• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Test Update 02/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions (1 Viewer)

LorDeth

<<NO GIF ATTACHED>>
RedCents
1,528¢
Test update today at 2:00pm (PST)

February 09, 2021

*** Items ***

- Marionette puppet familiars can now be placed in real estate without looking like a brown bag.
- Augments purchased from Tanin Gleamstone in Western Wastes can now be sold back to him for a fraction of the purchase price.
- Corrected AC values for caster 2-handed blunt weapons.
- Claws of Veeshan augments now have the correct Lore and Lore Equip groups attached.
- Merchants that sell the 'Tracker's Water Extractor' will now carry an unlimited stock of this item.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Aaryonar Raid - Made a speculative fix to a reported issue that would cause Grolik to lock his hit points.
- Paladin and Rogue Epic: Reduced the respawn time for the Oracle of K'Arnon from about 7 hours to 2 hours.
- Paladin Epic: Lich of Miragul will now spawn thirty-five hours after being killed. There will now be a delay for between five and fourteen hours before it will spawn for the first time.
- Druid and Ranger Epic: Venril Sathir's remains will spawn every twenty hours instead of just over twenty-six hours. This will increase the window to access this NPC for quest hand-ins.
- Magician Epic: Undertow (and its placeholder) will spawn every six hours instead of just over seven hours.
- Monk Epic changes:
- - Increased the chance for Targin the Rock from 5 percent to 15 percent and Raster of Guk from 2 percent to 10 percent.
- - Brother Zephyr, Brother Qwinn, Ran'un, Brother Velan Torresk, and Thena Lonnes have grown in strength. They are much more dangerous. Also, persons killing these folks will be greatly disliked by monk factions.
- Rogue Epic changes:
- - Eldreth will now return after leaving for one hour rather than eight. He can no longer be killed by miscreants.
- - Founy Jesthands and Tani N'Mar will no longer have any parchment on their corpses if killed. They will, however, always have them in their pockets if someone happens to be clever enough to take them.
- - Renux Heranor will no longer carry a Jagged Diamond Dagger.
- - General V'ghera will no longer carry a Cazic Quill.
- - Karg IceBear will be a bit easier to find and will be carrying the Gigantic Zweihander more often.
- Enchanter Epic changes:
- - Vessel Drozlin and Wraith of Shissar will now respawn nine hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
- - Verina Tomb will now respawn thirteen hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
- - The One Key, Lost Scroll, and Charm and Sacrifice have had their respawn time reduced from twenty-four to five hours.
- Shadowknight epic changes:
- - Caradon will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after a zone or server reset.
- - Lhranc will now spawn 13 hours after being killed and from five to fifteen hours after a zone or server reset.
- - NPCs involved in the quest for Innoruuk's Curse can now see things that are invisible. They will only deal with people they like.
- Wizard Epic: Broken golem will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from four to twelve hours after a zone or server reset.

*** Spells ***

- Beastlord - Auspice of Kildrukaun Rk. II and Rk. III can now be selected as rewards from the Lesser Bloodmarked Velium Gem and Lesser Dragontouched Rune, respectively.

*** NPCs ***

- All wares sold by Morton Stonebreaker in Western Wastes have had a pricing decrease.

*** Overseer ***

- Changed how Overseer quests load and save as a speculative fix to the bug where Overseer quests sometimes disappear. As part of this change, all Overseer Active Quests have been deleted. For the inconvenience, all players who have used Overseer before should have an Overseer Agent Pack available to you in /itemoverflow.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Made the following changes to guild halls to prevent them from being removed when a player deletes their character or server transfers:
- - Placed guild halls no longer have an item owner, instead, they are owned by the guild.
- - Only the guild leader will be able to put a placed guildhall in their inventory.
- - Anyone with Move-Item access will be able to adjust a guild hall's placement.
- Activated combat skills (ex: kick, bash) with reuse times affected by haste or slow effects can now only be slowed to a maximum of 2x their base reuse time.
- - This ensures that skills activated while you are heavily slowed will no longer be locked out for exceptionally long periods of time.
- Marketplace - Corrected an issue where additional Mount Key Ring Slots were not visible for purchase.
- Fixed a bug that caused group invites to someone that has a shortened version of your name to not function.

- The EverQuest Team

Last edited:
Fixed a bug that caused group invites to someone that has a shortened version of your name to not function.

OMG..this has been driving me batty. I thought it was a custom UI issue. Something to look forward to in the patch!

Doesnt seem much else of worth in the patch...Fixes to epics that should have been fixed 15+ years ago.

Why did they change the owner of the guild hall? Now its going to be owned by the guild but only the guild leader can put it in inventory so its like its owned by the leader. So confused.

The epic stuff.. wtf? Is that because of tlp, or is there something in the works? I won’t get my hopes up

The epic stuff.. wtf? Is that because of tlp, or is there something in the works? I won’t get my hopes up

yeah i was a bit surprised at this.. since this stuff is so old, why look at it now? I can only guess like you say, TLP maybe?

Always have to look at the bright side, at least they weren't mucking up stuff that could be serious, you know, like fixing the lag problems!

