• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Where to find decent Bard instruments? (1 Viewer)

Dorambo

RedCents
316¢
I have a bard, but I don't have instruments. Some songs don't play. Is there a merchant that sells instruments in PoK? Or somewhere else?

when you get to the proper levels there are some cool instruments you can farm on the top floor of TOFS in ToV xpac. They all have clickie effects that do diff things. and are also good gear if you dont have better.

Just look for visible gear with instrument mods in the bazaar. In the grand scheme of the bards life, actually holding the instrument with a better mod isn't that big of a deal. All the various levels of Defiant plate (crude, simple, ornate, flawed, intricate, elaborate, and elegant) have your instruments mods built into them (feet, hands, legs, helm, and arms)

Lots of various gear over the years has had instrument mods built in and you can check the bazaar specifically for them. One of the dropdown menus specifically allows you to search for each individual type of instrument mod. In addition to that, later in the game when you're getting all your class specific visibles, they will always have your instrument mods built in, as well (as Sic said).

If you really want just simple instruments, there are also instrument vendors in several of the hometowns (again, Sic said). They aren't good instruments, but they're cheap and available (But you'll probably be better of checking for cheap stuff in the bazaar).

Thanks for the tips!!! I didn't realize the defiant acted as instruments.
Check out Hardcore Heritage for Fanra's there's some amazing one's dropping right now that are weapons:
  • Darkened Breath of Harmony
  • Gypsy Princess Lute
  • Drums of ... something or other...

Awesome stuff, you only have like 5 days left ...

Also the uber instruments mentioned above also drop in TOV Velketor's Back wall

Check out Hardcore Heritage for Fanra's there's some amazing one's dropping right now that are weapons:
  • Darkened Breath of Harmony
  • Gypsy Princess Lute
  • Drums of ... something or other...

Awesome stuff, you only have like 5 days left ...

Also the uber instruments mentioned above also drop in TOV Velketor's Back wall
Oh yeah I'm too low. Won't have time for that this year

Hmm I may try that!
If you're going to venture down to Blood of CHottal in seb be careful, lots of undead see invis stuff. You'll also need to max out your lockpicking and bring a lockpick. Pro-tip: check if people are camping the 40 slot bag down there. They usually have a mage that can Call of the Hero (COH) you there.

Last edited:
Love this info !! I have a second-stringer unloved Bard that I use for fun sometimes, but do not honestly know how to play him much. I am glad to know about this gear upgrades, and the point of the mods on gear. I sorta guessed it, but was never certain. Hopefully I can camp some of those HH gear, plus TOV opened up for my FTP bard...whooo

Love this info !! I have a second-stringer unloved Bard that I use for fun sometimes, but do not honestly know how to play him much. I am glad to know about this gear upgrades, and the point of the mods on gear. I sorta guessed it, but was never certain. Hopefully I can camp some of those HH gear, plus TOV opened up for my FTP bard...whooo

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. Gonna grind some levels and work on the bard. I have a 3 box/3 merc group, war, shm, and bard. Hopefully that can take me a good ways with this group

The only instruments I have on my bard are from HH MM - the drums and the lute - but its for the clicky effect - not the skill boost.
You are saying those are in inventory for the clicks, but not equipped? I just started trying to get those in HH MM. Mine is a FTP just dinged to 111 (felt awesome to see him finally ding )

You are saying those are in inventory for the clicks, but not equipped? I just started trying to get those in HH MM. Mine is a FTP just dinged to 111 (felt awesome to see him finally ding )
Correct, your skill boosts are on your armor pieces. The drum and lute from MM, the gem from HH CT (boost singing) & the two weapons from HH Sebilis & Tacvi raid - that's all you need right there. Well the clicky from TBL & TOL paragon is pretty good too. My bard is also FTP - max level and max AA so I'm seriously considering raising another one. While i was in HH Seb I did go ahead pick up darkened singing steel helm and sleeves for the clicky effect, but I'm unconvinced their worth anything

at higher level you can also do velketors. the spider on first floor, back right of middle room drops 3 weapons 35% mod. ( might be 4 )? its doable. and iirc they are lv 100 usable with 115 stats

In this one spider camp at Velks you can get 4 instruments with 4 different clickies from a restless tarantula, but all 4 of recast type 3 (choose one of the 4 every 90 seconds): Horn of the Stormcaller, Lute of the Wanderer, Flute of the sirene, Drums of the warlord
Ontop of the clicky they all have a duration extension for their instrument-type based songs by 1 tick.
Be prepared for serveral weeks of camping there, as all 4 are very rare. I got all 4 of the instruments there for my "main" bard, and some more for other bards as well, as they don't dropp evenly spread.

Last edited:
I have a bard, but I don't have instruments. Some songs don't play. Is there a merchant that sells instruments in PoK? Or somewhere else?
Can buy intruments when you origin near guildmasters, should be a merchant that sells everything you need

Just look for visible gear with instrument mods in the bazaar. In the grand scheme of the bards life, actually holding the instrument with a better mod isn't that big of a deal. All the various levels of Defiant plate (crude, simple, ornate, flawed, intricate, elaborate, and elegant) have your instruments mods built into them (feet, hands, legs, helm, and arms)

Lots of various gear over the years has had instrument mods built in and you can check the bazaar specifically for them. One of the dropdown menus specifically allows you to search for each individual type of instrument mod. In addition to that, later in the game when you're getting all your class specific visibles, they will always have your instrument mods built in, as well (as Sic said).

If you really want just simple instruments, there are also instrument vendors in several of the hometowns (again, Sic said). They aren't good instruments, but they're cheap and available (But you'll probably be better of checking for cheap stuff in the bazaar).

love this,saved my life!

IRL - Where to find decent Bard instruments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back