• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Welcome to the Anniversary Tower! (1 Viewer)

The best HP type 9 is probably this:
1705678442767.png

Which will give you about 12K HP and this is at the minimum level.

Considering how easy the missions are - its a great reward for non-raiders.

I have not tried it yet, can you explain why?
You pick up an item, kill a few low level mobs. Then click a door and to into a small instanced room with 5 mobs that only attack you in order. No mez needed etc

The only reason it takes over 10 minutes now is due to how dark everything is and trying to see where your going. And the stuttering going up the ramp.

They have shitty stats because they are type 9
Seems like some dev has decided the model for Gear that they had in TBM was such a huge success that they would like to duplicate it.

The problem is, they're just so bad compared to the TBM version. You can get 2k more raw HEM and 170 more ac (or less AC and another chunk of hem) from TBM, for the cost of... 25% of a ToV aug worth of clairvoyance and spell damage (oh boy...).

But who knows what the next few months will bring, we're waiting for October/November for the charm to beat t3 LS / Memoryforge charms anyway.

Anyone having an issue with the moment you zone into the second mission it zones you right back out? I've got two of my guys in there but can get all 6....

Edit: there seems to be something going on with easyfind/chase/afollow in that zone.

Random data to share
  1. Of the first three tasks released so far, only the third one "Oasis of Sands" earns tokens on repeat runs. 10 Time Tokens per.
  2. You must repeat the second quest "Broken Key of Sands" each time to acquire the item that initiates "Oasis of Sands"
  3. At this time, a character must be in the zone when the mission completes to earn the tokens.
    • Anyone outside the zone receives the message:
    • 1705856033608.png
    • However the actual quest reward isn't added to that characters reward list. Zoning in does not have any impact that I could see.
    • I want to guess this is a bug and probably some discussion about it on the EQ forums I'm not reading.
  4. Tokens appear in your inventory - remember to visit [Alt Currency] tab and click [Reclaim All] to make available for use.

Random data to share
  1. Of the first three tasks released so far, only the third one "Oasis of Sands" earns tokens on repeat runs. 10 Time Tokens per.
  2. You must repeat the second quest "Broken Key of Sands" each time to acquire the item that initiates "Oasis of Sands"
  3. At this time, a character must be in the zone when the mission completes to earn the tokens.
    • Anyone outside the zone receives the message:
    • View attachment 56398
    • However the actual quest reward isn't added to that characters reward list. Zoning in does not have any impact that I could see.
    • I want to guess this is a bug and probably some discussion about it on the EQ forums I'm not reading.
  4. Tokens appear in your inventory - remember to visit [Alt Currency] tab and click [Reclaim All] to make available for use.

I am guessing the tokens are only earned on repeat runs and not the first run of Oasis? I did that and got the initial achievement but not 10 more tokens.

Nevermind, the tokens went into alt currency directly and not into inventory like the first task.

For point 2, when I did it the first time with a group of 6 it ate all the completed keys. Has anyone tried to just create one key and then get the shared task? If so did it eat the container and 3 key components from first task?

Last edited:
For point 2, when I did it the first time with a group of 6 it ate all the completed keys. Has anyone tried to just create one key and then get the shared task? If so did it eat the container and 3 key components from first task?
Only one person needs the key to get the group task.

Once the task is completed, anyone with a key loses it. So you can't just bank 'em.

However if you have a container and components - those don't get lost.
So you can do the first task twice in a row, but wait for final combine on second one. (If that made sense)

Only one person needs the key to get the group task.

Once the task is completed, anyone with a key loses it. So you can't just bank 'em.

However if you have a container and components - those don't get lost.
So you can do the first task twice in a row, but wait for final combine on second one. (If that made sense)

Yep, so with a group of 6 can just do the key task every 7 times as long as the keys are not made in advance.

I did find out that casters can bind in the tower so that will make it less of a burden later on running up all those levels~

Yep, so with a group of 6 can just do the key task every 7 times as long as the keys are not made in advance.

