• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

the bag duping (1 Viewer)

Yes its hit a few that ive heard of. 3 friends that i know of for sure. Looks like its sparatic too. Dont know if they are done with the suspensions or not, but i know that one of my friends got hit 2 days ago

I setup a buyer in bazaar for bags and have recived many. I hope they don't bust me just for buying them. been buying the lether harversacks 5keach.

rofl. then yer prolly screwed. If someone sells you a duped bag, chances are their gonna find out and possibly gank yer bags, plat and roll you back. depends on how nice they wanna be about it I guess. your not actually duping, but your 'recieving" (most likely) duped property. (recalls last major rollback after soe dumped vendors in pok with cheap shyt on em... all I did was hand an item to a friend I had in my bank, never even looked at the vendors, they were gone before I logged in, wasn't anything purchased from them, but he had bought shyt from them and I got rolled back for being in 'contact' with him.) <--- yeah. pissed me off so much I dumped 8 accounts and didn't come back to the game until recently, and even then only reactivated two of the accounts.

~Dragon

Its like the time I bought that DVD player and it turned out it was stolen. Damn cops took my DVD player and didnt give me no money or anything back. All i got was a nice screw in the a@@ with no lube

so far no trouble with any of my alts for bag duping. Maybe I didn't dupe enough to attract any attention and then left most of them on a corpse to "hide" them.

As I understand, SOE was going after the dupers themselves and not any other player who may have bought or traded for duped bags since it'd be too much trouble to properly reverse every transaction and a mass rollback fiasco of 2 years ago kept SOE from doing it again So if you shuffled the bags through toons and/or hid them on a corpse, you may slip under their radar and be OK.

I do know a few sellers on Maelin who had "lots" of cheap bags who then mysteriously disappeared and was never heard since then. I did warn in my original bag duping post not to be greedy. Guess some of them had higher definition of "greed" than a couple hundred AAAA for under 100k each.

The bag economy on Maelin is somewhat normal in term of quantity available but the tae ew hide sacks and AAAA have been selling cheap for a while now. Of the original duped batch, I still got about 30 tae ew hide sacks and 20 leatherfoot haversacks left to unload.

SoS if a guy opens his trunk and the only thing he has is a DVD player that just means he needs more money for rock. =). But I had a similar thing used to live in a small town in Florida and the cops showed up one day after my band played a show and took my guitar the guy I bought from apparently stole it..... Now that was fun.

I started up new titanium acct. with key code that I've had for awhile. Only duped with this acct. and immediately deleted the toon I did the duping with after bags were transferred. I then spread the duped stuff around 3 accts and so far so good. I also did all of the duping late night, early morning. Hopefully this will keep me untouched when all is said and done.
Am planning on holding onto most of inventory for quite some time, hopefully demand and prices will go back up a bit hehe.

I'm almost out of my supply of duped bags and still no sign of rollback, suspension, or anything at all. I did notice almost 20 total AAAA for 150k or less, most of them by various sellers I'm not familiar with and I'm pretty sure those were duped.

So far only 1 regular seller has leatherfoot haversack and I know that player makes em, he's been making and selling long before SOE accidently added the duping bug. And finally Tae Ew Hide bags, I think there's only 1 person beside me that got away with duped tae ew bags, the 2 other I knew makes em and sells em for too much.

I think there were too many dupings and sony didn't want to risk the fallout of a complete server reset. As far as I know, no one has been rolled back, and only a couple obvious dupers got suspended or banned while the bug was still active. I think it's safe to say there will be no more repercussions at this point.

I didn't get greedy with this at all, just made bags for toons I play, on 2 different accounts. Didn't even use the token chick in the Baz. I also did all my duping in the wee hours of the morning, so that may have helped as well. No actions taken against my accounts at all.

Well my Rog account got hit for bag dupe. I only played him to get bags for him. I tried to log on and couldnt. Contacted SOE and they told me it was for useing a in game exploit. I made him a full set a sacks and gave him 2 AAAA's for future combines. made enough for a lowbie toon as well. I knew i shouldnt of used that dang vendor in freeport.

My other accounts are fine tho /boggle.

Made them on him. I transfered 2 to him of course then duped. I just found out 2 days ago. but havent played him in 2 weeks so... who knows when the suspension/ban was

Still waiting to see. I duped like 200 Haversacks over 5 accounts. Put a haversack in every bank and inventory slot of every toon I own. Havnet heard a peep about suspension or ban or even a warning. Maybe the hammer is poised over my head ready to drop. /pray

It seems like only those who were caught in the actual duping are booted, if you weren't caught before the patch you may be safe.

I still see insane number of AAAA in bazaar . Tae Ew Hide sack is very cheap even though there aren't many of them on Maelin. So far only 1 seller regularly had Leatherfoot Haversack and as I mentioned before, he's had it before the duping bug.

had it before the bug? or knew about the bug but was a smart cookie. words to ponder my friend.......... cant wait for another aa bug though =P would be awesome to blow out another 3k aa in a night

He's been selling the bag for over a year so yeah defiantly before the bug. He does have a high level halfling tailor to make leatherfoot haversack.

the bag duping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back