• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What's the most entertaining thing to do in EQ? (1 Viewer)

eqmzr06

RedCents
270¢
So, I keep taking breaks from EQ, and am generally having difficulty finding "fun" things to do.

In your opinion, what has been the most entertaining thing to do in EQ that has kept you coming back for more?

Trolling your friends, 100%
Nothing that'll set them back very much, but just goofing around is generally what we do to each other.

RPing in a public area just for funsies. One of my friends played Zapp Branigan and just went around making comments as him. Was a fun time.

EQ is about making your own fun, since the game doesn't include many in game event fun type stuff.

I've always enjoyed raiding and improving my characters.

If you have a rogue/bard I really enjoy gathering all the illusion masks. Although I almost always use the DE mask!

I've always enjoyed raiding and improving my characters.

If you have a rogue/bard I really enjoy gathering all the illusion masks. Although I almost always use the DE mask!
It is statistically proven that if you wear a Wood Elf or Dark Elf mask, your DPS will increase.

I only really play EQ for three things. Soloing with a strong class in a tough dungeon that was supposed to be for groups, playing a single character in a group of real people (in a fun dungeon crawl), and when I'm burned out doing both of those things, my 3rd favorite thing is running a MQ2 boxed army and doing raids by myself. Lately the boxed raid army is the only thing I do in EQ because it so much 'bigger' and as ^ Cannonball said, it can be fascinating to tinker with MQ2 and then watch it work its magic.

Depends on the person, for some , the most entertaining thing in EQ is the TS ( yeah i know some are sick), for other is to complete all achievments, for other it s to complete raids (even boxing them for the members of the community). We can't really say there is one specific thing that entertain us all, it's different for each person.
For me, i like to level and gear toons, i have a ton of them (in fact, just playing the game) and help my friends.

So the most entertaining thing to do in EQ is the one that makes you log in.

I used to enjoy the race to new max levels back in the day, then the race to max as. Not as viable now with swarming changes, but it was always fun.

Had a contest once with a well-known braggart(on many servers) to race fresh made toons in PLing. I won, and he didn't like it very much. Now that toon is part of my PL system(kept her around 80 and maxed her aas and raid gear for the level)

Sometimes the most fun is talking to other players and sharing ideas.

I get overwhelmed / frustrated if I look at all the objectives to 'maximize' the value of my crew. So, instead I set a few realistic tasks each month to accomplish. For December, 2020 my objective is to get my shaman 3KAA's and complete most of the non-hunter TOV progression tasks for my two new rotated alts.

As a person that started EQ in high school...now mid 30s with kids...you do what you can.

I quit years ago when Max lvl, max AA... now when I came back I started doing stuff in the achievement. Tradeskill quests, and progression. Thats what gets me going.

I used to play back in the day. Haven't played since around the time Seeds of Destruction came out. I think my /played is around 18 years. I always loved maxxing out all my skills. One thing I've always found frustrating about other MMO's is the fact that you have to chose between what tradeskills/abilities you want to max out. I want to be the master of everything. Have all the keys, mounts, tradeskills, spells, recipes, etc.

I used to play back in the day. Haven't played since around the time Seeds of Destruction came out. I think my /played is around 18 years. I always loved maxxing out all my skills. One thing I've always found frustrating about other MMO's is the fact that you have to chose between what tradeskills/abilities you want to max out. I want to be the master of everything. Have all the keys, mounts, tradeskills, spells, recipes, etc.

Yes, but were you every crazy enough to max hand to hand on a cleric? :P

No, cause I almost exclusively played a Mage. That said, I remember sitting in the Meldrath raid instance after the raid was over, spam begging the left over Support Units we hadn't killed to max my begging on my Mage. Great times.

I had alot of fun doing the hunter achievements, like the House of Thule ones were fun for me. Free WR bags and I think that one gave you a cool illusion clicky at the end. Really depends on the person but playing with friends was always the most fun part for me

Also enjoy housing. Building things out of very odd other things, like murals from weapons, skeletal dragons from fence posts, the 7 or 8 wonders of the world(not always odd items, like stone columns and sand are pretty expected for some of those) 1 on each plot surrounding the Terminus lake or something. It's not like Minecraft where you have blocks, unlimited numbers of many colors of blocks. You have to find the colors shapes sizes and textures to build within a set item cap...like an artistic puzzle.

Theorycrafting and then acting upon those theories is my favorite thing to do in EQ. Taking a class that does subpar DPS when played by 99.99% of the playerbase but then taking them above and beyond that number, because you decided to switch things up instead of being stuck in the past, is just a feeling that you can't describe.

Then with the implementation of MQ2, there's literally so many possibilities that I'm not even sure where to begin. First, the scale of being able to run macros. If you can write a macro to do it once, why not do it 100 times? At once? Every 6 hours? It's still working? Double it, bring in more toons. Not to mention that if I can get a macro to produce even 80% of what I could do playing manually, then I will feel a victory.

I like when people try to do crap things like jump past you to get to a camp spot first and train themselves in the process. Watching them die is fun. Watching people die from any stupidity is fun.

I always enjoyed good old grinding, something new mmorpg games have lost in favour of the questing leveling.
yeah grinding can be cool - keepin a camp locked is a good feeling
named farming *used* to be awesome - they're kinda messin up a bit with itemization in current xpacs imo - makes farming named less desirable.

I used to LOVE trying to farm a good clicky - one of the coolest things about EQ is the clickies!

why CoV didn't get a cool clicky or aug or something that gives you a mini "avatar" style/themed buff since we have a ST and such i don't get :(

give me new stuff to click!

For me it is the solitude of grabbing a camp with nobody else in zone and grabbing my /cough beverage and maxing aa and eventually gear. If I have aa to do can stay at one camp for weeks. I move only so people don't think I am afk. If I max a toon I just heroic another and go. For me it is about the grind. I hate missions and questing. Am older now and did the raiding and wanting to be top geared and grouped with everyone I could in and out of guild ...now I practice social distancing ...I like other players...as long as they leave me alone and play on the other side of the beach.

Discussion - What's the most entertaining thing to do in EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back