• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - where do i start (1 Viewer)

Alluria

RedCents
130¢
I have just purchased the membership but I am totally out of my comfort zone here. I need some guidance on where to download what I need to have a rogue running around (for starters) gathering collectibles.

Nothing really makes sense to me because it is all so very new. Any help for this newb would be appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to RedGuides - Check out the "Getting Started" vids

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

:rc A...
Welcome to RedGuides - Check out the "Getting Started" vids

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Once you have those basics happening (launcher, nav meshes, ingame with MQ loaded, basics) then you want to look at mq2groundspawns and load and run that --- but don't skip all the stuff before it - you'd be robbing yourself of important information.

EQ is a complicated game, and by extension, MQ is complicated on complicated, so give yourself some room, have an open mind, re-read/watch stuff as you go --- but don't skip the important bits

Solution
@Alluria

YSZwaWQ9QXBp

Welcome to the family. Sic, shared the getting started links. He also has a ton of videos linked in his signature, not to mention a guide on setting up Hot Keys. Take your time. Start there, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. This is a very helpful group.

Be well Happy gaming.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

welcome

my best advice is read a lot and try only a little at a time

its gonna take a bit to get everything up and going even on one toon

i started on one toon and just worked on it in an old zone just to get the hang of things

dont give up if you get stuck ask questions and the search tool is your friend

I have just purchased the membership but I am totally out of my comfort zone here. I need some guidance on where to download what I need to have a rogue running around (for starters) gathering collectibles.

Nothing really makes sense to me because it is all so very new. Any help for this newb would be appreciated.
I'll give you my discord in game so we can chat about it.

First - tell us about your Crew. What toons are you trying to Automate - Dont share names/server Details - but we may be able to assist with the best way forward depending on if you are running 1 or 101

I would offer one small piece of advice - Use Dannet instead of EQBC at the start. Its a superior product and then you dont get bcg commands ingrained in the brain.

Question - where do i start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back