I did find out that casters can bind in the tower so that will make it less of a burden later on running up all those levels~
I posted this in the MQ2Nav thread, but here are the waypoints to add to your mq2nav.ini file
INI:
[anniversarytower]
Ground Floor=-38.724 -66.1955 -18.4705
Top Floor=-2.01332 37.7377 633.338
Door 1=18.7129 32.6101 30.0508
Door 2=-43.6624 -0.651869 78.3332
Door 3=19.0162 -40.5184 126.538
Door 4=20.9462 36.5878 174.699
Door 5=-43.9169 0.348284 222.978
Door 6=18.9339 -38.0503 271.181   
Door 7=21.4745 36.273 319.343
Door 8=-42.7176 -1.00715 367.828
Door 9=16.389 -35.6474 416.032
Door 10=21.4023 34.293 464.194
Door 11=-44.8291 -0.0864029 512.42

INI:
/nav wp "door 1"
goes right to the door for the first mission.
INI:
/dga /nav wp "door 1"
will bring the whole group.

This month’s giveaway item in the marketplace! A Grikaw Mask is the free item of the month! Make sure you log in and grab it on all your characters before it’s gone on April 1st! The HA will open later it appears

The mask is kind of cool but not much to it.

Last edited:
This month’s giveaway item in the marketplace! A Grikaw Mask is the free item of the month! Make sure you log in and grab it on all your characters before it’s gone on April 1st! The HA will open later it appears

HA is door 2 door 3 (march) opens with march patch. Yes its silly to do it this way,
Free items runs from 1st - last day of the month.
HA patch - patch

1709345544109.png

The rewards for the Second Floor Mission are decent if you have undergeared toons.
Especially when you look at the difficulty of the mission:
1 - Grab the Blue Glowing thing from in front of door 2
2. - Click the Thingy to get the mission - it gives you a container and a shovel.
3. - Run over to Lavastorm (Longest part of the mission)
4. - Find the Magma Piles that are spread around the zone. Click the shovel on them. Spawns a Dk Blue Basilisk mob with about 100 hp
5. - Repeat step 4 until you have 3 different part. If your in a grp of 6 - you get 6 items....
6. - Combine them to finish this quest - and it gives you the key which lets you enter Door number 2 in the Tower.
7. - Zone into Door 2 - Kill the mob which is Yellow and spawns adds - but it also has about 100 hp.
8. - New items are now available on the Vendor.

I really dont get why these missions are so easy. The items require lvl 125 so why are the mobs about lvl 10?

March Quest is open now:
1709966675295.png
Another Decent Aug for very little effort. Not sure about the Neck though - but i guess its ok if you dont have a neck.

This Quest is called Key of Forests.

1. Pickup the Blue Shiny and click it to get the quest.
2. Head to Greater Faydark.
3. Kill the Enslaved Miner Skeletons that are running about at the north of the zone.
4. Loot the 2 Key pieces.
5. Kill 20 Skeletons.
6. Head to the Source of the Skeletons...North West Area
7. You will get an update..and an Orc will spawn. Kill the Orc and loot the third piece of the Key
8. Combine the key - and click it to get the Tower Mission.

9. Zone back into tower and run up to 3rd Door.
10. Zone in....Kill some trash bats and stuff
11. Kill 2 Crazy Arboreans (Treants)
12. Kill more trash.
13. Kill 2 more Arboreans
14. Kill the Orc Boss Dude
15 Win.

March Quest is open now:
View attachment 58617
Another Decent Aug for very little effort. Not sure about the Neck though - but i guess its ok if you dont have a neck.

This Quest is called Key of Forests.

1. Pickup the Blue Shiny and click it to get the quest.
2. Head to Greater Faydark.
3. Kill the Enslaved Miner Skeletons that are running about at the north of the zone.
4. Loot the 2 Key pieces.
5. Kill 20 Skeletons.
6. Head to the Source of the Skeletons...North West Area
7. You will get an update..and an Orc will spawn. Kill the Orc and loot the third piece of the Key
8. Combine the key - and click it to get the Tower Mission.

9. Zone back into tower and run up to 3rd Door.
10. Zone in....Kill some trash bats and stuff
11. Kill 2 Crazy Arboreans (Treants)
12. Kill more trash.
13. Kill 2 more Arboreans
14. Kill the Orc Boss Dude
15 Win.
Are you on test? Not seeing door #3 blue shiny. And no one else in zone to have taken it.

And the unparalleled mask you posted in your march 1 post the same as the post from yesterday? Figured out those are for level 125. Not seeing them at 120.

Are you on test? Not seeing door #3 blue shiny. And no one else in zone to have taken it.

