• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Think I'm OMW out the door. (1 Viewer)

Tappin

RedCents
440¢
Anyone else, after all these years, finally get tired of this game? I am not burned from overplaying, I burned from all the constant bugs, server crashes, and just lack of any well thought out content. I love to raid, but even that isn’t fun anymore. They copy + paste old raid scrips loaded with bugs and they put very little to no effort into fixing them. Blame anything and everyone beside themselves for the current status of the game. The devs often post snarky comments on the forums that don’t listen to the community, because the community never wants what they want. It’s just getting old and maybe I am just getting older and don’t give a crap anymore.

I gave you a recent, not because I'm feeling this way about EQ, but because I think its something most current players feel for a time. And we all get older and crave for different or better things in life. Cannonball's message is well put, just give it a break...after all..you are not JUST an EQ player, your a RedGuides member, I take some pride in that cause I like being here. When you're ready, just come here and say hey Redfrog, I'm ready can you Redcent me.

Well, if you take a break do it soon because beta will be out (maybe, hopefully) in 2-3 months.

I have been back and forth in this game since it launched in 99. As much as I love the title, and its variants, it's still good to step away for a minute and either go AFK a bit or try another title. I always end up back at some point, but it's not just the game. It's the community around EQ that brings me back. Mostly the RG folks.

Anyone else, after all these years, finally get tired of this game? I am not burned from overplaying, I burned from all the constant bugs, server crashes, and just lack of any well thought out content. I love to raid, but even that isn’t fun anymore. They copy + paste old raid scrips loaded with bugs and they put very little to no effort into fixing them. Blame anything and everyone beside themselves for the current status of the game. The devs often post snarky comments on the forums that don’t listen to the community, because the community never wants what they want. It’s just getting old and maybe I am just getting older and don’t give a crap anymore.
I feel this way a few times a year. In fact, I spend more time on break than I spend playing. I'm about to return for the next few weeks - I'm sure I'll duck out again for D2R. Just played the BETA this weekend and it was a ton of fun.

I started in very early 99. Stopped playing (not quit) for a few years as I was winning ALOT of money playing online poker so my time online was spent playing tourneys....then...they pulled the plug and guess what? I went back to EQ. Went back to raiding and eventually quit raiding once and for all. About 5 years ago I believe. All end game guilds. Started enjoying quests and thanks to MQ I found alot to immerse myself in. Then not too long ago I met a girl, left my gf of 10 years and during that year I didnt play much at all, just didnt have the desire, or the time as I was all up in that stuff. Now that the dust has settled though, I am back slowly at it again. It's an escape, a place your mind can detach.

I only tell you all this OP because you will be back...and we will be here waiting.....<3

I've been not boxing and patiently waiting to see what they are going to implement, but if I can't box, I most likely won't play and I'm not having fun looking over my shoulder all the time or expecting every time I log in to possibly see a suspension message.

I've been not boxing and patiently waiting to see what they are going to implement, but if I can't box, I most likely won't play and I'm not having fun looking over my shoulder all the time or expecting every time I log in to possibly see a suspension message.
You can box manually. Have not heard of any one who is doing manual box get suspended/banned. But have heard of players boxing quite a few characters without "help". Yes, it is cumbersome and takes skill and patience and you have to work at it.

Unless your on a server that forbids it.

The cure is to load the original starcraft and broodwars and play them from the start with no cheat codes. Then work your way forward to Myth I and Myth II...then Starcraft II...maybe a little sacrifice...then return and you'll be as good as new :f5:;)

The cure is to load the original starcraft and broodwars and play them from the start with no cheat codes. Then work your way forward to Myth I and Myth II...then Starcraft II...maybe a little sacrifice...then return and you'll be as good as new :f5:;)
I usually do a few months of Diablo 2, a few games of Starcraft, and a month or so of World of Warcraft. Then I come on back >_<

I stopped playing Everquest over 2 years ago. Still love it and the community here. I just want an MMO game world with some life to it to run around in solo. I played the last week of New World's beta and it was pretty good. Not sure I can really solo that and get far. I started a new character on EQ2 to pass the time till NW release and they made a lot of changes. I was expecting to start again on Newbie Island, but there are multiple starting points now. Not as polished as Newbie Island though. I've been enjoying running around and just doing quest. The mercenary I got is ridiculous. It's like having a full on group. That thing far out DPS me and heals. I get attacked and before I can react, the merc already killed it. I'm fighting yellow cons on the reg. Thought merc might have problems with red con, nope.....killed those easily. I am very tempted to cancel my New World pre-order and just play EQ2.

I think it's natural to need breaks. I mean, a vast majority of old timers came back when covid stuck us in our houses and we weren't sure where to escape. I just took a momentary one myself, not because the game has worn thin. I'm just spread too thin and there isn't the time I can spend not being invested in life activities. I'm just now seeing some spare time that I can lose into the game, so I'll go back. Rest up, do some living, relax, the game oddly enough is still here, some of the people may be gone, but the content will be there just as it was and just as it will be. Enjoy yourself :)

EQ2 is still around? HAH! I remember my brother trying to get me to play that with him after he got me hooked on EQ1. It sounded boring..."you can build your house and stuff" he told me. Yeah no thanks hehe! To each there own though.

IRL - Think I'm OMW out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back