• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What's Your favorite class? (1 Viewer)

Shadow Knight, but that is mostly for nostalgia, that was the class that I played originally in Luclin/Pop when I played in college

My main for the last 15 years +/- has been Enchanter. My very first character was a Wizard, which I loved playing - but when I started with Enchanter, that was it. I can pull for ages with my Enchanter. I love pulling trains on my group, and then keeping the surplus CC'd. It's a good time!

1. Ranger. He's probably still hanging out there somewhere in the Karanas.
2. Druid? I dunno; I just started playing again and I am not sure.
3. Magician probably. I need someone to be self-sufficient and they do a pretty decent job from what I understand.

I remember fighting in blackburrow with my Barbarian warrior, getting my butt kicked. Was young and got addicted watching my brother play, waiting for him to log off so i could stay up all night playing. One of his friends on there hooked me up with a few items and i was the happiest kid alive. ran around kicking gnoll but after that. this was 20 years ago, mad where does the time go

Awesome thread! This game takes me back to such a magical time in my life. I only knew about EQ from my neighbor, I had to go to his house and we took turns playing on his parents' computer. When I got my own computer and my parents surprised me with my own EverQuest game card it was like a dream come true.

-First real character was Barbarian Shaman
-Just made a Heroic Bard and damn is that fun.
-Mage

-The class I'm most interested in trying next is Enchanter.

My first and most loved is my Necro. At the time there were no mercs. You had to either do it all by yourself or find a group. My necro could go an fight alone and with fear/slow/pet/dots I could take thing bigger than myself.

Next was my Ranger. I loved tracking things and finding what is fightable and what to leave alone. Good Bow and good arrows and snare/kite was fun.

First Character was a Bard. I made it to level two before I deleted it. At the time I had gotten my new level two song and wanted to practice it in the safety of guard protection since I didn't know what it did. Well, I still didn't know what it did because for some reason I died. Looking back, now knowing what happened, I wish I stayed with the Bard.
Favorite Class is a tough one, I would probably go along the lines of Rogue being my favorite.
No boxing, would be Necromancer, easy answer.

My first ever class was Paladin till level 7, then swapped to a mage to 50, then leveled a Warrior became a MT through Velious.

My favorite classes:
Paladin
Necro
Shaman

Unable to box, well if it was OG EQ, I'd probably end up playing a necro, as there wasn't really anything they couldn't solo outside of raids.
Backup to that, I would play a Shaman, also because back in the OG EQ days, they could do everything including tank.

1. my very first toon was a wood elf ranger, still have him,
2. But as soon as they came out I changed to a barbarian Zerker, and he has been my main ever since.
i box him with either a warrior or sk and a shaman. always gota have a shaman. group is no use with out one. and when i feel bored i go solo on shammy.

3. probably an Sk or shammy if i was playing totaly solo. if i was grouping i would stick with the zerker.

So what what was your first ever EQ class? Female, Woodelf, Ranger
What is your favorite EQ class now? Female,Woodelf, DRUID
If you were not able to box what class would you play? DRUID
I am an awesome Druid and to lazy to run from zone to zone lol Plus I can do some good DPS when not a healer. love my Druid!

I started with an enchanter, way back in 1999. Leveled to 20. Started a shadowknight. Leveled to 20. Started a magician, leveled to 20. Damn alt-itis was rough on me.

First ever EQ class? I started as a human Monk way back a week or so after the game opened. I got him to like level 10, but had to reroll because I wanted to play more than half of the time....you see, humans could NOT see in the dark...so I sat there during the night time, too scared to move! Switched to a DE Necro and he was my first character to 50.

Favorite EQ class now? Tough one, because I love a ton about a bunch of them. If I had to pick my favorite right now, it would be my SK because he is the cornerstone of my box group.

If you were not able to box what class would you play? Ewww, not sure I could go back to a single character...but, if I had to chose it would be a Bard without a doubt. They can do everything so well, are important in groups and raids, and are great pullers which is something I take pride in. I have multiple timers on my desk and keep track of spawn times because my group's life depends on it!

My first character was a Wood Elf Warrior. I enjoyed it and had NO idea what I was "really" supposed to be doing. I was new to EQ. But I switched to a Wood Elf Bard and honestly Bard will always be my favorite and I'll almost always included one in a box group (I say almost because if I set up a group that is the second group (characters 7-12, so to speak) then I might not have a second Bard). I honestly believe that playing a Bard (and playing it well IMO) taught me how to be a much better overall EQ player. I have so many fun stories about being a Bard main.

When PoP was the current expansion, everyone used to think that /duel was the best way to flex their epeen. I'd always say fine, you win, I concede, you're better than me. Usually that pissed people off even more, though. So when I was pushed too much I would say fine, we can have this go one of two ways. First, I will use my Ancient Mez (the one from VT that has -1000 to resist mod) on you and just hit it and go afk. You can alt-F4 when you get sick of being mezzed and I'll come back from afk later to find that I won by you running away. The other way is that we actually "fight" and I'll hand you an exp death. Back then, if DoT damage killed a player in a /duel, they lost exp, since the player didn't kill them, the DoT damage did. I said Selo's + best drum (at the time) + stacking DoTs = you will never touch me and my DoTs will eventually put you down and you'll have to suck up an exp death. Usually at that point they asked if my concession to them so that they "won" was still on the table. Sure, you win.

