• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which AA to get first for SK and for rogue? (1 Viewer)

dman2509

RedCents
742¢
I've read I should get AA for max AC first with main tank (SK in this case). After that is combat agility AA or something else?

For a rogue, I haven't purchased any AA so far, just autogrant stuff. Which AA's should I focus on rogue first?

Thanks!

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
24,647¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I've read I should get AA for max AC first with main tank (SK in this case). After that is combat agility AA or something else?

For a rogue, I haven't purchased any AA so far, just autogrant stuff. Which AA's should I focus on rogue first?

Thanks!
that's a tall order - did you skip to 120 with autogrant?

there are MANY things that are very important to get

your sk definitely wants CA/CS, yes, but many other things too - you want synergy asap

rogue has several fundamental lines that increase their base dmg and their backstab dmg and crit chance etc

you also want the focuses to match the abilities you are using - focus AAs aren't purely linear, they are tier'd so you are at a significant disadvantage not having the AAs to match

can you share what your current situation is and what your short/long term goals are? will help give you a direction

dman2509

RedCents
742¢
that's a tall order - did you skip to 120 with autogrant?

there are MANY things that are very important to get

your sk definitely wants CA/CS, yes, but many other things too - you want synergy asap

rogue has several fundamental lines that increase their base dmg and their backstab dmg and crit chance etc

you also want the focuses to match the abilities you are using - focus AAs aren't purely linear, they are tier'd so you are at a significant disadvantage not having the AAs to match

can you share what your current situation is and what your short/long term goals are? will help give you a direction

Only the SK is skipped to 120 with autogrant. He does have some purchased AA now though. The rest of the party is at level 108 (rog,brd,rng,mag,clr). ROG and BRD are on gold accounts. I'll probably get them to 110 and go full AA xp at that point. The ranger I have is a F2P account and still doesn't have endless quiver.

I play very casually, usually only on weekends and usually only on for about 30-40 min to burn a lesson.

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
For what is it worth, my vote is CA and CS unless they were autogranted. I would say a general rule of thumb, or things to consider, would be to prioritize survivability and aggro generation for a tanking SK. I probably just overstated the obvious.

Sorry folks. I am off my game today. I need more afternoon coffee in the rain. I think I work better. :)

Be well. Happy gaming.

Douler

RedCents

Not sure if this helps you for your SK!

Question - Which AA to get first for SK and for rogue?

Users who are viewing this thread