Honestly I don’t know how FV people deal with it. I play on test mostly but buy items on FV and I can’t believe how laggy it is sometimes. It would absolutely drive me nuts dealing with that.

[
why's that?
someone on the official DB forum thinks that people will farm the type 5 augs so they can sell them to the vendor for the expansion currency. EXCEPT the notes specifically state that the guy will buy back augs purchased from him. It does not mention buying dropped augments.

Edit: Apparently the guy tested it and the vendor is buying dropped augments.

1612986249551.png

Glad I decided to finally do the SK epic 1.0. Guess they're fixing the invis before turn-in trick.

Man...I could've used those respawn time changes though. Lhranc took 3 days to finally pop for me.

so weird all this time later making those epic changes
Maybe it is because of TLP servers? And it’s small easy changes they can do rather than the real work of making a rogue/wizard hybrid class that drops columns of PAIN while secretly shadow stepping from one corner of a dark room to another.

Maybe it is because of TLP servers? And it’s small easy changes they can do rather than the real work of making a rogue/wizard hybrid class that drops columns of PAIN while secretly shadow stepping from one corner of a dark room to another.
undoubtedly cause of TLP. so many changes get made because of TLP stuff

[

someone on the official DB forum thinks that people will farm the type 5 augs so they can sell them to the vendor for the expansion currency. EXCEPT the notes specifically state that the guy will buy back augs purchased from him. It does not mention buying dropped augments.

These things already don't drop very often, so factor that into the fact that the reward received from selling them back will be a fraction of their purchase cost and these camps, if they do see a spike in activity post-patch, will quickly fall back to normal levels. This isn't a big deal... I guarantee you the fastest way to get your augs is to continue to farm the missions and then farm the camps of the augs you want in between missions.

Last edited:
Biggest concerns I see (that no one is talking about here) is:

- Claws of Veeshan augments now have the correct Lore and Lore Equip groups attached.

Is this going to fuck everyone who is currently using 3 out of the 4 CoV TS augs?

- All wares sold by Morton Stonebreaker in Western Wastes have had a pricing decrease.

Yay! The raid prices for gear on the merchant were INSANE. Even this price drop isn't enough, IMO (assuming what eqresource has is post-price nerf).

[

Why would you do that. Can you buy something else than those typ 5 augments with the "Restless Mark" ?

Why would you do that. Can you buy something else than those typ 5 augments with the "Restless Mark" ?
Just a bag as far as I know. But I guess since you can run the missions a limited time per day your currency is limited per day. But if you are camping and farming aug drops from named mobs it is safer and easier to get.

Just a bag as far as I know. But I guess since you can run the missions a limited time per day your currency is limited per day. But if you are camping and farming aug drops from named mobs it is safer and easier to get.

It's not "easier" given named spawn rates and how rarely the augs drop from said mobs. I think this will be a non-issue.

It's not "easier" given named spawn rates and how rarely the augs drop from said mobs. I think this will be a non-issue.

So it sort of depends on your box ability and regular group make-up. For those who can’t box the missions (lot can’t do more than zlandi / vulak) I could see see some people like that or frankly the general population taking the far longer path of the type 5 selling.

Me personally I’ll just keep at my round of 4 missions (little over an hour) twice a day and Have all augs I need soon.

Just out of curiosity, why does it take so long to get Test server patched? Live server patch always happens same day as patch, test server seems to take nearly a week. I realize that the patching process is complicated, but what is the reason for the disparity in patch times?

Just out of curiosity, why does it take so long to get Test server patched? Live server patch always happens same day as patch, test server seems to take nearly a week. I realize that the patching process is complicated, but what is the reason for the disparity in patch times?

Live server patch is the test patch. So even if some slight changes they’ve done a lot of the work ahead of time.

Live server patch is the test patch. So even if some slight changes they’ve done a lot of the work ahead of time.
Thanks. I realize that the Live servers are the priority, and Redguides does an outstanding job of updating them expeditiously. I shifted my guys to Test a couple of weeks ago so I only recently became aware of the extended patching window.

Thanks. I realize that the Live servers are the priority, and Redguides does an outstanding job of updating them expeditiously. I shifted my guys to Test a couple of weeks ago so I only recently became aware of the extended patching window.
its not that live is the priority - its that test usually moves to live which gives extra time for any changes to be "figured out" ahead of time, so then its just matching stuff up later on instead of starting from scratch

Is this going to fuck everyone who is currently using 3 out of the 4 CoV TS augs?
Right now, the weapon augs that convert to have weapon procs or sympathetic procs once you complete CoV challenger are on the same lore group as their ToV counterparts. They're supposed to have their own lore group so that you can have both CoV and ToV weapon augs. I doubt this will affect type 7/8 tradeskill augs.

Yeah confusing as all f**k. I just deleted a bunch of velium infused gems of devastation and striking. Sigh. Off to the tradeskill bench after the patch.

Realistically, I only care about being able to wield both on my robe casters.

Yeah confusing as all f**k. I just deleted a bunch of velium infused gems of devastation and striking. Sigh. Off to the tradeskill bench after the patch.

Realistically, I only care about being able to wield both on my robe casters.
Unfortunately, a lot of people did this and destroyed the ToV aug.

IRL - Test Update 02/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back