• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What macro would be best for bard? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
41¢
I am currently running a six-man team of War, Cleric, Sham, Beast, 2 zerks. I was considering swapping out the beast for a bard. I like to run two healers with my war to avoid any healing issues, I would rather a fight take a little longer than have to recover from a wipe, so I was thinking the beast would be the one to take out. Would a bard be the better option or taking a different toon out?

If a bard would be better for my group which macro works best to run it?

Thanks!

KISS bard has worked well for me the past 2 years. Before that, i used Xgen. While leveling on a bard, ill run rgmercs, cause im lazy, and doesnt require me to edit ini's.

You didnt say what level, or era your in. if modern content (101+), id drop the cleric for some CC (bard works), and keepnthe bst adps/burn power.

I cannot believe no one mentioned the odd choice of taking out the BST in favor of a Bard, except @durango773. I do feel you are moving in the right direction by choosing the Holy Trinity - Tank, Healer, CC. However, you are running essentially 2 healers in your group which is unnecessary. I did the same when I came back the first time, and the times I died, if I had the DPS, I wouldn't have died. My thoughts:

WAR/CLR/BRD/BST/ZER/ZER or ROG. Preferably the last one IMHO.

As far as utility goes? I prefer RGMercs for leveling, KA once I am over 100. RGMercs has almost everything built in and is much easier than changing .ini files every 5 levels. My 2 cents.

Putting in a bard is good. You'll eventually want some CC. You will outperform 99% of pickup group with your current lineup. Putting in CC just makes you better.

Clerics are fine healers. Shamans are fine healers. Running two healers if fine. Running multiple tanks is fine. It really doesn't matter. Everyone has an opinion, but basically any class combination works once you have tank/healer/cc.

You do you.

I am currently running a six-man team of War, Cleric, Sham, Beast, 2 zerks. I was considering swapping out the beast for a bard. I like to run two healers with my war to avoid any healing issues, I would rather a fight take a little longer than have to recover from a wipe, so I was thinking the beast would be the one to take out. Would a bard be the better option or taking a different toon out?

If a bard would be better for my group which macro works best to run it?

Thanks!

I have been using KA with Sics INI since forever and have had great success with it.

Question - What macro would be best for bard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back