• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - TOL New expansion, purchase's (1 Viewer)

You dont get the guild portal in collectors right? need the premium?

Pretty sure that's correct. The guild portal comes with the 2nd highest package (the highest being the really dumb F&F $300-ish fiasco).

One of my guildies bucked up and got the Premium for the guild portal - nice. On my main I got the Collector's edition for the self portal. I figure if each of my top 3 guildies get that we can make a fire. Everyone else will get the cheap version.

Yes I got the basic edition. Did not want to spend the extra money.

But if the expansion is good, I will definitely do the upgrade to premium for all the goodies.

I always start out with three of the cheapies. Nothing else is really worth it to me. Just my opinion. I start with a Tank, Bard and Healer, then I slowly add 3 more at a time till I usually get around 2 full groups. (12 toons). I try to alternate on accounts (30 plus) and get the expansions for the accounts I skipped last time. So the 12 that have cov now wont have the latest till next expansion.
I will max level my toons and always find myself back at the previous expansion anyways to brush up on stuff that may have been difficult at the previous level and there I have 30 plus toons to raid with.
400ish dollars a year is about where I draw the line for eq entertainment. one family pack would blow that budget real quick. With 12 expansions, that puts me at about 1.00 / day for eq entertainment. lol

Biggest thing for me after my box group is my rogue. Collectibles are a solid source of income for a while if you’re on top of it early.

Which reminds me … if you’re sitting around wondering what you can do now to get ready for ToL … go into beta and make freakin perfect Nav meshes. Nothing is more important for using the various collectible farming tools here than a more-than-solid nav mesh.

Which reminds me … if you’re sitting around wondering what you can do now to get ready for ToL … go into beta and make freakin perfect Nav meshes. Nothing is more important for using the various collectible farming tools here than a more-than-solid nav mesh.

Not to hijack, but is there anything we can be doing to get a jump on expansion launch? e.g. I think for TBL beta players knew to get to work on the chase loot achievements, and for the one with Plane of War beta players were farming the stonewood compound bow ingredients.

Not to hijack, but is there anything we can be doing to get a jump on expansion launch? e.g. I think for TBL beta players knew to get to work on the chase loot achievements, and for the one with Plane of War beta players were farming the stonewood compound bow ingredients.
the big rumor has been that the new xpac will have a "tbl style chase or ToV rallos earring style item" that requires achievement points. so I know some folks are going and doing achievements - especially the new ones they've been adding in for hunter.

this is why i added /status achievement to mq2status (you can also check the status of individual achieves, but just "acehivement" will give you your total achievement points

the big rumor has been that the new xpac will have a "tbl style chase or ToV rallos earring style item" that requires achievement points. so I know some folks are going and doing achievements - especially the new ones they've been adding in for hunter.

this is why i added /status achievement to mq2status (you can also check the status of individual achieves, but just "acehivement" will give you your total achievement points

That is a rumor started by a guy on the EQ forums. When I asked him directly for his source he laughed. I haven't seen anything on the beta forums directly stating or indirectly implying such a quest is in the works.

That is a rumor started by a guy on the EQ forums. When I asked him directly for his source he laughed. I haven't seen anything on the beta forums directly stating or indirectly implying such a quest is in the works.
yeah that's why i said rumor. the reality is we don't know anything as fact until they officially say so. even if we have a "reliable source" if it isn't official it can change

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around
i'll take a rumor about some quest over "a friend of a friend who knew a dude who's neighbor's cousin overheard on the subway someone talking about where they heard that dbg is 'listening' to everyone's pin numbers for their debit cards #checkmate banks"

TL;DR, right now there isn't a new quest line... just the same old hero/partisan/merc shit.

i'll take a rumor about some quest over "a friend of a friend who knew a dude who's neighbor's cousin overheard on the subway someone talking about where they heard that dbg is 'listening' to everyone's pin numbers for their debit cards #checkmate banks"
Do you think they can hear us when we talk shit about them?

I've had my theories...

@Sum1 i think I remember hearing another rumor that the speculation came from the way the copy surrounding “new items” was worded on one of the releases. At least compared to previous releases that mention new items.

Back in TBL during beta, did they have anything about the chase items?

They added an achievement for collecting all of the "keys" in the game going all the way back to classic. Anything that can go on your /key keyring. Collect every possible key, get an achieve. I haven't seen anywhere that the achievement is tied to something like an evolving item or anything else beyond it's own achievement.

Can I have your meshes!

I've gotten it for three accounts. I'll be getting it for another four here in the next little bit.
The only one I plan to have an upgrade on is my mage account, so that I have the teleport stone and can coth all my other toons if nec.
Getting around in crystal caverns in the ToV expansion was such a pain.

Not rushing either, I still need to get to 115 first, then I'll think about buying the expansion, I still have so much to catch up on. Just enjoying some of the journey.

New class AAs are out.

or should I say … continuation of old AAs with Jack shit for new stuff.

I will say, though, that if you’re a tank you’re probably happy. All got massive agro generation upgrades.

Thanks for all your thoughts and great information. I think I will get the 70 buck one for my main and the cheap one for the rest, thanks all.

I'm still wondering if 64bit will be on beta when ToL releases? If so, I may want to wait to buy Tol on more accounts until things are stable-ish?

I'm debating holding off...

I'm still wondering if 64bit will be on beta when ToL releases? If so, I may want to wait to buy Tol on more accounts until things are stable-ish?

I'm debating holding off...
Plan is (some dev post in beta forum)
beta server+client 64bit
ToL launch: server(unknown) client 32 bit
After launch:
test: server+client 64bit
live: (unknown time) server+client 64bit

They already slipped on having the server 64bit, it was a miserable amount of client crashing, so they went back to 32bit servers.

Plan is (some dev post in beta forum)
beta server+client 64bit
ToL launch: server(unknown) client 32 bit
After launch:
test: server+client 64bit
live: (unknown time) server+client 64bit

They already slipped on having the server 64bit, it was a miserable amount of client crashing, so they went back to 32bit servers.

Yeah, I can't imagine anything other than date slippage to get the 64bit server/client out.

It's going to be a while. Beta was a clusterfuck for an entire day until they rolled the .exe back to the 32bit version.

Question - TOL New expansion, purchase's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back