• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Way low zerker DPS question. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
230¢
When I play with no outside software other than GamParse my Zerker is typically 150k to 200k DPS. He is 121 with old expansion group gear except he has a 30 ration weapon. When I run MQ with MQberzerker he is parsing 30k to 60k. As I watch his screen all the buttons are mashed and the melee spam looks the same as if I was running him. My bard is parsing in the 150k to 180k range according to the DPS meter which seems in line with GamParse. Any ideas? Maybe I have some filter off?

since you didn't post in the mq2berzerker thread i'm going to assume your question isn't directed about mq2berzerker at all.

when you say "when i run mq with it" are you still using gamparse? or are you using dpsadv? -> imo you should use gamparse or eqlogparser and not dpsadv

it sounds like your filters are off, which dpsadv needs you need to check any of your outgoing damage -> melee, crits, flurry, spells, crit spells, etc

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it wasn't really a question about MQBerzerker because the mobs seemed to be dropping quickly. You addressed it. I think there is a filter off somewhere. Gamparse isn't working for me at the moment so I did try MQdpsadv and it is giving me very different readings. On my zerker its still showing those low numbers but on my tanks screen the zerker DPS is huge. It is more than double my bard and 3X more than a merc melee dps.

Use eqlogparser for parsing and yes it sounds like filters are your problem in order to accurately parse go in and make sure damage related filters are on, /log on, and then look at the parse in eqlogparser. Also, should look at combined parse over multiple mobs as well not just for a single mob parse

What's sad, is that my SK does like 360K dps, with auto attack and the new 2H, lol. I don't understand berserkers. I have one and I just don't see the dps from them. I even upgraded him to the newest group weapon at 121 and blah. He should be doing WAY more damage. I guess for a burn they are ok, but their auto attack should be at least 400K, my rouge is way over that. I'm was tempted to buy the plugin, but I just get a lot more dps from my ranger or rogue.

What's sad, is that my SK does like 360K dps, with auto attack and the new 2H, lol. I don't understand berserkers. I have one and I just don't see the dps from them. I even upgraded him to the newest group weapon at 121 and blah. He should be doing WAY more damage. I guess for a burn they are ok, but their auto attack should be at least 400K, my rouge is way over that. I'm was tempted to buy the plugin, but I just get a lot more dps from my ranger or rogue.
and all this is in eqlog parser?

and all this is in eqlog parser?
Yeah, just did a quick test, when I got the new weapons, to see the dps increase, just on the training dummy, set to level 119. With chanter/shammy buffs, the zerkers auto attack at level121, was like 230k dps. My SK(all others were at level 125)with just auto attack was at like 360K, rogue was at like 460K and ranger with bow was low/mid 300's. I just feel like the damage they do, is so low. I have a decent ini for the berserker and it just looks like weak dps in my group, my SK hits much harder. No idea how someone is getting 1M dps, not even burning. Not sure what I'm missing. Definitely wasn't a scientific test, but I have to be doing something wrong. That's why I wanted to get the plugin. I'll run the parse in group and see for sure.

Edit: In my group with an enchanter, 125 SK was around 550-600K+(mq2eskay), 121 Rogue was around the same sometimes up to over 800K, with assassinate went up to over 2M some mobs, 121 Berserker was around 350K dps. All have the best new group weapons they can use.

Last edited:
Seems about inline with my free-to-play zerker (NOS T1 gear, LS T1 weapon, few augs, no epic), I get 350-420k dps in T2 LS zones for sustained grind.

Hdex, Frenzy stat and all armor inserts, epic…zerkers shine when you get the right clickies and Breastplates (anguish, cotf, current)

Now this is true of all melees hut imo beezerkers NEED the right giver classes grouped with them…bst or shaman and a bard will be night and day…

Don’t forget to get a good poison potion on them 24/7

See my clicky guide on teh signature line for some ideas…

Hdex, Frenzy stat and all armor inserts, epic…zerkers shine when you get the right clickies and Breastplates (anguish, cotf, current)

Now this is true of all melees hut imo beezerkers NEED the right giver classes grouped with them…bst or shaman and a bard will be night and day…

for clarity on the bps and clickies - assuming you have the right amount of hdex, clickies can actually lower your dps. think of a clicky with a cast timer as a forced miss swing - costs a lot

as far as bps go - modern bps give you a "im taking damage" bp, eok/rof bps, and heroic bp gives you an "outgoing damage boost" but you should only use those if your hdex stinks

zerkers ARE takers tho, they don't give too much, bst, brd (with epic), shm (with epic), even rogue stuff give them a huge boost

but they need to fattest 2h they can get, and hDex stacked

for clarity on the bps and clickies - assuming you have the right amount of hdex, clickies can actually lower your dps. think of a clicky with a cast timer as a forced miss swing - costs a lot

as far as bps go - modern bps give you a "im taking damage" bp, eok/rof bps, and heroic bp gives you an "outgoing damage boost" but you should only use those if your hdex stinks

zerkers ARE takers tho, they don't give too much, bst, brd (with epic), shm (with epic), even rogue stuff give them a huge boost

but they need to fattest 2h they can get, and hDex stacked
@Sic you’re not wrong…forgot to mention that my zerkers armies are mostly free-to-play…so maxing hdex isn’t always a consideration

Lots of non-prestige clickies out there that more than make up for it though…

💯 on the 2hander…

Bill Murray Yes GIF

I don't see any clicky guide in your signature. Am I missing something? My FTP toons code use some help.

My zerker is semi ghetto. Hdex is a little over 2500. He has older raid arms and legs. He is using the new 1082/36 mallet from LS, that is better than even the raid poleaxe from NoS. I guess they need a lot of ADPS and HDex, but even still, with that new weapon, I figured they would be putting out pretty decent dps. My SK is about as good as you could get gear/aug wise, that's probably why he is doing more dps. I still think a berserker should smoke an SK by a lot, just auto attacking. My ranger is doing more dps, just with a bow autofire. Once he gets 125, I'll get his hdex up, get the new 125 weapons and put him with my shammy, bard group, then see what he does.

I'll do a test copy and see if the mq2zerker plugin helps after also. Those plugins are pretty damn sweet!!

Maybe I'm wrong here bit I keep hearing "just auto attacking" a lot and that's probably the problem. Zerkers have a lot more dps than just auto attack. Ignoring their discs could be your low dps numbers.

i have an LS geared rog and my grp geared zerker is never far behind on dps when dpsing a single target and if its multi targets my zerker will pass my rog and i too use mq2berzerker... have you tried unchecking mangling i was told to run it with mangling off so i do not sure if that really increases dps but could be your problem

Discussion - Way low zerker DPS question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back