• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - What does a bot do? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,326¢
What does a bot do after a 1 night stand? Nuts and bolts.

Brand new here, a friend is a power user and got me curios. Been lurking the .ini files to relearn how to play heroic characters, what spells to cast/when etc. Would like to take to take vanilla for spin.

What does a bot do after a 1 night stand? Nuts and bolts.

Brand new here, a friend is a power user and got me curios. Been lurking the .ini files to relearn how to play heroic characters, what spells to cast/when etc. Would like to take to take vanilla for spin.
welcome to redguides!

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

If you're playing a heroic character try upgrading your armor as soon as you can. I find that the stuff your level such as in House of Thule can really tear you a new one fast in heroic gear especially if you're not familiar with the class you're playing. I felt so frustrated coming back to EQ and trying out a heroic char, it felt like I was beating my head against a wall, then I slowly started to find upgrades and camp those drops/do some quests and things got much easier.

If you're playing a heroic character try upgrading your armor as soon as you can. I find that the stuff your level such as in House of Thule can really tear you a new one fast in heroic gear especially if you're not familiar with the class you're playing. I felt so frustrated coming back to EQ and trying out a heroic char, it felt like I was beating my head against a wall, then I slowly started to find upgrades and camp those drops/do some quests and things got much easier.
Great advice, and for anyone finding this threat in the future, EQ armor drops are often now generic parts that the player combines into a class specific no-drop piece of armor, so you can often find every piece of "visible" armor in the bazaar cheap. You will have to look up the name of the generic component. Example: Search for "Faded Snowbound" for level 110 armor.

Last edited:
Toast - What does a bot do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back