• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - swopping in alt in out of the team (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
I multi boxed wow for years using ISboxer. I have started multi boxing everquest on the test server. been using Isboxer was thinking about trying kissassist to heal with healing and buffs. was wounder how hard it is to swop in out diffrent char.

2nd Q; in wow I had a lot of groups and like doing all one class groups or mostly one glass group.. aka was thing doing 5 rangers and one bard. or 5 SK and a bard. or an all beastlord group. is the a bad idea for everquest. i play a druid solo in ever quest 15 years ago. but never got far. (side not playing on test server figure is easy to copy gear from live server.)

I multi boxed wow for years using ISboxer. I have started multi boxing everquest on the test server. been using Isboxer was thinking about trying kissassist to heal with healing and buffs. was wounder how hard it is to swop in out diffrent char.

2nd Q; in wow I had a lot of groups and like doing all one class groups or mostly one glass group.. aka was thing doing 5 rangers and one bard. or 5 SK and a bard. or an all beastlord group. is the a bad idea for everquest. i play a druid solo in ever quest 15 years ago. but never got far. (side not playing on test server figure is easy to copy gear from live server.)
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Give that a read through.

MQ (kiss as your combat automation or whatever flavor you want) makes adding and changing teams super simple. Thats why I in alot of cases recommend dragging a cleric with you until 101+ when shaman and druids get modern healing, beanching cleric then for a DPS.
In modern EQ, even 3 of a class is to many (and sometimes 2). EQ is designed around tank, healer, cc, and then 3 "like" dps (IE caster group, melee group). Though, once your moderately level'd, AA's and geared, any type of team will work for 90% of content.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ
I ran across that video series and watched it which is why I came here to ask. if it talk about moving chars in and out of the group I missed it

I wouldn't call anything a bad idea in Everquest for group makup as long as you are having fun with it. Now, if you start NOT having fun with your group makup, you would have to change it to achieve whatever goal you are after to make it fun. There are some people who just play to lvl 40, 50, 60 or something. And then they play a different group. For them, not having the right balance might work fine.

My 2 cents.

Give that a read through.

MQ (kiss as your combat automation or whatever flavor you want) makes adding and changing teams super simple. Thats why I in alot of cases recommend dragging a cleric with you until 101+ when shaman and druids get modern healing, beanching cleric then for a DPS.
In modern EQ, even 3 of a class is to many (and sometimes 2). EQ is designed around tank, healer, cc, and then 3 "like" dps (IE caster group, melee group). Though, once your moderately level'd, AA's and geared, any type of team will work for 90% of content.
thanks for the information on classes. I like alts... maybe to much lol. i have played a team of beastlord to 30 and it was fun. played a group of ranger with my daughter playing a shammy. and lastly played a bard and 3 zerks and daughter on druid and son playing pally tank got to lvl 30

You make a group here out of 5 Rangers and a Bard it will be like Death race 2000 on you.

EQ isn't WOW sure you can do 5 Mages and a Shammy but there really is no equivalent in any other video game to the Versatility of the Everquest Shaman.

Your first 3 months of level 2 access are on me.

You make a group here out of 5 Rangers and a Bard it will be like Death race 2000 on you.

EQ isn't WOW sure you can do 5 Mages and a Shammy but there really is no equivalent in any other video game to the Versatility of the Everquest Shaman.

thank you for the lvl 2 access. shammy where on my list of groups to try so is beastlords but think ill try a normal group first. should be easier with mq2 . one the reasons i have done same groups is its easier to play with isboxer

The easiest ay to play are the CTWN plugins it's literally like having a human run your 5 other toons. You don't have to worry about them.
i'm new the the terms here by CTWN you talking about the MQ(class) plugins that cost $20 a year. did not find much when i when i search CTWM other than people talking about what groups they run with it

Yessir if you want to replicate other folks handling your other toons there is no substitute. They track better, think more intuitively than anything else. They are big picture plugins. Meaning they handle the important stuff. And for a month worth of Netflix you can roll up 256 Mages if you want. It will run them all. One guy was running 54 Shaman a player after your own Heart. His entire raid force ran off that $20 plugin I'm not sure if he used any raid script or not but now you have access to all the goodies for 3 months free. Minus of course the Plugins which are in my opinion the greatest thing since sliced cheese.

You have access to all of the CWTN plugins for free while playing on the Test server. And like Rob said, the plugins do an awesome job at 99% of what you want your characters to do, and the other 1% can be done with other tools that are available.

would depend what you're doing, at a headshot zone 5 rng and a bard would be smashing it, plenty of mobs dead before even reaching camp/root zone

Discussion - swopping in alt in out of the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back