• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12) (1 Viewer)

INI:
Level your hero up to the new limit of 120. Learn new spells, combat abilities, and AAs, and then prove your worth to receive new unique items.

Level cap increase
Spells and AAs (counts, over 700)
3 unique items?
Unique Items?

INI:
Level your hero up to the new limit of 120. Learn new spells, combat abilities, and AAs, and then prove your worth to receive new unique items.

Level cap increase
Spells and AAs (counts, over 700)
3 unique items?
Unique Items?

Not actually unique items.. just copies/pastes with slightly higher numbers.

Long-term, any thoughts one how many expansions they will get out of Luclin? I count 25 original zones. Easily three, but maybe four (with a couple new zone supplements per expansion)?

Long-term, any thoughts one how many expansions they will get out of Luclin? I count 25 original zones. Easily three, but maybe four (with a couple new zone supplements per expansion)?
probably 2, but i think they could do 3 solid or 4 mostly solid / kick ass expansions

This summarizes every item in every MMO.

I mean, we used to get NEW shit with expansions. New systems, new ways of doing things.... we don't get jack shit anymore. At least TBL had evolving items and ToV (eventually) had the earring quest. What the hell did CoV give us?

You bet your ass they're working overtime to get those Perks up and running... they can see those dollar signs they'll be losing at expansion launch without them activated.

I am really excited about this.

What I look for most, is new content. Would like to see 1 or more new evolving items.

I want to see how the story unfolds via new partisan and mercenary quests. I also hope the missions are challenging in new and unique ways, and provide enough missions to satisfy a year between new content.

After 20 years, I am happy with more content, QoL and class balance changes. I feel at this point new systems, abilities start to blur the lines between class uniqueness.

But if they are going to do one thing - fix wizards. If not, offer wizards a free class change with last expansions T1 gear and even older augs to ANY other class - and it would be an upgrade to DPS.

the art work is amazing (after tov and cov not hard to do), zones so far seem ok. no melee worn focus upgrade, but casters *flavor* focus get 10% base (fire/cold/ect). Hstat augs went back to primary, secondary and leftover (HSTA, then Hagi/int/wis/cha, last stat is dex/str for example). also went up 13? instead of 10.. all beta # so can change. Nothing so far see's SoS2, rares + see invis? did 1.5 quest, both had go to X loc and X loc so alot of walking.. havent done missions or raids, going to try to get something going for missions tonight.

PS no zone keying? but VT still takes keys to get to the towers/upper floors.

How do you all buy expansions for your armies? I've just done normal individual $35 versions for each account in the past, but didn't know if there was a more efficient/economical way.

Any of you all get into beta raiding? Curious how many raids your guilds have on the schedule right now.

This is some seriously lazy presentation. Get one of the gfx designers to do a side-by-side comparison, some screenshots, etc... at least and let us know WTF we are ordering. I'm very low maintenance but this is sloppy and has me hesitant to ordering.

_______

EverQuest: Terror of Luclin is available for $34.99 USD. The Collector's, Premium, and Family & Friends Editions, which include several in-game bonus items, is available for $69.99, $139.99, and $249.99 USD respectively.

For all editions, pre-order now and get the Shadow Weapon Ornament and access to the beta server!

Collector's Edition (Standard Edition plus):

• Contract of the Stonegrabber (for every character)
  • Umbral Plains Mushroom (for every character)
  • Goblet of Adventure III x 2
  • Terror of Luclin Painting
  • Bloodbound Satchel
  • Zelniak Saddle
  • Metamorph Wand – Lightcrawler
  • Teleport Item Key Ring Slots (5 Slot Packs) x 9
Premium Edition (Collector's Edition plus):

• Umbral Plains Scrying Bowl (for every character)
  • Bloodbound Satchel
  • Ten Perfected Augmentation Distillers x 2
  • Shared Goblet of Adventure III x 2
  • Owlbear Saddle
  • Metamorph Wand – Rockhopper
  • Visage of the Akheva
Friends & Family Edition (Premium Edition plus):

• Bloodbound Satchel
  • Tradable: Terror of Luclin
  • Tradable: Heroic Character
  • Tradable: Zelniak Saddle
  • Tradable: Owlbear Saddle
  • Tradable: Teleport Item Key Ring Slots (5 Slot Packs) x 9
  • Overseer Pack x 30
  • Halfling Heritage Crate x 5

Last edited:
How do you all buy expansions for your armies? I've just done normal individual $35 versions for each account in the past, but didn't know if there was a more efficient/economical way.
That’s the most cost efficient way. The only other one that you get more for is the Friends and Family and that only is better if you were going to buy all the stuff in it anyway.

