• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Vanguard (1 Viewer)

anyone knows if Vanguard like Final fantasy,, u need 2 wait you turn to cast or attack!! or is it like wow!! pls advice

Its pretty cool so far..

This is probably cause its still beta.. But have found instances of nuking or attacking mobs from on top of walls, mobs appear to be attacking back, but not causing any dmg.

Also, came across a few mobs that were blinking the word/core "Stuck" over there names. mobs had gotten pinned in walls or rocks, could attack and loot without them coming at you.

Next order of busness.. Im gonna play one or two days on my LOTR beta =)

Screw Vanguard for now =)

huuuuuh LOTR BETA!!! WTH.. i applied for it in 100names. and never got anything about it.... its the mmorpg right!

IMO Vangaurd sucks, I got it working and I hate it. There is so much lag even on the 'high performance' setting, its unberable for me.

tartoob said:
huuuuuh LOTR BETA!!! WTH.. i applied for it in 100names. and never got anything about it.... its the mmorpg right!

yes it is =)

Who knows i might give that account up too.. But we will see not yet =)

VG is definitely a pretty game.

The server crashes a lot, but that can be attributed to still being in Beta.

Its still not tuned very well for low end systems.

All in All, the game could still use about 5 more months before it should be released.

On the positive, its pretty fun to play, combat is good, music is good, characters seem pretty balanced. Group play is nice, toons feel unique.

I've been playing Vanguard since beta 3. It runs a hell of a lot better then it did during beta performance wise. I find it to be a fun and good looking game. As far as 'hacking', ISXVG has been around for quite some time from Amadeus (some may remember his name from MacroQuest2/ISXEQ2 development). While it requires a LavishSoft subscription, it has pretty much the same functionality as ISXWoW, although it lacks scripts being that the game was released 2 days ago. As it gains more popularity I'm sure people will get into the scripting sector.

Any information about ISXVG (the Vanguard extension for Inner Space), go to http://www.isxgames.com.

I've been thinking about picking up Vanguard... if I did, I'd be very interested in seeing a section of RedGuides devoted to it.

The only way it would be added is if there were enough people here that play it. Bot won't make a VG section for 15 people.

TSPlayer62 said:
Someone find a way to play free and ill join in=>
hehe there was away but it got pached today. You could load up the game with any Sony station name and just click build character before the message telling you to subscribe came up. This would let you in free :) But as of today it nolonger works :(

I have an account for that if anybody wants the info(I need to actually know who the hell you are, and somebody I KNOW I can trust) just PM me.

I'm giving it a shot. They really need to do some optimization of the graphics. Even when the graphics are turned all the way down and set at 1280x1024, it looks shittier than EQ1 and still runs like molasses. On the same PC (with 2GB RAM and a Geforce 7800) I can run WoW and EQ2 with maximum detail at 1600x1200 with hardly any slowdown.

Addicted already

3.2 P4
2gb ram
ATI X1950Pro 256mb (agp)
Seagate 10k rpm sata
and a decent powersupply

I can run it at max detail soloing and i turn it down 1 notch for grouping havent raided yet but im sure id dumb it to balanced for 2 groups.

It does put a serious load out though no doubt you already know that.

Another VG player here. I'm loving the eye candy now that I have hardware that can handle it. I've been trying to play on lowest settings to concentrate on gameplay and so far so good.

Been using ISXVG now for a few logins. Only used radar so far which works well. Thanks Amadeus!

Im in..with 2 account...war/cleric..i love it, will expand later with more account aslong is no warden..spying f*#ker....its cool.

F^&k Blizzard.

yuyu

Planning to purchase Vanguard in the near future (will be four of us), just waiting for things to stabilize a little bit.

I am playing VG. After 7 years of EQ I decided to give it a try. I had to upfrade my pc a bit because VG has a way of making good machines cry like babies.

At first I didnt like it to much now I am getting used to it but I think its gonna be a 1 year deal and I'll be done with it . I think its to easy. It's nothing like EQ at least EQ challenges you. Ill prolly split me playtime evenly between EQ and VG

Vanguard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back