• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What files are the most important to save (1 Viewer)

RedCents
224¢
I have all kinds of commands set up for my character and if my computer went belly up and died, or was stolen, burned in a fire...etc What files would be the most important to save so I could reload everything and start right up on a clean system with no changes to my character screen, buttons, commands and such?

Your MacroQuest directory. Specifically config/macros/Lua and possibly resources, but I do the whole thing because it’s not that much more once you have those.

In your everquest directory, the userdata folder has all of your loot filters. Then there is:
eqclient.ini
charname_server.ini
UI_charname_server.ini

Facts! I use a backup drive attached via USB and backup the entire EQ directory and the VV directory every couple of days or when I make changes.
^^^^ This. I have it auto set for 1 week backups, but if I make a major change for UI, or hotkeys in Buttonmaster, I force a backup.

Question - What files are the most important to save

Users who are viewing this thread

Back