• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Thinking of Returning - Hardware Requirements (1 Viewer)

RedCents
141¢
My brother and I are contemplating returning to EQ with MQ. We’d like to run 4 groups each and tackle some old raid content, so I thought I’d put it out there...

How much RAM and how powerful of a card would you recommend to be able to run this smoothly?

You buying pre built or building your own?

I run 12-18 on a very old computer - but it does have 6 cores and the OS is on the SSD to free up EQ to have the hard drive

You buying pre built or building your own?

I run 12-18 on a very old computer - but it does have 6 cores and the OS is on the SSD to free up EQ to have the hard drive
It will most likely be prebuilt.

I am also looking and saw some nice Cyberpower ones at Best Buy. But they went out of stock before I could buy one. Still looking but I am not wanting to spend $1000 or more so it really limits what is out there.

I composed a build for my computer guy (otherwise known as my son) but it turned out to be just as expensive as the pre built ones.

I am also looking and saw some nice Cyberpower ones at Best Buy. But they went out of stock before I could buy one. Still looking but I am not wanting to spend $1000 or more so it really limits what is out there.

I composed a build for my computer guy (otherwise known as my son) but it turned out to be just as expensive as the pre built ones.
Yeah, unfortunately buidling your own is more of a labor of love than a money saver These days. its unfortunate but whatcha gonna do? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, unfortunately buidling your own is more of a labor of love than a money saver These days. its unfortunate but whatcha gonna do? 🤷‍♂️
100%.. i do it because i like to.. it saves nothing.. i run 24 (sometimes a couple more) on my 6 month old box fine.
32G ram, 512G SSD, ATI 5700 thicc, amd gen 3 ryzeon 5300? not at home, but it ran 24 a little clunky but ok.. MQ2EQwire took it from 70% ish load down to 30% ish load..

My system is slightly dated to current standards - but I run 18 accounts (3 full teams) at the same time in EQ live + one account in P99 or SWG + youtube / netflix on the following - i7-6850k @ 3.6Ghz w/liquid cooling, 32GB, on an SSD, pushed on a 1080 GTX. I also run MQ2EQwire to make it more efficient.

My system is slightly dated to current standards - but I run 18 accounts (3 full teams) at the same time in EQ live + one account in P99 or SWG + youtube / netflix on the following - i7-6850k @ 3.6Ghz w/liquid cooling, 32GB, on an SSD, pushed on a 1080 GTX. I also run MQ2EQwire to make it more efficient.
Lol slightly dated with liquid cooling? That still sounds so futuristic to me.

Lol slightly dated with liquid cooling? That still sounds so futuristic to me.

my rig sits on my desk behind my wall of screens - if I used a normal fan for the processor it would scream demons :( The little extra investment to me was worth it. It is a pre-fab closed loop system that I do not have to add to or monitor.

IRL - Thinking of Returning - Hardware Requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back