• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Weird Alt+R failure (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,229¢
Randomly the Alt+R command will no longer open the Raid Window on any of my toons. I checked the key bind and it is still set to Alt+R and when I use "/bca //keypress Alt+R" they all open their Raid Window with the shortcut command. I also tested Alt key commands in Windows and the Alt keys on both sides of my Corsair keyboard are still functioning. I even plugged in ANOTHER keyboard but the same result.

I feel like there is probably something stupid I am overlooking. Anyone have any ideas for me on it? :shrug:

Sometimes in EQ my Shift key acts like its stuck. It's not actually stuck, it's an EQ bug. Usually just pressing it again fixes it. Will cause other key combos to fail if its in this state. Seems to always be the right shift key my case.

Make sure your video card doesn't have alt r bound to something else. Mine did so when I went to open the raid window I was instead opening an optional window from my video card.
Nvidia has some optional recording crap that's activated by Alt+R. I always choose install custom and only install the driver and config panel. Been so long since I installed it forgot about it.

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add some information. I found this because I was having the same problem, except Alt-Z was not even bringing up the NVIDA overlay. Turns out that AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition also uses Alt-Z and Alt-R and intercepts those commands before NVIDA does. So, if you have AMD, you need to disable the hotkeys in both locations. Hope this helps.

Question - Weird Alt+R failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back