• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What are your favourite macros? (1 Viewer)

Mishka

RedCents
701¢
Heyas all! I am relatively new to this site and was wondering what are your favourite macros? Are there some hidden gems you recommend newcomers to try out?

I've tested a skillup macro for spells, lockpick macro, overseer, RGMercs, bazaar and I see there are mac's for fishing and what not! This is splendid!

What are your favourite macros?

The only macro I use every day is entropy. Outside of that of course the combat macros, kissassist and muleassist.

Then I tend to just search for what I’m doing. Like, I don’t like to do the tutorial anymore but I like having done it so I’ll run that macro on a new character.

Or when I need a flag or something I’ll look for a macro to do it.

Usually utility stuff.

I am kind of between Sifter and Knightly. I run the standard combat assist ones and then overseers, lootly, boxhud and Lua button one (last 3 are Next only). When I need to do something special, I will just come here and search *i want to do X*.

Heyas all! I am relatively new to this site and was wondering what are your favourite macros? Are there some hidden gems you recommend newcomers to try out?

I've tested a skillup macro for spells, lockpick macro, overseer, RGMercs, bazaar and I see there are mac's for fishing and what not! This is splendid!

What are your favourite macros?
So many great ones

I believe RG's does a macro/plugin of the year user ranked contest. looking at that will also show some of the popular/useful ones.

I think the 2021 contest should start in about a month?

Combat:
KissAssist for most combat situations
A custom macro (I did not originally create) our group has for raid content (still working on refining some of the classes, but the bard smashes our KA profiles and zerk smashes the CWTN plugin when doing multiboxing raids)

Downtime:
overseer.mac - I have it auto-run anytime my characters hit the guild lobby or guild halls, hands down one of my favorite macros
I use sellstuff, itemsort, parcel (for collects), and bazaar a lot between grinding/camping/hunting sessions.
explore for a few of the expansions that it handles well, including LDoN (which that alone justifies the purchase)
fragmentfarm for grinding the alaran tear

Tradeskills:
tsc for grinding to 54 TS + getting beginner trophy
combine for when the lag in PoK is unbearable (hasn't been a problem recently)
ts_scribe or whatever it's named now
tradesman for grinding AP, making individual items (such as needing an armor container), or force-learning a recipe that is 400+ skill points higher

Collectibles:
groundgrab (i haven't played with the plugins yet!)
collections, reward, shiny for grabbing out of houses and overseer frags

Some of my favorite plugins that you may not be familiar with:
relocate (primarily used with pok, anchor, gate, fellow, lobby, air) - sometimes I want to make a wiz/dru just to randomly TL people
autoaccept
autogroup

favorite macro is to tell my shaman to stop and cure me or stop and hit me with fast heals, also have call command to tell my chanter to stop and rune me. Most of my stuff it to try and keep tank alive. Am gimp.

Last edited:
Although I've been registered (paying annually) since 2019, I've only really recently started trying to make use of RedGuides. I'm still trudging along with trying to get time to play, but I've subscribed to the following:

CWTN Plugins:
MQ2Eskay
MQ2Shaman
MQ2Enchanter
MQ2Mage

I've also paid for these:
Tradeskill Recipes - Still working on this one, ha ha
MQ2Grind - Only ran it three times, I need to get back at it.

My Free Ones:
MQ2Autoaccept
MQ2Autogroup
MQ2PortalSetter
MQ2Say
MQ2SpawnMaster
MQ2AutoForage
Overseer Automation - Hands down one of my favorites!
LDON - This was awesome for getting a few of my toons done!
PocketFarm - AWESOME! Use the radius to camp specific Nameds or just to clear entire zone areas!

Like I said, I'm still working my way towards the actual concept of boxing, but this is what I use regularly.

Thank you all for so many suggestions, this opened up a whole new gaming experience for me. P

Setting up the Driver and compiling .ini files are like decorating the xmas tree. P

Discussion - What are your favourite macros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back