• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Thank you and Question (1 Viewer)

Blazin

RedCents
55¢
Had not played EQ in a good number of years and had tried ISboxer previously and got worn out on trying to run 6 tunes from one UI, figured I'd come back and try mq2 after all these years of hearing about it. (20yrs of on and off EQ) I'm still a complete neophyte but have enjoyed having group mates operate more like mercs with more depth and the more surprising aspect of enjoying fine tuning KISSassist . Have spent hours, at times frustrated, but it's been fun min/max'ing their set ups. So thank you to everyone who has contributed .

The biggest feature that I could see never wanting to come back from is such dramatically improved following and navigation, such a frustrating feature in EQ

One issue I've had that I couldn't find posted is mq2 crashing when a character logs out. It doesn't do it every time but it is still fairly often and I have tried to figure out what is triggering it. When it does this it kicks that account to log in screen. I'll try to relog in and it will fail the first time (every single time) then work the second. (I think this part may be more related to EQ than to MQ2) . Does logging out with kissassist mac running cause issue? fast camp cause issue?

One issue I've had that I couldn't find posted is mq2 crashing when a character logs out. It doesn't do it every time but it is still fairly often and I have tried to figure out what is triggering it. When it does this it kicks that account to log in screen. I'll try to relog in and it will fail the first time (every single time) then work the second. (I think this part may be more related to EQ than to MQ2) . Does logging out with kissassist mac running cause issue? fast camp cause issue?

I have toons running on KA, without anything, and with plugins, and this tends to happen randomly to all of them at some point with no real consistency. This is not to say that you may have a setting causing it on your end.

I can avoid similar logout crashes if I stagger logouts at least 4 seconds apart. Seems to be contention between client char select screens that contributes to the crash.

You also can crash if macros are running. Best to always do /end prior to camping.

I can avoid similar logout crashes if I stagger logouts at least 4 seconds apart. Seems to be contention between client char select screens that contributes to the crash.

You also can crash if macros are running. Best to always do /end prior to camping.

I had considered that might be it, as I seem to get a lot more crashes from a /bcga //camp

That is the same as //camp desktop right? totally closes out? That's not an issue, it's doing quick character swaps on a buff account when the problem gets annoying.
ah, yeah it closes down the program completely for all the toons I have open.

I generally don't have a need to camp to swap so this is quicker for me.

Last edited:
I had considered that might be it, as I seem to get a lot more crashes from a /bcga //camp
Check your antivirus active scanning. Happens to me when McCoffee (i know it's McCafee but that's funier) does it's thing

Here's a visual of my logout procedure

giphy.gif

There is a fix request in for it on the official forums. Short version, they wanted people to log in and out as needed, but authinication server side is junk, and forces you to relog.. MQ crashes when the login geeks...

Question - Thank you and Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back