• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - When to work on AA ?? (1 Viewer)

W

Wolfborn

Does it make sense to level up first then work on the non autogranted AA or work on AA as you're leveling up?
I'm afraid of buying AA that will be autogranted and wasting time.
With the release of ToV, what expansion will be autogranted? EoK? RoS?
(I should know this already but I've never really paid attention to it and just worked on AA when I felt like it or needed a certain AA)

Also, I read a post yesterday about someone who leveled up and never did progression.
That's my story. I did a few missions / HA's in TBM but nothing else really and I've been playing EQ since September 1999.

If you were going to go back and do missions / progression.
What would you suggest?

Personal opinion: I would work on AA at 110 if you dont have a strong tank with you. Autogrant will get you most things and you can AA in EoK zones just fine. Atleast until about 20k AA, then you can do RoS t2/Tbl t1.

I did not do progression until ToV, personally. I'm going back and doing the TDS progression for tradeskills but that's about it.

what Is your group makeup? And how well geared is everyone?

generally, I would say race to the top, auto grant along the way, then work on aas.
Auto grant now will Grant aas up to TBM. If you’re a tank you might want to upgrade combat stability/agility, physical enhancement, armor of wisdom, general sturdiness, the % hp aa, etc. so, all the defenses.

If you’re not planning on tackling TBL along the way, you should be ok. I went in with mostly selrach gear and some gmm non visible and I did ok. Your mileage may vary depending on how much time you spent optimizing your group.

Keep in mind the first 4000 aa has a bonus. What I do is level up to 105 then work on that 4000 which all gets spent in focus (EoK+) then autogrant and level to 115 then AA.
But then I have the resources to be able to do this method.

Last edited:
Torment of Velious launching flagged The Broken Mirror for autogrant

Go back and do progression as this will also grant you some AA and you can do and find some interesting things which may benefit your characters. Plus most lower progression will be very easy at higher levels.

I don't auto grant for those first 4000 that you get the bonus on. This way I can learn what the AA does better for each character. Then I switch to auto grant . I also have a large % portion going to AA - this way I can keep up with the tradeskill AA which are not auto granted and any other stragglers.

Around level 95-101 I used to get tons and I mean tons (up to 20 AA per) of AA from the bonus Teek HA dailys. Now at higher level the AA rewards are greatly reduced.

HA rewards ! EoK is pretty nice to get a quick bump. At 115 the HA's are a joke and if you get all the achievements (which you should) its is in the order of 120 AA x 4 = 480 AA for an hours work is not too shabby, onetime only.

Question - When to work on AA ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back