be an issue, I just opted for all the bells & whistles up front, so I'll stay future-proof for some time.

I was a staunch desktop enthusiast, until I got married. Have a spare room where I keep my pc, but my wife would call me every 5 friggin minutes. Laptops kept me in the livingroom
This right here is me also. Happy wife, happy life. MKLINKS and a NAS setup saved me from going insane with moving config file between the two computers. Play in the office during the day and in the living room at night.

-Taz

This right here is me also. Happy wife, happy life. MKLINKS and a NAS setup saved me from going insane with moving config file between the two computers. Play in the office during the day and in the living room at night.

-Taz
I really need to get that set up!

My kiddo's system needs my settings along with the little HP Elitedesk 800 mini g3 I keep next to my primary system to run an extra group. I use Mouse without Borders vKVM to mouse over to that (13" FHD travel screen) system's monitor, but need to get everything set up in game and wrt MQ.

Love my Asus ROG Zephyrus 15" I got earlier this year on clearance. The newer ryzen chip is with the 3070 RTXm is a beast for video editing and gaming. Runs RG MQ2 build with multiple clients without breaking a sweat.

I went Asus with my internals on my new desktop. I'm impressed with the hardware. Not impressed with Armory Crate. The RGB controls are kinda meh. I use a third-party utility that changes my RGB based on the game I'm playing.

Not sure about the duo, but Zephyrus S17 gets me about 4-5 hours browsing/video watching, 2-3 hrs gaming. If i box, i plug in. I dont do much gaming on the move, so battery life isnt an issue for me.
They will be pricey for a while. And since upgradability will always be an issue, I just opted for all the bells & whistles up front, so I'll stay future-proof for some time.
Ended up having to replace the 17.3" display in ROG Zrphyrus S17. Just my luck that it happened 2 weeks AFTER the warranty expired!

Interesting laptop, especially if you travel and game, code, or just need discord up all the time.

The specs are very nice... I personally like MSI but I used to buy ASUS motherboards back in the day when I would build towers. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these, try before you buy type deal.

-Taz
I have this laptop. I love it but the second screen is a little less functional for my line of work then I'd like. I have to read peoples hand drawn notes and second screen is a little to small for the notes. Otherwise I love the size, weight, keyboard, screens etc. Its a flashy little laptop.

Tech - Whoa... ROG Zephyrus Duo 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back