And the unparalleled mask you posted in your march 1 post the same as the post from yesterday? Figured out those are for level 125. Not seeing them at 120.
You are correct - These quests are available on Test but not live. Not until the March patch.

1710004194584.png

The April Quest is out on Test.
Quick Rundown:
1. Hunt for Polar Fish in the Everfrost River - Just jump into the hole in the ice and kill the fish..there are 3 types.
2. Find the Halas Crevace and place a Fish - When you get to the Crave looking spot on the Map - Near Halas - Quest will update and Spawn a Blue Con (@125) Bear. But its very weak.
3. Find the Crevace around the Middle of the Map and Kill another Bear.
4. Find the Crevace near Blackburrow Zone and Kill another bear. (This bugged for me. Didnt get the Bear spawn until I logged out and logged Back in)
5. Combine all these for the Key of Frost.

The Mission:
This Mission makes you run back up the Tower upon zoning in....I thought something had gone wrong...But anyway...Run back to Floor 4 - the Door to area 4 will be open and 7 Mobs Asleep on the ground.

Wake them up by picking up the Torch from the ground. Apparently they are Frozen and need the Heat from the Torch to thaw out.

Anywayz - Kill 2 at a time until you get the Boxx who is a Lvl 128 Undead rogue.
Lvl 128 in name only.....he is really weak.

I really do expect these mobs will be upgraded to become a challenge...so If you want easy and free loot loot - here is the opportunity.

And the loots are:

1713175572851.png1713175613694.png

This whole tower is a gigantic waste of time. 2 missions and 1 raid missing because they wanted to design 12 under-tuned encounters/quests here instead. There will be 1 aug per class thats worth it if you have raid chars, the other gear is grouper scrap.

View attachment 58165

The rewards for the Second Floor Mission are decent if you have undergeared toons.
Especially when you look at the difficulty of the mission:
1 - Grab the Blue Glowing thing from in front of door 2
2. - Click the Thingy to get the mission - it gives you a container and a shovel.
3. - Run over to Lavastorm (Longest part of the mission)
4. - Find the Magma Piles that are spread around the zone. Click the shovel on them. Spawns a Dk Blue Basilisk mob with about 100 hp
5. - Repeat step 4 until you have 3 different part. If your in a grp of 6 - you get 6 items....
6. - Combine them to finish this quest - and it gives you the key which lets you enter Door number 2 in the Tower.
7. - Zone into Door 2 - Kill the mob which is Yellow and spawns adds - but it also has about 100 hp.
8. - New items are now available on the Vendor.

I really dont get why these missions are so easy. The items require lvl 125 so why are the mobs about lvl 10?
The items, they adapt to player level when you buy them.

My 100s have required lvl 100 ones I believe, or 95 ones. Same items, less stats.

The April Quest is out on Test.
Quick Rundown:
1. Hunt for Polar Fish in the Everfrost River - Just jump into the hole in the ice and kill the fish..there are 3 types.
2. Find the Halas Crevace and place a Fish - When you get to the Crave looking spot on the Map - Near Halas - Quest will update and Spawn a Blue Con (@125) Bear. But its very weak.
3. Find the Crevace around the Middle of the Map and Kill another Bear.
4. Find the Crevace near Blackburrow Zone and Kill another bear. (This bugged for me. Didnt get the Bear spawn until I logged out and logged Back in)
5. Combine all these for the Key of Frost.

The Mission:
This Mission makes you run back up the Tower upon zoning in....I thought something had gone wrong...But anyway...Run back to Floor 4 - the Door to area 4 will be open and 7 Mobs Asleep on the ground.

Wake them up by picking up the Torch from the ground. Apparently they are Frozen and need the Heat from the Torch to thaw out.

Anywayz - Kill 2 at a time until you get the Boxx who is a Lvl 128 Undead rogue.
Lvl 128 in name only.....he is really weak.

I really do expect these mobs will be upgraded to become a challenge...so If you want easy and free loot loot - here is the opportunity.

And the loots are:

View attachment 60426View attachment 60427
There is a step for the fish that says to "place the fish in the crevices" where you spawn the bears. This is an automatic step and the fish just disappear from your inventory when you hit that area and get the update, before the bear spawns.

This is a good waypoint for the last bear which is up the crevice where it looks like you can't go. /way -1238, 1099, 29

News - Welcome to the Anniversary Tower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back