• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Top O' The Morning (1 Viewer)

DragoonRuin

RedCents
53¢
Hello fellow Norrathian adventurers, merchants, and Heathens galore.

I relatively recently returned to Everquest. I left during OoW, and periodically through the Decades, I'd return to EQ for a few weeks/months at a time but life never let me stay for long. Military, family, I'm sure ya'll all know the deal. Now i'm a bit older, life has calmed down a little bit, and i've been able to return to the game, and I've been playing on Mischief server and it has been awesome.

I main a Ranger, Always have since Classic, and I do Box a Shaman with them. Now onto my point, i'm a HORRIBLE Boxer, its all I can do to slow a mob, and throw a heal to the Ranger periodically when I box them.

Questions I have, Does anyone else have success running MQ2 on Mischief. I know PL'ers are VERY PREVALENT on the server, so I assume they all run some Form of MQ2 for their accounts. And I refuse to believe that people running full 6 box groups, and 2 group raids are really running 6+ computers/laptops at a time as effectively as they do.

If I did re-subscribe, are there any good scripts/macro's etc for the Shaman class, because that's ALL i really want, I love playing the Ranger, I jsut want the Shaman to be a good extension of it. I just want the Shammy to Buff/Slow/Cure/Heal etc, etc better than I do so I can play my Ranger!

Thank you everyone for any and all input,

Welcome back!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Okay. Next question,

I did watch the Beginner's videos. They mention the program only works on servers that aren't "Truebox", Mischief IS a true box server. I use two laptops, will the program Not communicate between 2 machines? Does it HAVE to be all accounts on a single computer?
If I can't use it on Mischief, there's not much point in me re-subscribing is the thought i'm having!

Okay. Next question,

I did watch the Beginner's videos. They mention the program only works on servers that aren't "Truebox", Mischief IS a true box server. I use two laptops, will the program Not communicate between 2 machines? Does it HAVE to be all accounts on a single computer?
If I can't use it on Mischief, there's not much point in me re-subscribing is the thought i'm having!
There is IONBC for truebox, but no RG MQ build.

Hrmm, sadly from what i'm reading, and looking into now it doesn't look like my server is gonna be compatible with utilization of RG :-/ That's really a shame to! ./sigh maybe they'll switch it away from Truebox after the next round of TLP's who knows. Thank you everyone for your comments, and suggestions!!! Its all very much appreciated!

Hrmm, sadly from what i'm reading, and looking into now it doesn't look like my server is gonna be compatible with utilization of RG :-/ That's really a shame to! ./sigh maybe they'll switch it away from Truebox after the next round of TLP's who knows. Thank you everyone for your comments, and suggestions!!! Its all very much appreciated!
MQ does not work and is not supported on truebox servers - any flavor (rg, other sites, self compile). trying to force MQ on an unsupported server runs the risk of not having any of the protections that MQ has for you trying to save you from detection. doing so it just a bad idea.

Hello fellow Norrathian adventurers, merchants, and Heathens galore.

I relatively recently returned to Everquest. I left during OoW, and periodically through the Decades, I'd return to EQ for a few weeks/months at a time but life never let me stay for long. Military, family, I'm sure ya'll all know the deal. Now i'm a bit older, life has calmed down a little bit, and i've been able to return to the game, and I've been playing on Mischief server and it has been awesome.
THIS was me in a nutshell as well!

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Question - Top O' The Morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back