• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Unable to Login 5/17/23 on patchday (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
1,604¢
I get a message on the Very Vanilla page of the Red Guides Launcher that says Patch Day Unavailable. Everything else updates fine. Then when I try to proceed at EQ login I get a pop up message saying The Dates must match. I've rebooted my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled The Launcher those were my fixes after last patch. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not tech savvy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any advice. Thanks everyone.

Solution
I get a message on the Very Vanilla page of the Red Guides Launcher that says Patch Day Unavailable. Everything else updates fine. Then when I try to proceed at EQ login I get a pop up message saying The Dates must match. I've rebooted my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled The Launcher those were my fixes after last patch. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not tech savvy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any advice. Thanks everyone.
What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our...
MQ is still down from today's patch.

Everquest is up but the developers need time to update the Mq stuff and make sure nothing is crashing and everything is good for release. If you have it loaded or load it that message you got will appear until they come out with Redguides update. . I always forget and have Redguides loaded so I get that message every patch day and have to close it out since I never reboot or shut comp down half the time.

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Solution
Problem - Unable to Login 5/17/23 on patchday
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back