• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - We’re March-ing right along! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,465¢
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re March-ing right along!​

We’re a fourth of the way into the Year of Darkpaw now!!​

Mar 01, 2024​

1709281111453.png
We’ve sprung into March and are not even close to being done yet! We’ve got another action-packed month coming to you, so buckle in!
We’ve got something everyone will love for sure as this month’s giveaway item! A Grikaw Mask is the free item of the month! Make sure you log in and grab it on all your characters before it’s gone on April 1st!
We also have a new limited-edition item for sale in the Marketplace. This month’s item is a Storied Rucksack (46 slots)! It will be gone on April 1st, so be sure to grab it ASAP! Fret not; the Orc Warrior metamorph wand and Northern Desert of Ro Teleport Item are both available for purchase in case you missed them.
February’s collection may be gone, but a new one has arrived! The Greater Faydark – Fae Drake Wings collection will only be spawning in March. Be sure to get it done before then.
Later this month, the Ask Me Anything answers will be posted up! The game team is working to get as many of your questions answered before our deadline of March 13th!
Lastly, the Anniversary Tower quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items will all be updated later this month on patch day, keep your eyes peeled for the coming article.
See you in game!

The more I read / hear about this Year of the Darkpaw, the less it feels like a celebration of Everquest.

It's beginning to feel like just another opportunity to grab as much money from the players as they can and we're only a fourth of the way through (is that the same as a quarter?)

1. There should be a bag like this for free for all players who are still around in 2024.
  2. There should be free rewards for accounts that are 20+ years old.
  3. The free item rewards in the cash shop should remain free.
We shouldn't have to celebrate OUR COMMUNITY keeping this game going for 20+ years by having to shell out more money to our corporate overlords.

Personally, this year hasn't felt any different than any other year to me. I guess I just expected too much. I just thought they could do more..

1. Have Bristlebane wander the zones and hand out sweet with random effects - +20% experience , drunk for 20 mins or a stink effect that causes your mercs to suspend for 2 minutes etc.
  2. Have Cazic Thule death touch a random player every hour. (just a 5 second stun that causes no buffs or exp to be lost.)
  3. Have Tunare drop by the lag pile and hand out some fantastic buffs.
  4. Have AFK mercs burst into dance at random intervals.
  5. Decorate some of the zones with banners etc.
  6. Rename some of the NPCs to tie in with legendary players / developers.
  7. Change some of the more regular NPC text to tie-in with the event: Clayton Teek tells you, "I can't believe I've been doing this for 20 years. Surely it's time for me to retire!"
  8. Have zone-wide events around the different origin cities - orcs attacking Kelethin, undead attacking Freeport.
  9. Have a GM take over some raid bosses to put it up the raiders
  10. Have a race week where a single race gets a worthwhile buff (this week it would be DE, next week it will be Dorfs!). Cycle it round for the entire year.
  11. Change the ZEM zones based on an event - if the event is successful, that zone has a 15% exp bonus until the next ZEM zone changes.
Just have some randomness / fun with the players and let them feel this year is something different.

NOTE: Obviously these ideas have literally popped right out of my head as I typed this, so no need to critique them. However, DBG have known this was coming and should have done better.

I thought it was the free reward this month and was like "hot damn!" and now I am super disappointed. The mask is so worthless to me I'm not even gonna claim it for free lol
I have some stupid hope that it will be like that old FrostFell quest, Twelve Days of Frostfell that you had to claim the freebie item every day for twelve days, and at the end if you had all twelve, you got a special reward, which was Contract of the Aviak. If you had missed any, you could just buy the missing item from Marketplace for 2 dollars or something and that still exists I believe today. Will this be similar that at the end of the twelve months of 2024, there will be an special reward for Year of DarkPaw? They have not said anything. So its doubtful.

@Kingkiller71 Those are awesome!!! How I wish some or all of those could be! If any DP staff reads this, and I know you're around you sneaky sneaks, look at his post and implement some.

News - We’re March-ing right along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back