• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

What's happening to redguides? (1 Viewer)

I hang around here but being a regular at 6 or 7 other forums doesn't leave me with much time to fake a social life. :)

Personally speaking (this is just my opinion!!!!) ....I was originally a member around 2 years ago for everquest...and it was the best thing I ever did. People were practically tripping over themselves to help me out....after 24 hours of being on these boards for EQ I had multiple working Macros...a system to teleport me anywhere...could run at any speed...etc... (again, all withtin 24 hours).

After awhile I noticed people started to keep those things to themselves...basically of the theory, "if you can't add guality things to these boards, you don't deserve the quality cheats" ....so basically the monthly fee was not good enough anymore to get good quality cheats.

I had to go to another website and pay a good amound of money for the quality hacks, so I quit redguides ....and kept with EQ another year.

I recently came back because I was checking out 2 games, D&D online and WoW ....I don't think there is a forum for D&D online here, but I know there is one for WoW.

I am hoping that WoW help won't be like it was for EQ (hell, don't even know if I will still go with WoW) in the past....otherwise I will just do what I did before...pay about $20/month and get the quality because....I am not very technical and will never "write" a program to help myself or others cheat....so the money I pay will have to be good enough...

anyways...that is just a thought.....and things might of changed, that was a long time ago.

joined up 2 days ago, before that...guessing it had been a year? ....yeah...I am weird, will actually go back and read, read, and then read some more. if its interesting I will reply to it....

do you find that odd? ....I sorta wish more people would take the time to read past things ...but then again...I am sure there is fault to be found with that.

Glad he bumped it actually, I had also been gone for a few months due to work reasons.... you know, that little bit of shit happening in Afghanistan/Iraq? Well, anyhow, just read this thread and glad it was bumped. It makes some interesting reading on the feelings of people here at the RG community.

Thank you Mikiky, and I am not talking about you agreeing with me about bumping "old" threads.

Give it some time...were probably not far off from there being "rules" about not being able to bump old threads...it will go with the rules about "what we can talk about" , and "no cheats allowed".

I must be doing pretty well, if the only complaint about what I have wrote is "your bumping an old thread", lol.

Again Mikiky...thank you very very much.

I may not post everyday or at all for that matter but i am here everyday!!!
i love this site I hope it never changes

gardenia said:
Thank you Mikiky, and I am not talking about you agreeing with me about bumping "old" threads.

Give it some time...were probably not far off from there being "rules" about not being able to bump old threads...it will go with the rules about "what we can talk about" , and "no cheats allowed".

I must be doing pretty well, if the only complaint about what I have wrote is "your bumping an old thread", lol.

Again Mikiky...thank you very very much.

Gardenia,

I am not sure what you are referring to exactly about not being able to talk about certain cheats or hacks. I can tell you that your sarcasm won't hold much weight around here. If you have a complaint about the community then feel free to send me a private message.

Mikiky said:
Glad he bumped it actually, I had also been gone for a few months due to work reasons.... you know, that little bit of shit happening in Afghanistan/Iraq? Well, anyhow, just read this thread and glad it was bumped. It makes some interesting reading on the feelings of people here at the RG community.
Just don't go missing too long without letting us know! :)

im not much of a macro writer but i have contributed when i could and i have noticed the lack of new content too. i remember when there was stuff updated all the time and macros being writen and commented on daily like macroquest's forums. either its lack of interest in EQ or the "good stuff" is being shared by a select few. I really apreciate the builds of macroquest and the macros that do get posted.

More of a lack of interest on the most part, secondly the macros I do write are written specifically for my 5 boxes (sometimes 6) that I play as they interact with each other quite a bit. So its really hard for me to edit thing out and post them since they don't work at all without that interaction.

What's happening to redguides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back