• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Games - What is it with Diablo? (1 Viewer)

RedBema

A Bema that is Red
RedCents
121¢
Without trying to sound noobish...

What is it with Diablo that causes everyone to make fun of it? I feel like there is some kind of inside joke that everyone is in on except me.

Ever since I have seen the news about it, everyone is linking videos that make fun of it, and reviews that take it even further.

Just curious...

dunno, i used to play diablo 1 and 2 while doing horrible amounts of drugs my friends and associates.

we'd "punch" people to death with no weapons on, all while having horrendous phrases preloaded in chat, ready to go as soon as they died. it was intersesting trying to kill them without dying, since we couldn't use pots or anything since the chat pane was still 'live'. we'd hit enter, type up like "BITCH I JUST FUCKED YOU IN THE EAR WITH YOUR OWN LEFT FOOT DAMN SON" and just run around waiting to kill someone, then hit enter again so it would be ready to go eofre they quit the game.

dunno. good times, really.

It may be that Blizzard has done so much to "mainstream" PC gaming? I'm not 100% sure, but I do remember that while I had absurd amounts of fun playing Diablo that the game was "easy." So easy, in fact, that my girlfriend loved playing it! I wonder if it's latent or repressed feelings that a "boys' club" has been violated? :)

Btw of course this naturally extends to WoW (and all the vilification that it receives from MMO "elitists.")

call me crazy, but an instant cast spell that reduces the mob's HP by 1/4 (static charge?) seems more geared towards slaying 8000 baddies than intense precision playskills.

diablo was fun, and not very tough. those are good things, and go well together, like peanut butter and jelly.

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK RIGHT CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

/me tosses another poor mouse into the trash can from overused clicker.

Diablo 2 killed my CD-ROM Drive once after playing it 18 hours a day for 2 weeks straight (yay unemployment). That was exciting.

I had fun on my necromancer blowing up cows with corpse explosion. I think I spent more time doing that than playing the rest of the game. Now what does that tell ya?

I still love seeing people that complained and moaned about Diablo back in the day all get excited about it now.

It's like a trance with Blizzard fan bois.

"Oh boy, Diablo (N), I sure hope it's as good as Diablo (N-1)!!!!!!111!!!!!"

I thought RAMPANT cheating in the game pretty much reduced populations to almost nil.

You were basically playing with just a handful of people at a time anyway so really unless you played with a ton of cheaters it was still amusing.

Javazon > all for cows thx.

I only played the Diablo 1 Multiplayer demo, and I must say from watching the Diablo 3(4?) gameplay videos that they have ruined my favorite video game franchise!!

Games - What is it with Diablo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back