• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

US > EU ? (1 Viewer)

BlackObsidian

RedCents
So... What are the people like on US servers? I'm getting a tad bit pissed at the amount of childish bullshit which seems to happen on every EU server I've played on. Is it the same in the US?

Are you asking if the US is more mature than EU?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HA....HAHHA....HA...HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm done.

If you want to look at it that way..

If you're looking for mature people, the US is really not where to turn.

LOL yeah, about 85% of the players on the US servers are 13 or below, and act so immature... espiecially with Vent, you recruit a new player to your bwl guild and find out he lied about his age, and sounds like a 5year-old on vent.

Does the EU crowd dominate the General Chat in The Barrens with drivel about Chuck Norris?

World of Warcraft - £40

New Account - £9

Paying small chinese people to play for you - £120

Shouting Leeroy Jenkins and running naked throughout Ironforge - Priceless

I shout Leroy before every MC boss encounter.......:o

My server has a few retarded people on it, and yes, they are mostly children, and i have had an MT who openly admited he was 9 years old on vent, and sounded 7. but somehow, he managed to tank ......

Anyways, if you find a good guild to raid with (my def of good guild: someone who can easily get 6 bosses in MC in 3 hrs or under. and manage the others, and raid if not every night somewherez, every other) i can guarantee you that they will be older people and some pretty nice people to be with.

so we have the chuck norris chat in barrens chat and the LFC channel type, we got the good type, and we got the retarded 7 year olds being MT for MC, yes, we are an interesting buncha people.

blackobsidian said:
So... What are the people like on US servers? I'm getting a tad bit pissed at the amount of childish bullshit which seems to happen on every EU server I've played on. Is it the same in the US?

Being european playing on US servers i feel the right person to answer you.

I wouldnt say players here are more mature in general, but you can find good guilds with nice people. I was in 2 guilds which were superb. You cant escape moronic players but you can ignore them.

The main advantage of playing on US servers is that everybody (almost) is speaking decent english. What i hate on EU servers in all games is that there are people talking all european languages on main channels - and there are lots of people who cant speak semi decent english, hence no way to comunicate with them at all.

Playing the game on US servers up to the 10 man instances is ok. The problem arises when you want to start raiding. I was waking at 3 in the morning for half a year to join my mates in all kind of raids - 2-3 times a week for over half year. It's terrible for your health, and you have to have job with flexible working hours to do that - but your freinds and famili will sufer if you decide for that kind of gameplay. I'm tired and burned out already. So i wouldnt recomend that. But it's your choice.

Interesting stuff! Stupidly, I didn't think about the time difference and my current life and job wouldn't enable me to do it so I'm stuck to two choices... Live with it or don't :(

Cheers for all the replies guys!

US > EU ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back