• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Thoughts about 6 box setup (1 Viewer)

RedCents
76¢
Well I couldn't stay away. I have returned to EQ for the 100th time, and jumping back into boxing. I have a bard that I have been playing for forever and I would really like to main and drive with him and setup the group around him. I am not aiming for any of the raid content or trying to be a top dps group. Most just want to complete group content and play when I can.

For the setup I was thinking:

SK for main tank
Shm/Clr for heals
Bard for pulling and driving as the boss toon
Wiz ports and dps
Mag pets and coth
Enc mezz slows and other buffs and dps

Any thoughts or concerns with this group setup??

double is overkill, but you have your bases covered, so you'll be fine with this group.

Play what makes you happy (and the same other advice given in similar threads - make sure to read them over)

wiz aren't in super great shape at the moment, and i'd replace one of the CC with either a nec or a beast (for easy if shm, do nec, if clr, do bst) just so you have more IC rezzing before you go the rez stick

Thank you for the quick reply sic. Just out of curiosity, I have been seeing a lot of others steering away from dru. Why is that?? Was almost thinking of replaying the wiz with a dru, but came back to seeing a lot of anti dru.

Thank you for the quick reply sic. Just out of curiosity, I have been seeing a lot of others steering away from dru. Why is that?? Was almost thinking of replaying the wiz with a dru, but came back to seeing a lot of anti dru.
Druids are in a weird spot right now. Their healing is OK, their DoTs and DDs are OK, but they're not as effective as other classes doing the same thing. SHM have outperformed DRU for healing for a long time now and many other classes out-DPS DRU's. With the increasing availability of ports through in-game resources (guild hall, for example), DRU are sort of lagging behind when it comes to utility. Add to it that they're also super mana-hungry and there's not much to be said for a DRU right now.

TL;DR: Daybreak forgot about druids for a few years, so now they're not as good at doing any one thing as other classes and they're certainly not as good at doing lots of things.

Druids are in a weird spot right now. Their healing is OK, their DoTs and DDs are OK, but they're not as effective as other classes doing the same thing. SHM have outperformed DRU for healing for a long time now and many other classes out-DPS DRU's. With the increasing availability of ports through in-game resources (guild hall, for example), DRU are sort of lagging behind when it comes to utility. Add to it that they're also super mana-hungry and there's not much to be said for a DRU right now.

TL;DR: Daybreak forgot about druids for a few years, so now they're not as good at doing any one thing as other classes and they're certainly not as good at doing lots of things.
heh *many other classes out-DPS DRU's.* no.. maybe a necro in a 5 min+ fight, or a rogue on human targets. Druids heal and dps quite well, just not alot of good automation options.

Well I couldn't stay away. I have returned to EQ for the 100th time, and jumping back into boxing. I have a bard that I have been playing for forever and I would really like to main and drive with him and setup the group around him. I am not aiming for any of the raid content or trying to be a top dps group. Most just want to complete group content and play when I can.

For the setup I was thinking:

SK for main tank
Shm/Clr for heals
Bard for pulling and driving as the boss toon
Wiz ports and dps
Mag pets and coth
Enc mezz slows and other buffs and dps

Any thoughts or concerns with this group setup??
I just started a pal,clr,enc,ber,dru,mag team im really enjoying it so far

I started with a group of SK/CLR/ENC/WIZ/MAG/NEC. I’ve ended up pulling out the wiz for a fresh BST I PLed at the start of the week.
I love WIZ but man their damage is kinda rough. My WIZ had about 10k more AA than my MAG and typically lost the damage with him battle even on short fights. So far I don’t miss the ports, guild hall, gate/potions, campfire, and POK are working well for me; however I still have the WIZ sitting in POK incase I need a port to someplace specific.
If you are putting in a WIZ because you love them then go for it.

SK/ENC have been a great combo for me. I was in howling stones heading to PL the BST and unknown to me my cleric got stuck. Had a big face pull around a corner and BST/NEC/MAG fell quick. After it got mezzed my SK just picked them all off without losing really any life; I’m thinking I’m lucky my CLR is alive, but think it’s weird that nobody has been rezed yet. I tab over to her and see her stuck running into a wall, she was never with my group. It was all the SK/ENC duo. Would highly recommend.

Dont give up on the Wizard and druid classes. I'm sure in the next expansion someone at DPG will re-balance something and WIzards will be back to the top of the Parse, and Druids wont be running OOM after a 20 second fight.

Just for the record - ive been saying this since ROF!

Dont give up on the Wizard and druid classes. I'm sure in the next expansion someone at DPG will re-balance something and WIzards will be back to the top of the Parse, and Druids wont be running OOM after a 20 second fight.

Just for the record - ive been saying this since ROF!

Guess I'm super screwed as I run both. I sure hope your vision is right. Holding strong until then.

Question - Thoughts about 6 box setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back