• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12) (1 Viewer)

Apparently these zones.

akhevatwo
maidentwo
umbraltwo
vexthaltwo
shadowvalley
basilica
bloodfalls

Pre-Emptively updated my zones.ini
Lol

INI:
[Terror of Luclin]
Akheva Ruins Two=akhevatwo
Maiden's Eye Two=maidentwo
Umbral Plains Two=umbraltwo
Vexthal Two=vexthaltwo
Shadow Valley=shadowvalley
Basilica=basilica
Bloodfalls=bloodfalls

I would assume that they are a merging of several of the smaller zones. Like how CoV Cobalt Scar is Velious Cobalt Scar + Siren's Grotto.

that could be and I think we may see some of that too, but in the case of that, they merged it into one with one of the names, I am optimistic that some of them are new unseen areas or areas where 'something' changed the terran drasticly; I forexample remember nothing that might be blood falls.

I do wish there was a Bazaar 2 though, where traders list prices as platinum (or a new currancy) to get around the bit limit of the old bazaar listing things in copper. a High end Trader sort of thing.

I do wish there was a Bazaar 2 though, where traders list prices as platinum (or a new currancy) to get around the bit limit of the old bazaar listing things in copper. a High end Trader sort of thing.
Maybe not a Bazaar 2, but this update would be great. Who sells anything for less than 1 plat anyway?

I am ok with them not changing the current /trader , but like /buyer was added as a second method of trading things I am just seeing something like /traderhi or such where the base price point is based in platinum or another coin that you can get via some in game exchange (if they use a custom coin type, they could make the floor 'higher' then even one plat and push off the 32 bit limit that much further. not that I suspect we will be pounding in on 2 Billion plat the way we are 2 billion copper.

I am ok with them not changing the current /trader , but like /buyer was added as a second method of trading things I am just seeing something like /traderhi or such where the base price point is based in platinum or another coin that you can get via some in game exchange (if they use a custom coin type, they could make the floor 'higher' then even one plat and push off the 32 bit limit that much further. not that I suspect we will be pounding in on 2 Billion plat the way we are 2 billion copper.

This is why they introduced nobles

This is why they introduced nobles
I get that the Nobles can be exchanged for ~100k pp, but I think the issue is that we can't buy/sell things in the bazaar for over 2M pp because all of those prices are handled by cp and it breaks the threshold. Something to fix that would be cool.
On the downside, some people really enjoy the fun of the live market which is now the only place where anything over 2M pp is bought/sold.

Does anyone know if Silver accounts can be in beta? And Ring of Scale AA will be become auto grant with this expansion?

It's nice to sub silver accounts for a month when they can net like 5k more in AA.

Does anyone know if Silver accounts can be in beta? And Ring of Scale AA will be become auto grant with this expansion?

It's nice to sub silver accounts for a month when they can net like 5k more in AA.

If you buy the pre-order the expansion for your silver boxes you should also get access to Beta.

preordering on an account does flag that account for beta doesn't matter subscription status.
ros should become autogrant

Does mq2/next support beta servers? Also do you have to be gold to be able to wear prestige items in beta? Never been in one before

Does mq2/next support beta servers? Also do you have to be gold to be able to wear prestige items in beta? Never been in one before

In the past, MQ2 supported beta, so I presume it will this time around, too. I can’t speak for Next. I’ve also never done beta with a non-raid toon, so not sure about prestige gear.

I get that the Nobles can be exchanged for ~100k pp, but I think the issue is that we can't buy/sell things in the bazaar for over 2M pp because all of those prices are handled by cp and it breaks the threshold. Something to fix that would be cool.
On the downside, some people really enjoy the fun of the live market which is now the only place where anything over 2M pp is bought/sold.
You can offer both plat and nobles in /buyer on most things. Very few utilize it.
Kronos is one of those items that only allows platinum. If they eliminated that restriction I’d bet more people would use the alternative compensation feature.

I agree. Last 2 EXP have been lack luster. So hopefully they bring the A game.
I'm pretty much resigned to seeing more of the same cut and paste crap we've been been getting over the last few expansions. Although I do enjoy evolving the tbl chase loot and the tov earring.
This being said, I still enjoy the game as much as I did on opening day 1999. If it wasn't for redguides though... I would no longer play.

I agree. Last 2 EXP have been lack luster. So hopefully they bring the A game.
I agree. As irritating as TBL was being locked behind progression it was very well done with graphics and story. The last 2 xpacs were poorly done copies of velious with more hps. The dragons look awesome though, I will give them that. After the last 2 flops I am not buying the next xpac right away.

I agree. As irritating as TBL was being locked behind progression it was very well done with graphics and story. The last 2 xpacs were poorly done copies of velious with more hps. The dragons look awesome though, I will give them that. After the last 2 flops I am not buying the next xpac right away.

My e-peen won't let me not be level 120. Also, I raid, soooo............ kinda required to buy the expansion :)

Will be trying it out with my War, Cleric and chanter and 3 mercs. Wonder how long I can hold until I need to get it for the last 3 also. Im not made out of money, goddamn!

Going to be honest - and I say this because I'm a total slacker - I'm excited to see a level increase. I'll be excited to see the next line of CA's and spells for my beefy tank to make use of. I might even replace my T2 TOV raid set.

Going to be honest - and I say this because I'm a total slacker - I'm excited to see a level increase. I'll be excited to see the next line of CA's and spells for my beefy tank to make use of. I might even replace my T2 TOV raid set.

You've already seen all the spells and aa lines you'll see in the next expansion... except the numbers are slightly bigger. Everything has been a copy/paste for years.

You've already seen all the spells and aa lines you'll see in the next expansion... except the numbers are slightly bigger. Everything has been a copy/paste for years.
I mean, if they instead had a system that could scale those numbers with character level, they'd never have to add another spell or ability to the game, ever. There's no reason I need 500 spells that all do fire based DD. Just give me 1 spell, "Fire Ball", that scales to character level and I can use it forever.

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back