• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12) (1 Viewer)

I mean, if they instead had a system that could scale those numbers with character level, they'd never have to add another spell or ability to the game, ever. There's no reason I need 500 spells that all do fire based DD. Just give me 1 spell, "Fire Ball", that scales to character level and I can use it forever.

They already have a way to achieve this with ranks but they're not very creative. Once they added spell ranks they should of stopped the copy and paste of the same spells with new names.

The last new class they introduced to the game, berserker, is probably the least played class in the game as a player's main character. A new class, unless it were a completely overpowered alpha class, would probably suffer a similar fate. And honestly, there is so much overlap in the classes as it is, there's not much room for another class if you have any hope of giving it unique gameplay elements.

The last new class they introduced to the game, berserker, is probably the least played class in the game as a player's main character. A new class, unless it were a completely overpowered alpha class, would probably suffer a similar fate. And honestly, there is so much overlap in the classes as it is, there's not much room for another class if you have any hope of giving it unique gameplay elements.

We can't even get new abilities added to existing classes... could you imagine the effort it would take to create a whole NEW class with new abilities or at least new combinations of abilities? This is DPG we're talking about.... they're pushing a pinto, not riding a rocket ship.

We can't even get new abilities added to existing classes... could you imagine the effort it would take to create a whole NEW class with new abilities or at least new combinations of abilities? This is DPG we're talking about.... they're pushing a pinto, not riding a rocket ship.

I remember reading they're at some kind of code limit with 16 classes that is why we wont see anymore.

Or...<extremely long shot> maybe they could expand on the mercenaries? Add more AA's and allow a minimal number of mercs in a raid force? Could help the dwindling population to use a merc or 3 to fill in to do a couple raid targets?

I'm sure that would never happen, but would be an interesting concept though. Could be hilarious to watch the rage happen if the merc caused a raid wipe :D

Or...<extremely long shot> maybe they could expand on the mercenaries? Add more AA's and allow a minimal number of mercs in a raid force? Could help the dwindling population to use a merc or 3 to fill in to do a couple raid targets?

I'm sure that would never happen, but would be an interesting concept though. Could be hilarious to watch the rage happen if the merc caused a raid wipe :D

They had a way bigger vision for mercs BUT the guy who wrote them originally is no longer with the company and apparently no one is able to go in and expand on them much. All we will get is AAs but more types were planned.

they did it in eq2 with the channeler class, but yeah, i don't forsee a new class in eq1 any time on the horizon.

Imagine how annoyed wizzies would be :p

I remember reading they're at some kind of code limit with 16 classes that is why we wont see anymore.
That's an interesting dilemma. Without understanding a code limit, I'm kind of surprised they can't find a unique solution ie consolidation and elimination. I know it takes resources, but marketing new skills and abilities would be a great value-added and refreshening that people might enjoy seeing.

That's an interesting dilemma. Without understanding a code limit, I'm kind of surprised they can't find a unique solution ie consolidation and elimination. I know it takes resources, but marketing new skills and abilities would be a great value-added and refreshening that people might enjoy seeing.

The way around it is sub classes where you can fill in different roles. Maybe too big of a change for people though.

You guys are missing a bigger issue. This is not going to be the next expansion... Luclin will be the next TWO Expansions. So sometime in 2023 we will all be like thank god that's done. Then we will be discussing the next release of Either PoP revamp or Ykesha

You guys are missing a bigger issue. This is not going to be the next expansion... Luclin will be the next TWO Expansions. So sometime in 2023 we will all be like thank god that's done. Then we will be discussing the next release of Either PoP revamp or Ykesha

GOD will most likely be after 2nd Luclin expansion.

GOD will most likely be after 2nd Luclin expansion.
With the original idea of giving a level increase that never happens. Going to be fun doing level 125 content at level 120.

Need to stay true to the expansion stuffups right.
After 2 blinding white expansions (cov/tov) a bit of color (2xpop) then we have greyness. I hated GoD actually quit after a month it.

I would have much preferred if they had created new zones that were actually interconnected to the existing continent for which they're revisiting. So the new kunark zones like Kor Sha, Gorowyn be connected to old school skyfire and frontier mountains. Spend more time making all new zones in the theme of the existing continent and build off your existing game world rather than a disjointed segment of zones that doesn't really connect to anywhere in the base game world other than makeshift "portals" and the guild hall. I really kind of hate that the modern game is completely funneled through the guild hall and not through existing zones.

I would have much preferred if they had created new zones that were actually interconnected to the existing continent for which they're revisiting. So the new kunark zones like Kor Sha, Gorowyn be connected to old school skyfire and frontier mountains. Spend more time making all new zones in the theme of the existing continent and build off your existing game world rather than a disjointed segment of zones that doesn't really connect to anywhere in the base game world other than makeshift "portals" and the guild hall. I really kind of hate that the modern game is completely funneled through the guild hall and not through existing zones.
Doesn't the nexus still have that "work in progress" tunnel with the dude pickaxing

• 7 Expansion Zones – Search the shadows of Luclin to thwart the plans of Mayong Mistmoore.
  • New Raids, Quests, and Missions
  • New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs
  • New Collections
  • Level increase to 120
  • Teleport Item Key Ring – Every character on your account will get a 10-slot Key Ring to store teleportation items! You can add slots with marketplace items as you need them!

Copy:

Terror of Luclin
The shadows cast by the light of Luclin have been whispering of intrigues. The Akheva are on the move, striving to reassert their power and rebuild their moon-wide empire. Amidst the turmoil of their actions, rumors abound. Mayong Mistmoore has been seen on Luclin. The only known truth is that the master vampire has since disappeared into the shadows and even his devoted followers and sycophants have begun to worry.

Clearly something is stirring on the moon of Luclin. What secrets or magical power was the Lord of Mistmoore seeking? Is he trying to usurp another god?

Do you have the strength to peer behind the shades and track down the vampire lord to prevent whatever evil he is plotting?

Perks:

What’s up with Ole Mistmoore on the moon? I thought they were crowdsourcing lore and this is the best they come up with

Let’s take a moment to appreciate how amazing GMM was. All of that new content packed into 1 zone. Unbelievable really.

Let’s take a moment to appreciate how amazing GMM was. All of that new content packed into 1 zone. Unbelievable really.
the 20 year celebration zone, which was like a 10 year celebration zone someone put in a closet and found a decade later

Ok, check this announcement out:

Artwork looks amazing and aren’t there a few NEW zones in there? Ka vethan, basilica… and blood falls?? Are those new or am I crazy? Artwork looks great. I’m pretty excited now

Discussion - Terror of Luclin (Pre-Orders now live Oct 12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back