• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Where has this been all my life!?! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Hi all. I have been back playing for a few months, after about 15 years away. When I played before, boxing was never needed, because there were literally people everywhere at all hours of the night Now, I'm playing 3 at a time, but alt-tabbing was getting frustrating.

Move ahead to the other night. I am in SF milking some XP (I mean accompanying) off a higher level group. I get one spotted, and I'm like "oh f***". Before my body hits the ground, I get a rezz request message. I ask how the heck this is possible, and I get the simple reply of "mq2 plugin".

This lead me to this site. Gotta tell you, my head is swimming. How did I never get into this before? I can not wait until next weekend to download and set this up. I'm sure I'll be pestering y'all with all sorts of stupid questions. Thanks so much in advance.

Attos

Hi all. I have been back playing for a few months, after about 15 years away. When I played before, boxing was never needed, because there were literally people everywhere at all hours of the night Now, I'm playing 3 at a time, but alt-tabbing was getting frustrating.

Move ahead to the other night. I am in SF milking some XP (I mean accompanying) off a higher level group. I get one spotted, and I'm like "oh f***". Before my body hits the ground, I get a rezz request message. I ask how the heck this is possible, and I get the simple reply of "mq2 plugin".

This lead me to this site. Gotta tell you, my head is swimming. How did I never get into this before? I can not wait until next weekend to download and set this up. I'm sure I'll be pestering y'all with all sorts of stupid questions. Thanks so much in advance.

Attos
welcome :)

@Attos123 this is more pointed towards "migrate your existing MQ2 to the MacroQuest 'Next' version" but might be worth watching.

I would recommend *starting* with mq "next"

Welcome Attos! I hope you enjoy it here. I find messing with mq2 to be as much fun as playing eq now days. The more you mess with it and the more you learn the more you want to know.

Down the rabbit hole he goes......

Thefun starts now now and like most of us, you may find that it is the ability to automate everything that entices more than the game itself - how is it possible!!!
Just wait and see....

I'm shocked they admitted to using mq2! Nonetheless, welcome and enjoy! I would have stopped playing entirely if I hadn't started using mq2 almost 2 years ago. Everyone has their preferences, but I personally recommend using the CWTN plugins if your class is supported. There's a great community here, so ask lots of questions!

Now, I'm playing 3 at a time, but alt-tabbing was getting frustrating.
Instead of Alt-tab playstyle, there are tools witch enables you to play all toons, via the broadcaster. After setup, the main character can send instructions to your other toons with commandos to use various spells and abilities like slow, heal, assist, dps etc.
Basically, your main can send a command to toon1, to press key x, and toon1 when activates the hotkey assigned with the key x. As alt+tab boxer, you probably have those hotkeys figured already.

Example:
Main tank engages a mob, and you want your group to assist.
On your main tank, you create a hotbutton for your group to press key 1
Via the broadcaster, the group activated hotbutton 1
Hotbutton 1 is set us as (/pause 10, /assist main etc)

There are guides on how to set this up to play manually via broadcaster. There are also tools like KissAssist and Class apps which plays group members for you like mercs.

Welcome to Red guides Attos123!!

What is giving you that resurrection feature is in your INI file . You can set it to automatically REZ yourself and setup what % you will accept.
Also you can setup to return to campfire if you die as well.

Bunch of INI files in the library section for examples

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, and all the information. I have been watching tutorial videos, and taking a ton of notes. I am looking forward to diving in on my next day off (9 days from now, ugh).

Can not wait to be rocking a full wrecking crew.
Thinking SK, Cleric, mage, necro, druid, Ranger.
Thoughts?

Hey Attos123

I like the diversity of the group , this way you get a feel for more classes. Your group will rock and do well

But I think you will regret not having a Bard or enchanter in the long run when you get to High end content. I did and learned how to play the bard somewhat.

The Ranger was the one I was not too sure of. I could easily swap that out, as I have no special affinity for the class. Is there any one I should drop for maybe a Shaman?

BTW the druid isn't going anywhere. I just can't not have my druid

Welcome Attos. Like many others have said, MQ2 and redguides are the way to go and it will change the game for you in a very positive way. One word of caution, it is a lot of information to absorb so slow and steady is the recommendation.

@Attos123 this is more pointed towards "migrate your existing MQ2 to the MacroQuest 'Next' version" but might be worth watching.

I would recommend *starting* with mq "next"

In the video, Sic talks about a premium license for mq2 and next. Is this something I have to purchase separately from my redguides sub?

no, but there are some "premium" plugins through redguides like mq2grind or the cwtn class plugins
You guys are evil. I have 8 days til my next day off, yet I'm more excited about playing EQ than I have been since the night before Luclin came out. Yall gonna make me mess around and call out sick. To make matters even harder to resist, yall gift me enough cents to pay for my sub. Can't even use the, "I'll wait to spend the money" excuse.

@Attos123 Welcome to redguides. I've gifted you a month of Redguides so you can dive into it anytime you feel you got some extra time to spare.

Questions are expected from people new to the world of MQ2. This is normal.
When you download the Redguides launcher and install MQ2 the vast majority of plugins just come with it.

Regarding automation you have a few options available.
KissAssist
MuleAssist
RGMercs
The various class plugins (Links in my signature)

But, there are also a ton of utility type tools which are amazing. MQ2Nav, MQ2Rez etc. The list is long and each tool has a place here.

Regarding the group makeup. The important thing is to Enjoy yourself. But if you're after a murder squad then Sic's usually got the Shd, Shm, Brd, Zerk, Zerk, Bst crew which is a wrecking ball of power when properly geared/AA'd can plow through most all content in the game. Keep in mind that the limitations you experienced when alt-tabbing for the most part will no longer be an issue once you've learned how to use some of the things available here and you'll be free to branch out to other classes and use them in ways that wouldn't have been ideal alt-tabbing.

Have fun!

Questions are expected from people new to the world of MQ2. This is normal.
Or if you are like me, you joined long ago and just finally got around to actually trying to use the plethora of tools available here and are just finally asking tons of newbie questions.

😋

Seriously, everyone here is awesome at pointing you in the right direction!

Best of luck and welcome aboard!

IRL - Where has this been all my life!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back