First character was a wizard, played that as my main for many years from kunark to PoP when I joined a raiding guild. Looking back, playing a WIZ made me lazy and I don't think I had a good understanding of the game. Would quad kite for exp, join groups and sit back letting others do the work and just throw a few nukes when the mob was in front of me. Wouldn't even be looking most of the time. Raids were much the same, put another caster on /follow, watch TV, nuke the target, collect loot.

My second account was a bard, rolled him primarily just to play mana song to reduce downtime on my WIZ while kiting. I remember really enjoying playing the bard and all the utility and variety of play style that they had. CLR followed next for rezzes when my kiting didn't go to plan.

After that the idea of playing a group slowly dawned on me. SK followed next, then an enc for clarity primarily as the bard had cc and slows. Later the last spot went to a NEC and I had evolved to a six man.

Later again when mercs were a thing I would roll a MAG, SHM and BST to run 3 groups with mercs.

What all this thought me was how boring WIZ was to play all those years!

I love playing all those characters - BARD my fave for grouping, for solo NEC or BST. Molo, probably SK. Probably all but the cleric, I feel too pressurised to perform in groups on the cleric and he is badly geared.

As others have said, in many ways I have gone from playing EQ to playing MQ2 but such is life, great that the game is still going strong 21 years later

E'ci - first character at release was a DE Warrior. Fell in one of the fountains and didn't know how to come up for air, died. Made it to level 20 or so mostly solo or duo with a rogue friend. So many bandages. Sister was playing a Necro, so I tried it out - loved it.

Kunark came out, by this time we were in a casual raid guild and I wanted to try something more group friendly - always preferred melee classes but wanted something that was mostly martial but still could solo somewhat - Iksar Monk! I mained this character for 10 years+, so many good times. Pulling in the Planes, groups in Velks, learning all the tricks and trades of being a great monk and pulling.

Beastlord comes along - hey you can have a pet, slow mobs, AND melee? Sign me up. This is what I finished my original EQ career on. Mostly raiding and groups with my druid wife.

All that said, if I could only pick one and do it all over - I would probably say Shaman. But the monk is my heart, so please let me two box a Shaman and Monk. :)

So My favorite class is a Shadow knight. However I started playing as a zerker. I still play my zerker primarily today. I just use my SK as a tank when we need him for raids.So Berzerker is my second favorite.

I have a few variations of this answer based on reality and what I imagine in my head while playing Everquest.

First Class: Magician
Favorite Class (In Reality): Warrior
Class I Would Play as a Solo Box: Necromancer

Playing EQ I love Warrior. Really I love any class without mana and (in theory) no down time ever. No mana? No problem. Just means no med breaks, no DPS slumps due to mana conservation, and no problems with weird mechanics like mana drain. Give me that Monk, Berserker, Rogue DPS party.

So my favorite class(es) in my head are Paladin and Rogue. I have this image of them in my imagination. A divine warrior, blessed by a deity they worship, able to call upon them for boons in battling what they perceive as evil or unjust. No matter the stature of the Paladin, behind their swing is a force of God. Armored up in leather, chain, and plate they are a vision of Justice and Goodness. Large shield, large sword, hammer, or flail. Just so cool.

1639320943911.png

Similarly Rogue is far more incredible in my imagination that usually in games. Talented, smart, and calculated. No matter the situation, they have it under control. Pick the lock, pick the pocket, silence the witness, silence the target. Rogues not necessarily having to be evil, but it is easier to use all those assassin type skills that way. A flowing cloak and lots of tricks. The big damaging sneak attacks. When I think of Rogue I like to think Artemis Entreri. Just so cool (too)

1639321185985.png

I began the game with a druid, and really enjoyed, but I got so much more fun with a magician. <3

I missed a lot to play my High elf magician... so I'm back in game :D

Warrior is my fav class. Nothing beats a female vah shir warrior. The are hot, strong butt kicking fur balls. Dwarf warriors are a close second. Mainly cause the females lack beards.

Warrior is my fav class. Nothing beats a female vah shir warrior. The are hot, strong butt kicking fur balls. Dwarf warriors are a close second. Mainly cause the females lack beards.
Dwarf had a special place for me. I never play them. Ever. I do enjoy people who okay them though because of their rad jump roll summersault.

I've tried Dwarf Rogue once, but didn't stick with it. On legit servers I usually go with Barbarian or Halfing Rogue for ***best*** Rogue, or Gnome everything to be different.

First toon was a Wood Elf Druid - thought how fitting it would be to be a forrest magic lover in tune with all the animals. I got him up to level 30 or so and made money off plat so started a new toon and went mage. Mage was, is, and will forever be my fav! Second fav would be beastlord followed by shaman.

So what what was your first ever EQ class?
What if your favorite EQ class now?
If you were not able to box what class would you play?

Mine are as follow:
1. Paladin
2. Enchanter
3. Mage

1. Enchanter
2. Enchanter
3. Enchanter

My brother twisted my arm to play EQ and he told me i'd like the Enchanter the most. I honestly just think he wanted Clarity and Haste for his toon, which was a Beastlord :) He was right though, I've played that toon since 2006 and I main my Enchanter while I box. It seems most boxers steer their box group with the tank, but I love finding ways to keep my Enchanter in charge

Discussion - What's Your favorite class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back