• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - Switcher (1 Viewer) 0.3

RedCents
522¢
vandersl submitted a new resource:

Switcher - For those who want a change...

Simple window switcher. Displays a list of all peers registered to DanNet and allows switching to the toon by clicking the name. Currently the names are not sorted (DanNet default) and use DanNet default (<servername_toonname> or <toonname>).

Also allows launching and closing Switcher on all other peers via a click. Switcher will automatically open at the same window position on the other toons.

The initial window position can be specified via arguments, e.g.,
INI:
/lua run switcher 200 100
. Both arguments...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
really like this with my raid team, thank you for building it.

not sure if your thinking this already but in my arrangement, it would be great to have the ability to stretch the window to the right to add more columns instead of one long list. Also to sort by class would be helpful. Lastly I noticed that switching takes a few seconds. not a huge deal for me but is noticeable.

really like this with my raid team, thank you for building it.

not sure if your thinking this already but in my arrangement, it would be great to have the ability to stretch the window to the right to add more columns instead of one long list. Also to sort by class would be helpful. Lastly I noticed that switching takes a few seconds. not a huge deal for me but is noticeable.
With you on the columns thing, will probably look into it at some point. If you have a raid force it might be worth attaching it to one side or the other.

For the switching delay thing - that is interesting. I don't have that, and switching is instantaneous. Granted, I am only running 13 toons, but once clicked the only action is a /foreground on the related toon. Are you running with ImGui viewports enabled? I did notice a delay when I had viewports enabled. The other option is if your background simulation FPS is very low.

I am a bit nervous about this version. To do the grouping thing (and make it reflect changed) I am using Dannet observers, and had some issues with it. Not sure how much traffic there will be with 50 toons. Let me know your experience with it. If it sucks I may have to go back to the old way.

thanks for the reply,
With you on the columns thing, will probably look into it at some point. If you have a raid force it might be worth attaching it to one side or the other.
yeah, I have 54 toons. so the list is quite long. Attaching it to the side doesn't really work for the way I have my UI layed out.

For the switching delay thing - that is interesting. I don't have that, and switching is instantaneous. Granted, I am only running 13 toons, but once clicked the only action is a /foreground on the related toon. Are you running with ImGui viewports enabled? I did notice a delay when I had viewports enabled. The other option is if your background simulation FPS is very low.
Ahh yes I do have enable viewports on and had the switcher window outside my eq window. Once I brought it in the eq window, things speed up considerably.

I am a bit nervous about this version. To do the grouping thing (and make it reflect changed) I am using Dannet observers, and had some issues with it. Not sure how much traffic there will be with 50 toons. Let me know your experience with it. If it sucks I may have to go back to the old way.
My experience has been great so far but I'm using a single comp to so that might be different from others.

all in all this beats alt tabbing and clicking on the icon in the task bar by a mile. just a few qol things suggested for my own personal tastes but as it is now, love it.

thanks for the reply,

yeah, I have 54 toons. so the list is quite long. Attaching it to the side doesn't really work for the way I have my UI layed out.

Ahh yes I do have enable viewports on and had the switcher window outside my eq window. Once I brought it in the eq window, things speed up considerably.

My experience has been great so far but I'm using a single comp to so that might be different from others.

all in all this beats alt tabbing and clicking on the icon in the task bar by a mile. just a few qol things suggested for my own personal tastes but as it is now, love it.
Thanks for the feedback. I hate thinking of users as beta-testers, but I have only one setup and limited resource here.

The viewport thing is interesting. I played with having Switcher running on just one toon, and then moving the Switcher window to a second monitor as basically a switcher panel. The results were actually pretty good, and I need to give it another try, but I went back to running it on every toon with viewports off because
1) It was slower, and every time I clicked back on the Switcher window it first went back to the toon running it, before I switched to another. Which, come to think of it, might be a feature for some.
2) I kept opening other apps on the other monitor, which then hid the Switcher window (devs - an option to keep the ImGui viewport window on top would, I think, be awesome).

This is a great little helper. i love it.
From my time in isboxer i liked that i could switch chars with hotbuttons.

Would it be possible to make a keybind for it?

EDIT: I just noticed there are optional commands. /switchto name probably does what i want it to do. Awesome.

Last edited:
Lua - Switcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back