• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - "Travel Mode" Tips (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,333¢
I was wondering if anyone has tips on how they set their groups up for travel mode? By travel mode I mean when you've just finished in PoK and you're heading to your next leveling spot. This is in some ways a two part questions as I'd love to know what you do for groups before you get the fancy travel AA's and what you do afterwards? Things I've noticed is that when I have levitate on my group on follow, whether in chase mode or afollow, doesn't adequately follow at the appropriate altitude. Should I instead be using some form of stick and get rid of afollow? Are there good ways of traveling with a bard to maintain the appropriate distance to keep the songs active.

Would love to hear everyone's tips, tricks, socials, and all around good advice!

I just have a hotkey that makes my wiz group invis everyone then i open up find and rightclick the zone connection and everyone runs there. Mq2eqwire makes background lag a non issue. (As long as it’s set to unlimited in fps options)

Sometimes i use /bcga //travelto “blah zone”

If we are traveling inside a big zone I sometimes just run to where i think we should set up camp and then click Come to Me

Myself I just hit the find button, then click the place i want to go and off the toon runs, rinse and repeat on each member of the group. Once I get to the next zone I am going to camp I run my mage to that spot and coh the group. If no mage I run whatever class there then hit the find window again to find that toon on each. Its a quick process. This works extremely well in Trial of 3 btw as it can be glitchy. But thats a strat for somewhere else.

I just have a hotkey that makes my wiz group invis everyone then i open up find and rightclick the zone connection and everyone runs there. Mq2eqwire makes background lag a non issue. (As long as it’s set to unlimited in fps options)

If we are traveling inside a big zone I sometimes just run to where i think we should set up camp and then click Come to Me

How do you stop travelto from just randomly stopping or the "unable to find path" because the zone loc doesn't match the meshes?

is there a list of zones on how to write them? im getting invalid zone names (put name in full between '' )

also interested in how to have a hotkey to have full group invised if you willing to share :) (have a mage in stead of wiz)

is there a list of zones on how to write them? im getting invalid zone names (put name in full between '' )
There is a list of short one names in the zones.Ini file in your release folder
/travelto shortname like /travelto poknowledge
/travel to "the zone long name" like /travelto "the plane of knowledge"

Because I am too lazy to level my BST, I run mage from point A to point B then CoH. If my travels are multiple zones I just rinse and repeat. Since Jan 7, I have not motored my crew through any zone unless instanced to try and fly under the radar.

also interested in how to have a hotkey to have full group invised if you willing to share :) (have a mage in stead of wiz)

Here is an example using EQBC (ITU+Invis). The character activating the button (line 2) casts Invis with a time (AA), rest of group casts ITU / instant Invis. There is extra stuff in here, but it works. Group configuration and clicker may change this.

/hotbutton invis 5 /multiline ; /bcga //stopsong ; /bcga //twist stop
/hotbutton invis 2:0:/alt act 1210
/hotbutton invis 3:0:/bcg //multiline ; /alt act 1212 ; /alt act 280 ; /alt act 518

Question - "Travel Mode" Tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back