• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What is your ISP Speed? (1 Viewer)

1696774079039.png

This is the shit internet we get in Australia.

For you guys that have over a 1GB connection do you even realise how much of that is wasted bandwidth? Its like you build 10 lane highway just to drive your matchbox cars to the corner store!

And yes - I am jealous.

1696800932441.png
System autoruns a speedtest every day. Since my internet is sorted figure I can share the isp speeds.
I have a 10gbe network until I go to individual devices, which varies between 1gbe and 2.5gbe. I do plan to get a 10gbe card for my computer, but honestly I don't have a valid reason to want to do it other than "Because"

So this is my local network speedtest. Which only helps to transfer items between me and another computer or my NAS.
1696801170536.png

View attachment 51448
System autoruns a speedtest every day. Since my internet is sorted figure I can share the isp speeds.
I have a 10gbe network until I go to individual devices, which varies between 1gbe and 2.5gbe. I do plan to get a 10gbe card for my computer, but honestly I don't have a valid reason to want to do it other than "Because"

So this is my local network speedtest. Which only helps to transfer items between me and another computer or my NAS.
View attachment 51449
tell em they can take back some of the download if they give you some more upload

This is my new location - we're out in the middle of nowhere, so i'm pretty happy.
1696801692474.png

if you're living with super bad internet, it is worth checking regularly and see if someone does offer faster internet now - you might be surpsied.

CWTN, I spy Ubiquiti network equipment. I'm using the same.

My community switched over to a fiber company as part of our HOA provided service. I'm getting about 300Mbps down and 250Mbps up covered without additional fees. With that connection I run 6 accounts most days (sometimes 12) from one computer, myself and my spouse also work from home and are on VPN to company networks on separate laptops all day as well as spending most of the day on zoom calls. No issues at all and plenty of bandwidth left to stream videos from some service or youtube if needed.

I haven't yet found a need to bump up the speeds to above the "free" option that is currently included with HOA.

CWTN, I spy Ubiquiti network equipment. I'm using the same.

My community switched over to a fiber company as part of our HOA provided service. I'm getting about 300Mbps down and 250Mbps up covered without additional fees. With that connection I run 6 accounts most days (sometimes 12) from one computer, myself and my spouse also work from home and are on VPN to company networks on separate laptops all day as well as spending most of the day on zoom calls. No issues at all and plenty of bandwidth left to stream videos from some service or youtube if needed.

I haven't yet found a need to bump up the speeds to above the "free" option that is currently included with HOA.
Yeah, unifi dream machine pro, 24 port poe switch, Flex XG are all 10g connections between each other. It's more a hobby than a need.

For me only spectrum cable is available where I am. For me to get higher uploads I needed an upgraded dataplan. Hence my excessive download. They like to only mention their download rates and completely ignore upload rates when advertising lol. Their 1 gig plan only offers 35mb upload.

I have 1 gig but I think a smart refrigerator uses more internet than eq so even that's probably overkill lol used to play using cell towers over the road.

Yeah, unifi dream machine pro, 24 port poe switch, Flex XG are all 10g connections between each other. It's more a hobby than a need.

For me only spectrum cable is available where I am. For me to get higher uploads I needed an upgraded dataplan. Hence my excessive download. They like to only mention their download rates and completely ignore upload rates when advertising lol. Their 1 gig plan only offers 35mb upload.

I have the same udm pro. No problems for 3 years but dealing with a possible bad wan port at the moment so I just moved over to the spf+ port. Currently have an open ticket with support to see if anything can be done but doubt there will be anything possible.

Prior to getting the fiber in the neighborhood I was running on Xfinity's 105Mbps down 10Mbps up with all the same activity. It still worked fine for my needs.

Most of the problems I've ever had were related to home wifi equipment which is what lead me to unifi hardware.

Discussion - What is your ISP Speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back