• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Using Laptop to Play Wow (1 Viewer)

D

Don't Panic

I am thinking about getting a laptop and I want to be able to play Wow well on it. I am thinking of spending up to 1300$. I have narrowed my search down to these two, and I was wondering how well they will play Wow.

HP Pavilion dv8320us
Processor: Intel Core Duo processor T2050; 1.60GHz
Memory: 1024MB DDR SDRAM at 667 MHZ
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with 128MB discrete +128 MB shared
Hard Drive: 160GB (5400rpm)Dual HDD-80GBx2

HP Pavilion dv8320us

OR

Dell Inspiron E1705
Processor: Intel Core Duo processor T2250(1.73GHZ
Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
Graphics Card: 256MB ATI mobility radeon x1400
Hard Drive: 100GB 5400RPM SATA
(I could add a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce go 7900 but it is 200$ more dollars.)

Dell Inspiron E1705

So if people could input on which of these would play Wow better or if they won't play Wow, what laptops will, that would be great. Thank you for your time.

i think the best way to go would be to first make sure both of these models comply with the game requirements, then if that doesnt narrow it down, let me make the joke: "Dude, your getting a dell"

Go for the Dell. Plenty of hard disk space, the video card will easily run Wow at full specs. And two GBs of Ram is just amazing. Absolutely no slow down with like 50 apps running.

Get the Dell, swap the HDD for something thats 7200 RPM, this'll make a lot of difference to WOW and most other MMORPG load times, etc.

Regards.

My Wife has a Laptop very close to the Dell posted there (smaller Hard drive) it plays eq great for here with everything turned up to full display.

http://cheapstingybargains.com/ always has deals for Dell Stuff too.

• Inspiron E1405 Dual Core Notebook for $699 after $350 instant savings (ends 7/13)
• Inspiron E1505 Dual Core Notebook for $710 after 30% off for a $304 Coupon savings
• Inspiron 9400 Dual Core Notebook for $949 after $435 instant savings

Using Laptop to Play Wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back