• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Which Character to Add....DPS? Caster? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
61¢
So, I main a 115 Warrior and have a 93 Beastlord which I run RG Mercs on....I'm thinking about running a 3rd box, so that I can run 3 characters and 3 mercs, trying to figure out what would be the best for my 3rd. Heard a shammy but afraid with a bstlord they are overlapping? But heard their buffs and debuffs are better? Was thinking another DPS.

I want to be able to do some named ToV/COV camping and running through missions and things by myself if possible.

So any ideas and recommendations are welcomed!

Honestly, you're going to want a real healer in your group to do anything meaningful like missions ... plugins and/or macros run them infinitely better than any cleric merc, and for that I'd go with a Shaman personally.

Then if you're dead set on only running the 3 accounts, you can load up with 3 rogue mercs for dps

I would go with some type of CC. There is always going to be that bad pull, accidental pull, or pather that could wipe your group. Bard is a good choice as they can mez and also twist songs that increases the group's DPS. If not the Bard, then I would go with the Enchanter. On the other hand, if you don't care about CC ...then I would go with the Zerker or Rogue ...both are super DPS.

Honestly, you're going to want a real healer in your group to do anything meaningful like missions ... plugins and/or macros run them infinitely better than any cleric merc, and for that I'd go with a Shaman personally.

Then if you're dead set on only running the 3 accounts, you can load up with 3 rogue mercs for dps
I’d go CWTN plugin and cleric for quality of life. Best frigging $20 i spent this year right next to the CWTN Enchanter plugin

As above post you have no CC and i would suggest bard or chanter i play chanter so i know the value of good CC, but you were asking about DPS i would go wiz if a caster and rogue if melee is your option.

I agree with the rest on the CC piece, but might consider bard over enc depending on what you may do down the road replacing mercs. Second I would pick a real healer... shaman or cleric would be fine although personally I would pick a cleric.

Was thinking another DPS

I agree 100% with the suggestion of a bard. It'll up your Warrior and Beasts DPS, can add decent DPS, and is great for crowd control and pulling. Adding a bard to a melee group is almost always the right choice.

Moving on with some other suggestions, in terms of DPS,

I find that a mage / necro are very close in terms of sustained DPS in fast killing groups. It's going to come down to AAs, gear, and pet focus as to which one takes the crown. The mage makes life easy with Call of the Heroes. But in your group, I'd suggest the necro as you can mitigate the need for crowd control by pulling with your necro. The necro adds a lot of utility and once decently geared and AA'd, they can put out insane DPS with the kind of kill rate you're going to be doing.

You can really help your group by adding some DPS. But if you're going to go with a full group eventually, I do suggest the bard as it's a good long term solution for when you start pushing to a full group. With your Warrrior/Beast, you'd be looking at adding a couple berzerkers (or berzerker rogue) which the bard would supercharge and then a cleric or shaman (I suggest shaman).

Discussion - Which Character to Add....DPS? Caster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back