• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Warning! Possibly tougher acct transfer requirements! (1 Viewer)

dhew

RedCents
500¢
Redbot, feel free to move this wherever.

I just sold a Phinigel account. Buyer requested account transfer of the toon. Daybreak is now asking for ALL of the recent credit cards on file and ALL info on these cards, not just the last one on file per their usual requirements. The DBG rep is also being quite the asshole. This is a heads up.

Who was the rep if you don't mind me asking? Haven't had any issues even with recent transfers myself. Wonder if you just got a bad rep.

Transferred my cleric 3 days ago , no prob too ...

i don't think you get to communicate those infos by mail too, weird ... i mean they only ask for the last 4 for security reason and i don't think they're allowed to ask for more but i may be wrong

It's just last four, but this d bag is insisting on last four of all credit cards that have been on file

blizzblazer was going to sell me an account but ran into this same rep that wanted ALL cc so must be specific person working there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me a few months ago, they wanted the last 2 cards used last 4 digits, full names, and addresses.

"Stephen H" was the rep that gave me shit

never add prob with thomas N ,always been nice and fast , luckily i never spoke to Stephen H hehe, guess you should give it 1 or 2 days and make a new ticket

that's ironic. I too tried to transfer a toon to a different account yesterday, not only that but i own both accounts. And stephen H was in fact the rep. he's quite the douche bag.

I have been trying to reason with the mfer and offered to send a pic of my driver's license. but he insists on the card validation, i haven't used a card on the account in over 3 years. so finding the last four is extremely difficult.

I would say we need to reflect that on the surveys at the end. They need to have feedback on this type of behavior.

It's always depends on the CS. Some will just want the first CCs used and others will ask all CCs used.

Kruger, Im not sure it ALWAYS depends on the CS. Ive been doing account sales/xfers for years now, and this is the first time this has ever been asked. Can anyone else confirm this bullshit has been brought up years ago, or just recently?

I can confirm that they are going back to old CC info and names and addresses. IF they have different names then the "current" one
Seriously though, Even on an account I owned since 1999 when I tried to move a toon off my own account they wanted last 4 from 6 years ago, I as like, seriously dude, who even has that information, my credit cards get replaced from the bank almost every year due to some new chip or they expire or whatever and I put the old cards in a chip shredder! No on has that info!

It's a business decision. Daybreak wants to discourage people from playing EQ so they can lose money.

Account xfers to same server are certainly more complicated. I argued with one prick about having used krono on my account for so long that I wouldn't know what CC I had used last. I did some digging around and was able to give the rep the full last 4 of the last CC used and it went thru fine. If I had to go back all the way to the beginning on that account (names and addresses too boot) I don't think I would have been able to do it. And this is my own account, I mean like my first ever in 1999. My account. So if they make it so hard that even a valid xfer can't happen then Red is right, they simply want to reduce the money they have coming in (or hate this Stephen douche-bag so much they are hoping one of us will track him down and beat his ass). I did not deal with this Stephen but I'm guessing if I had I would have blown a fuckin gasket. Me and the boys woulda been on a road trip...

If an account has more than one CC used, then CS has the ability to ask for the other CCs. I have gotten away with recent CC info if you managed a decent CS.

I suggest confirming this with a forum post? Anyone?

I think you guys are also forgetting another thought about this and which I hate the most.

Even if you provide all the information for yourself in the ticket for the transfer it stays with it and does not get removed. So if you provide last 4 of cc, full name and address, SQ, all this personal information and then end of selling the account to someone that person will have all that information about you. They do not blank it out, nor do they remove the ticket over time and it will be on that account forever.

^^

Yikes. I don't know if it's a good idea to post about this or not. On one hand, it's great info to protect yourself from identity thieves. On the other, it's great info for identity thieves.

Its a security flaw I've brought up with them several times. Roshen pretty much told me its in their system and it protected.... RIGHT... DBG gets hacked and they get that info.. Good fucking luck.

I was able to speak to some managers on the CS team.

It's our policy NOT to edit/remove information that's on support tickets. In general, the team feels that ticket history is something that is very useful to not only CS, but customers as well.

@Roshen
EverQuest Brand Manager

Like EverQuest on Facebook
Follow EverQuest on Twitter
www.everquest.com

I am kinda an asshole about dumb policies, and I know it stays with the account so I just replaced 1 of my credit cards and just to fuck with them I put in a ticket that said,
Rich (BB code):
Hey DBG in case I forget this and I know you never delete tickets, the last 4 of my credit card is 5512 (not the last 4 but I did send the last 4 in my ticket)
can you please close this ticket as I don't need anything except to put the last 4 of my credit card in the only place I will ever need it... Have a good day!
The GM did not even answer me, he just closed the ticket and now I have the last 4 forever! oh and fuck off stupid last4!

Razkle you're the best.

Account sellers making new accounts: use Razkle's trick as well as credit gift cards you can buy at any pharmacy/grocery store to get around this bullshit policy.

Yea Stephen H. is the one that gave me problems.

By the way there was a good suggestion from dhew.
If you read the rules, it explicitly stats the last four digits from Credit CARD. Not CARDS.

I'm going to call daybreak and complain about Stephen H.

Razkle, I dont understand exactly what your request you sent to daybreak accomplishes. Are you basically putting your last four on file with them in the form of a trouble ticket?

Lol That guy is such an a-hole. I had purchased a server transfer token and he literally wanted me to spend $25 for the transfer instead of refunding me the token and using the DBG cash. If you get Stephen H. I'm sorry but that guy will go out of his way to make your life miserable. By far the worst customer service rep. I've ever had in the 17 years i've been playing EQ.

Razkle, I dont understand exactly what your request you sent to daybreak accomplishes. Are you basically putting your last four on file with them in the form of a trouble ticket?

ok lets fast forward 2 years, you want to move a toon off the account, so they ask for the last 4 of your old CC, its in the ticket, so go back and read it, and then give them the last 4 they wanted....

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you SELL the account and they new person needs the last 4 to "verify" it is in the old ticket so he can give them the jackassery answer that want... the last 4 of some old obscure cc used in 1812 by settlers who traded with the Indians...

Not sure about you but I have had prolly 15 debit cards in the last 5 years and could not give you any of the last 4s if my life depended on it

Haha someone should make an account, keep it for awhile, and keep trolling with different temporary cards purchased at grocery stores.

Request Stephen H and have 10-20 credit cards on file, see how he deals with that. Ok yea I'm just trolling now.

My main account I have had since 1999 and I bet I have 30 different cards on it, I have 5 bank accounts and depending on which one I want to pay with I will put it on and use it, then delete it. But I also cycle though cards and use 1 off preloaded ones from my bank for online purchases that I use 1 time then shred as they are useless. NO Smart person uses the same card for years on end and no one saves the old numbers, why the fuck would you? Nostalgia?

Depending on the data they have, storing for that far back they may be running afoul of some PCI DDS best practices.

A CS by the name of Thomas N. is also asking for at least the last three CC last four and their respective names on file.

Discussion - Warning! Possibly tougher acct transfer requirements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back