• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - UI Help (1 Viewer)

Itwasthedog

RedCents
267¢
I have been messing about trying to customise a UI compiled from various pieces.

Does anyone know how I change the default gem icons in the spell book to something different?

as an example I love this spellbook but hate the icons that come with it and would prefer the icons in the 2nd picture

Attachments

• spellbook.png
    spellbook.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 17
  • spellbook 2.png
    spellbook 2.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 17
I have been messing about trying to customise a UI compiled from various pieces.

Does anyone know how I change the default gem icons in the spell book to something different?

as an example I love this spellbook but hate the icons that come with it and would prefer the icons in the 2nd picture

Yeah I do the same, I hate the new icons. Download this and extract to your custom UI folder, choose to overwrite: https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6707

Forgot to add, the "spells" files give you old buff and spellbook icons,

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

the "gemicons" files give you old spellbar icons. Assume you want both.

Capturesd.PNG

Spells01.tga to Spells63.tga and gemicons01.tga to gemicons23.tga contain all the icons for spell gems. the TGA files can be opened with a program like GIMP which is a free editing image editing software.

Replacing these files with alternate icons will yield alternate icons. In the case of a custom UI, the folder for that custom UI would contain files named the same thing that would then take priority over the ones in the default UI folder. If you want to use the ones in the default UI folder you can simply remove those .tga files mentioned from that custom UI folder.

Alternately, you can search for replacement files for those that will give you an alternate graphic from the ones that currently exist in the custom UI file and the ones that are in the default UI folder. Once you've found the icon's you'd like to use, you can replace the files mentioned to replace the graphics.

H.U.D. - UI Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back