• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What would you do? (1 Viewer)

Nihkasilma

RedCents
2,151¢
Morning Redguides,

A question, including some background data - for what would you do:

I currently run a SK, Rog, Zerk, Bard, BL, Shaman all max aa. The rogue got maxxed first and as such I swapped him out for a magician I had at the time. I am now so impressed with the magician 'consistency' DPS and am happy to accept the reduction on the burn dps.

I'm considering when the new heroic toons come out getting another magician to play with in the group, but (I think) here is where the question comes in;

By doing another magician, would I be better also heroicing an enchanter as well? I understand that the enchanters are to casters what the bards are to melee; or, should I just keep the already maxxed Bard?

Opinions or lived experiences appreciated!

Morning Redguides,

I currently run a SK, Rog, Zerk, Bard, BL, Shaman all max aa. The rogue got maxxed first and as such I swapped him out for a magician I had at the time. I am now so impressed with the magician 'consistency' DPS and am happy to accept the reduction on the burn dps.

I'm considering when the new heroic toons come out getting another magician to play with in the group, but (I think) here is where the question comes in;

By doing another magician, would I be better also heroicing an enchanter as well? I understand that the enchanters are to casters what the bards are to melee; or, should I just keep the already maxxed Bard?

If you are running 2 mages, 8 out of 10 will probably say run an enchanter. For what it is worth, my main team is very similar to what you are describing. I run SK, Enc, Clr, Mage x 2, Bst.

Be well. Happy planning.

i run 2 groups
melee sk, brd, 2xRog, bst then cleric or shm

the other group is 4 mages enc and clr or shm

the bard can work in either group -- i find the enc is just easier to run with casters

with a hybrid group its just a matter of choice and the time you want to put in on another toon

Currently, sk shm brd pal zerk BL (dru mag logistics team) ; considering, pal shm brd zerk bl mag (dru logistics team) // pal shm brd zerk bl rog (dru mag logistics team) // sk clr brd zerk bl mag (dru logistics team) // sk clr brd zerk bl rog (dru mag logistics team)... just some food for thought!

I am a huge fan of not overlapping buffs, but having every buff; melee mobility; and synergies that apply to the majority...

At the end of the day though, variety keeps EQ fun... try out your curiosities, have fun doing so! :)

Just my two [red] cents.

I really like the bard in caster groups. Your mileage may very. Keep in mind bards are pretty amazing and have a lot of "mini" chanter abilities that are actually just as good as enchanter abilities.

I think enc works better with clr healer, and especially better with an undergeared group due to needing more CC as well as more healing.

Shm+enc has a lot of overlap with slow/haste/pet, and shm+bard synergy seems to work best in a well geared group. Mez only for 3+ mobs, less healing required etc

I run both combos, and for challenging content, enc+clr simplify things and my crew is pretty much immortal. But for easy mode grinding shm+bard can't be beat for the huge DPS addition.

For new content first attempt I'll use clr+enc every time. For farm mode stuff, shm+brd is more efficient.

I think the consensus around here is the enchanter for caster groups, but that is superseded by play what you like. I like that group and I think having the enchanter with more lock down abilities helps in squishy situations. That being said, bards have plenty of abilities that are synergistic with mages including damage to DDs and buffs for the pets. I mained a bard for a long time, can't live without em for a main group in my case!!!

Morning Redguides,

dumber question - when are new heroic toons coming and how do we qualify? I missed the memo I guess

Do we need a certain expansion to be qualified? Or just subbed w/ that account?
should be neither.

obviously, you can't get a lvl 100 heroic on a server that doesn't have lvl 100 characters - as far as TLP goes im sure there will be a limit.

but as far as "you need to buy TOL and be lifetime subbed member" or something, nah i don't think so.

they haven't announced anything ive seen tho

edit: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/lvl-100-heroics-announcement.83433/

Last edited:
One of the perks of going Heroic on a F2P character is that you get all those AA up to level 85 even over the 250 AA limit.

So if that continues to the Level 100 Heroics and you get that weird "F2P auto grant Heroics" you would get AA up to level 100!

My main team: SK, shm, brd, mag, mag, mag(or nec depend on content). I have a max chanter and a max BST on the bards account.
With 3 Wizz instead of mage, I would go for enchanter. But atm the chanter is logged in mostly for buffing. Since the last 3 exp I haven't met content, that would need the enhanced cc of the enchanter. My feeling is: regarding the overall adps for my team the bard is ahead of the enchanter.

Since I was melee heavy when I started I've always run bard. Now I can't do without the Selos + Double Invis combo for travelling around. Every expansion has live and undead running around next to each other and the bard just makes zone hopping trivial.

That said, I leveled a chanter for the buffs. ;)

Thank you all very much for your input!

Decided to just keep bard at the moment and add new mage - thought that If I'm happy with the mage on its own (using bard currently) adding another will be fine. will just level an enc up slowly to experiment when the time comes.

Discussion - What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back