• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Where did the groups go? (1 Viewer)

raven_warsong

RedCents
529¢
Hello, everyone!

I've been playing EQ since the Kunark release and I really have enjoyed the game for 20 years. I've played a Cleric and a SK but where have all the LFGs gone to? I heard they all came here. *laughs* Anyhow, I'm new to this and discovering all this RG magic. I'm wanting to give this a try and see if I can get my own group together. It looks like a bunch of code and while I can't code I was told I didn't need to know how, so I'm going to give it a try. Wish me the best, please.

Thanks! :)

Hello, everyone!

I've been playing EQ since the Kunark release and I really have enjoyed the game for 20 years. I've played a Cleric and a SK but where have all the LFGs gone to? I heard they all came here. *laughs* Anyhow, I'm new to this and discovering all this RG magic. I'm wanting to give this a try and see if I can get my own group together. It looks like a bunch of code and while I can't code I was told I didn't need to know how, so I'm going to give it a try. Wish me the best, please.

Welcome!

people are pretty established with their gaming habits/style in this age of this old game - it is not too surprising you don't see as many LFGs these days - but definitely stinks. i used to always say "i don't play an mmo to be alone" - but alas :p

TLPs are where people go to group with random people in general. Otherwise it’s more that people play with the people they know.

Hello, everyone!

Welcome! That's exactly why many of us are here. We make our own groups and try to enjoy the game on our own time as we are able. Much of the automation is to just reduce busy work and do the things we enjoy in the game, whatever that may be. Everyone has their own goals and that's why you will see so many different options on how to set up and use your group. It all allows to make your time that much more enjoyable when you do get on to play.

Also keep in mind that CoV has been out and we're nearing another expansion announcement (Hopefully) So while there aren't many people on atm, it's entirely likely there will be a significant uptick in population when a new expansion either announces, or released. At first a lot will be on Beta trying to get a head start on the new expansion understanding, and eventually will be on live.

So as Knightly mentioned, most people are doing TLP's for random pick up groups. This far into an expansion it's not unreasonable to see the population fairly low. But with any luck that should change by the end of the year. Looking forward to the expansion announcement.

Hello, everyone!

Shot you a gift of 1 month level 2 access.

Def hit youtube and check out sic's vids. theres also a ton of vids here on site.

for fast use you can use rgmercs but my fav(costs a tad bit) are Chatwiththisname Class Plugins https://www.redguides.com/community/forums/cwtn-plugins.163/

I currently own them all and love using them. they are pretty much 4 step use
1)purchase them.
2)install via patcher
3)load into game with VV active
4)/plugin (class name you bought) load
go enjoy

For me I love to group but being a father and working full time it makes public grouping almost impossible to be able to complete the things you want or need in the very limited time you get to play... I hope you enjoy playing this way and hitting the goals you seek

There are a lot of helpful folks that roam RedGuides if you have any questions. I would start with the beginners guide to mulitboxing. When I started a couple of years ago I found them extremely helpful. Welcome to RedGuides enjoy the enhancement that these tools bring to EQ.

Welcome....My computer knowledge is minimal and i picked it up fast. I probably wouldnt be playing if it wasnt for RG. I just dont have time to look for groups.

"Where did the groups go?"

The real group was inside you all along.

No, seriously. Outside of when I'm grouping with top end raiders, the company of myself has been some of the best grouping I've ever done in this game as far as skill goes. My KissAssist ini's are significantly better at this game than 90+% of the people I've ever grouped with. I like grouping with people, even when they're not great, but sometimes I just want to plow through content and get stuff done. That's a lot easier when I know the dps is up to par, the CC is paying attention, and the healer is remotely competent.

No waiting around getting everyone together. No syncing schedules. Just log in and away you go. That's why we're all here whether we realize it or not (ok maybe not all of us, but most of us). There's a bit of a learning curve with everything here, but I wouldn't say any of it is totally overwhelming as long as you just remember to take one step at a time. You may already be up and running by the time I read this thread.

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for all the positive responses and Level 2!! I'm slowly getting the hang of the basics and can now log a group in, at least. I really appreciate all the helpful replies, and my family is definitely a big part of my life! :D

I'm working hard to learn all the general commands, but that should be easily forthcoming as I think I've got the format down.

Thanks, again!

Join the discord a lot of helpful folks in there all day long.
I have discord, however, I am very new to using it. I mainly use it to chat with individuals 1:1 and really haven't learned how to join a group or how to look up groups.

Is there a discord group chat for Redguides MQ2 users? That would be very helpful, indeed. :)

Well, as my final update on this thread I have to say I'm really pleased with VV mq2! I set up my discord with Redguides and the people in there were instrumental in helping me to iron out some kinks. Also, I went ahead and took Arander's advice and bought two CWTN's plugins; Eskay and Cleric.

First of all ... wow! It was incredibly easy to play with them right out of the box! I was so impressed I bought the MQ2Shaman. I was really impressed at what they could do, so I bought all of the plugins from CWTN and Sic except MQ2Rogue. Now, I'm thinking of making a Rogue. LOL.

I decided to get EQ2Wire and that really cut down on my % of usage regarding my CPU. I tried a few macros and viola! Now, with my small squad, I can play to my heart's content and a big bonus is I can invite others into my group that was in the same boat as me from before; wondering where all the groups had gone. Man, I am so hooked! Thanks, everyone for all of your suggestions & comments. They were very helpful to me. And a special thanks to you, Arander, for the free month of LVL 2!

I really couldn't be more pleased. :)

Nice Raven. Not sure if your crew is 85+ yet, but I highly recommend checking out the Overseer automation macro if you haven't already. I wasn't a huge fan of the Overseer system myself, and actually I wouldn't be bothered to do it without the macro. Makes it pretty painless. You can accumulate substantial XP and Merc XP, or tradeskill mats, or collection items etc.

Overseer Automation

IRL - Where did the groups go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back