That’s the most cost efficient way. The only other one that you get more for is the Friends and Family and that only is better if you were going to buy all the stuff in it anyway.
If the expansion comes with a portal clicky for the collectors edition I will buy three of them for my tank/healer/mage. The rest I will get the lowest package. It costs a lot, but it saves me a ton of time navigating expansions. I can just port three and drop a campfire / port the rest.

I have a porter, but I usually do buy for the statue for the guild hall. But I still wouldn’t recommend friends and family under that circumstance.

I cannot say this is for certain, but I seem to recall that preorders were slightly less expensive than at full release price. Is the current $34.99 'Full'/normal price?

I cannot say this is for certain, but I seem to recall that preorders were slightly less expensive than at full release price. Is the current $34.99 'Full'/normal price?

Yes, that price never changes.

Also, if you're gold when you order the expansion the price drops to a bit over $31.00 (before taxes).

Does consuming a krono make you gold for store discounts or is that subscribed only? I know (read: think) you only get the monthly store cash if you're subbed, right?

Does consuming a krono make you gold for store discounts or is that subscribed only? I know (read: think) you only get the monthly store cash if you're subbed, right?

Yes; krono count as if you were paying the monthly sub with a cc.

But if they are going to do one thing - fix wizards. If not, offer wizards a free class change with last expansions T1 gear and even older augs to ANY other class - and it would be an upgrade to DPS.
Took them more than 4 years to finally get necro's desirable again. Wizards is in year 1.

This is some seriously lazy presentation. Get one of the gfx designers to do a side-by-side comparison, some screenshots, etc... at least and let us know WTF we are ordering. I'm very low maintenance but this is sloppy and has me hesitant to ordering.

_______

EverQuest: Terror of Luclin is available for $34.99 USD. The Collector's, Premium, and Family & Friends Editions, which include several in-game bonus items, is available for $69.99, $139.99, and $249.99 USD respectively.

For all editions, pre-order now and get the Shadow Weapon Ornament and access to the beta server!

Collector's Edition (Standard Edition plus):

• Contract of the Stonegrabber (for every character)
  • Umbral Plains Mushroom (for every character)
  • Goblet of Adventure III x 2
  • Terror of Luclin Painting
  • Bloodbound Satchel
  • Zelniak Saddle
  • Metamorph Wand – Lightcrawler
  • Teleport Item Key Ring Slots (5 Slot Packs) x 9
Premium Edition (Collector's Edition plus):

• Umbral Plains Scrying Bowl (for every character)
  • Bloodbound Satchel
  • Ten Perfected Augmentation Distillers x 2
  • Owlbear Saddle
  • Metamorph Wand – Rockhopper
  • Visage of the Akheva
Friends & Family Edition (Premium Edition plus):

• Bloodbound Satchel
  • Tradable: Terror of Luclin
  • Tradable: Heroic Character
  • Tradable: Zelniak Saddle
  • Tradable: Owlbear Saddle
  • Tradable: Teleport Item Key Ring Slots (5 Slot Packs) x 9
  • Overseer Pack x 30
  • Halfling Heritage Crate x 5

Update, I got an email and the link provided had images and videos of the content you receive.

Do we see a drastically stats increase on the gear now? Like Raid gear stats from ToV is the new FTP gear in ToL? EM will be at +XXX? Pet level 118?

Does that gonna make all Sum chase loot worthless?

Time will tell.

Do we see a drastically stats increase on the gear now? Like Raid gear stats from ToV is the new FTP gear in ToL? EM will be at +XXX? Pet level 118?

Does that gonna make all Sum chase loot worthless?

Time will tell.
chase loot in raw stats will be worthless, we should be seeing new chase loots (tov stats, cov/tov chase loots is tbl)

raid ts gear +2k hp
1634150953068.png
raid pet ear focus 30
1634151680704.png

here is a group ts gear item
1634150595691.png

group f2p pet ear focus 23 (notice the req level at 115)
1634151409570.png

group t2 pet ear focus 24
1634151504857.png
group ts ear focus 24
1634151565386.png

Looks like pet focus went 1 level higher across the board.

Last edited:
chase loot in raw stats will be worthless, we should be seeing new chase loots (tov stats, cov/tov chase loots is tbl)

raid ts gear +2k hp
View attachment 33945
raid pet ear focus 30
View attachment 33949

here is a group ts gear item
View attachment 33944

group f2p pet ear focus 23 (notice the req level at 115)
View attachment 33946

group t2 pet ear focus 24
View attachment 33947
group ts ear focus 24
View attachment 33948

Looks like pet focus went 1 level higher across the board.
Any chance u have a snapshot of T2 120 raid gear? was hoping for more AC/HP between the 115 and 120 'incremental' step.

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back