• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - What if the winner was an Everquester? (1 Viewer)

I would imagine if its a lame purist, EQ would be a horrible place to play Live and the new Billionaire would soon find they made a bad choice. However, if its a RG Everquester.. the opposite will become true ! and @Redbot will become a wealthy little gnome contraption that he is for his little bot, as the Billionaire gamer will buy Redguides and incorporate all the concepts into EQ. Oh, to dream!

I mean...I'd probably use up a 3rd and buy up all lottery tickets for the next one...the odds are usually 300 mil to one...seems like a good way to keep growing my stash...

Korean Drama Omg GIF by The Swoon

Probably buy Everquest and rename it "MagnusQuest" (but with my main char name), serioussly i think to this the first time the loterry price was undred of Millions of $.

Funny to think about but I'm not positive you'd have anything left if you bought EQ. First, you'd need to select the cash option rather than the annuity since "I'll pay you over the course of my lifetime" usually doesn't work well for purchasing companies. So you take the cash option, which is ~$600 million. Federal tax implications mean you'd have roughly $370-$380 mil left. Then your state tax implications bring you down further and you're actually nearing the last purchase price of DPG (though much of it was not cash). It's unlikely they'd split their most profitable owned IP off from the rest of the company, so you'd have to buy the whole thing I suspect and chop it up yourself.

But, you probably also don't need to buy EQ. The cost of developing WoW was around $65 million initially (about $150 million today, given changes in the tech sector and inflation if you were directly comparing, but probably cheaper given the tools available now). So for about half the cost of buying EQ you could just develop whatever game you wanted (an EQ clone even, if you'd like -- as long as you don't use their copyrighted material).

Knightly Invests says -- Don't Buy.

Funny to think about but I'm not positive you'd have anything left if you bought EQ. First, you'd need to select the cash option rather than the annuity since "I'll pay you over the course of my lifetime" usually doesn't work well for purchasing companies. So you take the cash option, which is ~$600 million. Federal tax implications mean you'd have roughly $370-$380 mil left. Then your state tax implications bring you down further and you're actually nearing the last purchase price of DPG (though much of it was not cash). It's unlikely they'd split their most profitable owned IP off from the rest of the company, so you'd have to buy the whole thing I suspect and chop it up yourself.

But, you probably also don't need to buy EQ. The cost of developing WoW was around $65 million initially (about $150 million today, given changes in the tech sector and inflation if you were directly comparing, but probably cheaper given the tools available now). So for about half the cost of buying EQ you could just develop whatever game you wanted (an EQ clone even, if you'd like -- as long as you don't use their copyrighted material).

I mean ... let's be real if I got $380 mil net...I wouldn't be playing a lot of EQ anymore.

scrooge mcduck GIF
lamborghini GIF

I'd probably buy a substantial majority in Tesla and the boring company just to troll Musk

Elon Musk Mic Drop GIF by FullMag

You are definitely on to something there.

I mean ... let's be real if I got $380 mil net...I wouldn't be playing a lot of EQ anymore.

scrooge mcduck GIF
lamborghini GIF

I'd probably buy a substantial majority in Tesla and the boring company just to troll Musk

Elon Musk Mic Drop GIF by FullMag
I think I would corner the Krono market. Buy everyone out.

Funny - What if the winner was an Everquester?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back