• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - What is your biggest fear while playing EQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,291¢
Earthquake? Missing Baby? I so got you beat because mine is destined to come true. My Biggest Fear is the following nightmare scenario. First you should know that I am crazy country boy strength/ But not the cool kind like a Super Hero I have the I'm going to fall through this fucking fall head first and only damage the wall clumsy kind of strength. I doze off sometimes when playing EQ and I catch myself falling forward. But I wake myself up always in time. In time before what? Before I slam my head through the keyboard and break the computer desk with my head in my sleep. I know this will happen as sure as you're born. But I keep playing so it's only a matter of time before you get the video..

I was playing EQ while taking support calls for comcast with the door open during a thunderstorm and while live on the phone with a customer lightning struck a tree in my neighbors yard and his car and jumped to my pool and then to me. I literally got struck by lightning while playing EQ lol Yeah so now. Thunderstorms come and I cringe.

And I tend to fall sideways instead of forwards and have hit the floor only twice lol

Last edited:
I was playing EQ while taking support calls for comcast with the door open during a thunderstorm and while live on the phone with a customer lightning struck a tree in my neighbors yard and his car and jumped to my pool and then to me. I literally got struck by lightning while playing EQ lol Yeah so now. Thunderstorms come and I cringe.

And I tend to fall sideways instead of forwards and have hit the floor only twice lol
That's insane and for more valid than me "Waiting" like Charlie Brown to crack my desk open with my head.

cries of passion and ecstasy coming from upstairs bedroom.:shrug:
OMFG this is great. Needed a laugh to start the morning, thank you.

One fear is going through a partisan quest and having it bug out at the end (thanks DPG) and having to start all over again. Cuz that's never happened!

worst is camping something for hours and finally the item drops. But then then Power goes off before you can loot. Don't think gets any worse than that !!

I was the first of my friends to get a real internet capable PC and I was 26. That is half my life before I got a computer. And cellphone? My first was in 2005 I was 35 before my first cellphone. I'm 53 tomorrow. We all didn't have this.kind of technology our entire lives. And now since I had a stroke. That would be a real stroke not the kind on the internet everyone has been. I have non malignant brain tumors too everyone online has those. Why would you want these things? Speaking as for the afflicted minority I can say you don't want these things. Sorry I digress my point was technology is not as friendly to all of us. I don't know where I'm going with that. Stroke brain!

like everything else in life.... my wife... you never know when the volcano will go off. anything else is just a minor inconvenience.

have the very best of days

ZD

When I fall asleep playing EQ, I end up leaning back and fall into the wall behind me. It wakes me up and hurts so bad I go immediately to bed.

In the early days EQ was my first foray into the MORPG. It was quite engaging where I would play in the morning before going to work. I'd stay up too late as you had to recover your corpse from the raid before going to bed. On new releases I would call in sick to work to get an early start on the new content. It was easy to spend eight hours day on weekdays and 18 hours a day on the weekends or holidays. If this wasn't indication enough that you were damaging your real physical appearance, you knew something was wrong (SCARY) when you would dream in the EQ world.

The way I see it, EQ is just as tangible as any other "real life" experience. We make friends, share experiences, and have a bond only other EQ players understand. Of all the hobbies and habits that a person could get into mischief with, I will take spending my ~$.50 per day to play a game I enjoy without apology. I am home, my wife knows where I am. She also plays, I know where she is. One day EQ will sunset but I will never regret total playtime because it is a blast : ) That being said I am in my late 40s now with health issues and I fear a "shart" incident while in game but that is a risk I will take :dance:💩

i was in a raid playin eq when a light knock on the door happened . I take a bong hit and blam the door breaks open an swat storms in ,,,, its a raid ... i got raided for selling weed to somone that said i sold them weed,,, so i was at gun point for sellin weed to someone i didnt even know , and best part was they left empty handed all i had was a bong and a few grams , i ended up with a city ordance ticket.... but scare the hell outa me oh yaa

Discussion - What is your biggest fear while playing EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back