• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Surf the new Ban Wave - Please post if banned or suspended. (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,436¢
From SOE Customer Service boards. Looks like they are warming the ban stick for pre release of Veil of Alaris

Please post
  • What Server
  • Banned or Suspended and how long.
  • Why you think you were Banned or Suspended

HeadGMKaeldread

Customer Support

Greetings progression players!

I just wanted to keep the community in the loop on our on-going efforts to increase your enjoyment while playing EverQuest. Without further adieu here are two updats for you.

We have made recent advances in our fight against the evil MQ users. Our first test run of some new information we have has resulted in the permanent banning of 17 accounts and extremely long suspensions for 31 accounts. We know this is just the frosting on the cake, but sometimes that frosting is delicious. This was just our first run, and only on two servers, we promise to keep `hacking` away at these people. For any of the non progression players who may be reading this, don’t worry. Hackers on your servers will start vanishing too, this is not something just for the progression servers. J

As our second update we wanted to let the community know that we have contacted all the leaders of raid guilds on Fippy. We are pushing to work on a more permanent fix to the current difficulties that we are seeing between raid guilds. So, if you are a leader of a raid guild, check your email! Also, if you are a guild leader of a raid guild on Fippy (who is raiding current content) who did not receive an email about this please PM HeadGM Kaeldread.

Message edited by HeadGMKaeldread on 10/14/2011 14:54:28.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=180341

Last edited:
Re: Surf the new Ban Wave

I got hit with temporary, but I'm not entirely sure what I did to cause it. I enjoy your service. However I'm really only a light user more to /mac combine for trade skilling, and the map than anything else. Any clue what they are finding to have caused this? :confused:

No clue yet just read about it today. They may be scouring the logs to see what anomalies they can find. Were you doing insane amounts of combines and selling stuff?

Well Maskoi. I can tell you 1 thing for sure on here. ALOT and i mean ALOT of people are openly warping. and not even trying to make it hidden by any means. So alot of people that are getting banned are proble from reports or just clearly getting cought by gms

I got hit with temporary, but I'm not entirely sure what I did to cause it. I enjoy your service. However I'm really only a light user more to /mac combine for trade skilling, and the map than anything else. Any clue what they are finding to have caused this? :confused:

What server?
How long were you suspended for?

Well Maskoi. I can tell you 1 thing for sure on here. ALOT and i mean ALOT of people are openly warping. and not even trying to make it hidden by any means. So alot of people that are getting banned are proble from reports or just clearly getting cought by gms

I am guessing they are going back through all reported hacking to CS then checking the logs.

What server? Fippy Darkpaw
What were you doing that got you banned that you can think of. Running AFK leveling macro for 15 hours, then just sitting in EC tunnel then got disconnected on all accounts.
How long were you suspended for? 1 account is perma gone, the other 3 are 7 to 8 day suspensions.

No communication from a gm, just Disconnected and emails sent 4 hours later. I am somehow still logged into one of my suspended accounts though!

Edit ** I also did use /zone to go everywhere, so if they looked at the logs I bet they saw all my zoning, maybe did it 10-15 times per day**

Last edited:
Ok it looks like my wife was also suspended. Both of our accounts are for 7 days. Since she didn't play at all today it helped us narrow it down.

We both used the /Zone command to get to a raid target quicker on Thursday so it may be something to do with piggy packets or zone time. She was at work so there was no other use from her account for the past week.

Vulak server.

After speaking with her about her usage the only plugins we both have running are MQ2addicts MQ2piggy MQ2map she still had not activated anything since the raid was the only time she's played since patch.

So are they only targeting Progression players?
Currently but expect some bans and suspensions on the live servers in the next week or so. The progressions servers are a smaller tighter community than the live servers. The TLP servers are only in the the 3rd expansion Scars of Velious. The named pool is MUCH smaller and named are perma camped etc so people using mq2 are much more obvious.

has resulted in the permanent banning of 17 accounts and extremely long suspensions for 31 accounts.
Also remember just from our posts 4 of these accounts were owned by 1 person 1 banned 3 suspended on another site 6 accounts banned owned by 1 person posted. So right there out of 17 accounts banned 7 were owned by 2 people leaving 10 which could be only 2 or 3 people. The numbers can seem a lot but in reality could only be a handful of people that were reported.

Just pay attention to what you are doing and lie low if you are worried about it. I expect SOE to ban and suspend people on the live servers but I doubt it will insane numbers.

You can always buy new accounts and start over as well if you are a big EQ fan with a lesson learned

It happens. When a lot of noise about MQ2 is made people start reporting any thing they think is hacking.

48 accounts total.. if most were 6 boxing, that leaves you at what? 8 people? lol!

So is running mq completely unsafe now or just use warp and you will be fine ?

MQ2 is as safe to use as it has always been. Just use common sense. The suspensions and bans seem to be more from being reported by players than detected by SOE.

I agree with Maskoi 100%. I'm almost positive mine are from being reported because I got a few tells stating that I was being reported before!

Vulak progression server, use moderate warps n such, no tradeskilling
mainly tracking, map hacks, and movement / speed / travel hacks.
got all 4 accnts suspended for 7/8 days
was in mid raid when i got disconnected, mq wasnt even running at the time. just 1 boxig

I hated the progression servers, between people being retarded, and gold farmers, MQ2 was a huge part of the local chat going on. I never got caught or reported during my play times, I guess I just got lucky. I haven't talked to anyone I use to play with, but I'll get some information on what is going on with their accounts.

I havent gotten banned yet but I have noticed some unusual behavior with /zone.

When I from PoK stone went /zone vexthal somehow it ended up with me in Sanctus Seru and crashed me. Perhaps there are other zones that have been swapped around?

Perhaps part of the coutnermeasures Sony may be taking is shuffling of zone numbers around and thus causing /zone to put people in the wrong places and crash and taking those logs to investigate for bans/suspensions.

HeadGMKaeldread
Customer Support

I just wanted to follow up with the post I made on Friday to address a few questions in this thread.

The update first:

SOE has pinned down another way of locating players using hacking software. Through the course of this week more waves of account bans and suspensions have gone out.

What does SOE consider cheating?

Cheating in MMO's is a broad statement. It could be exploiting (abusing bugs in the game) or hacking (using a program to decipher/edit/interrupt/send information to our servers).

Why are you not looking at hackers on Vulak?

We are not only looking at Fippy. The update I posted had two updates, one about hackers on progression servers, and one about raid issues on Fippy. We are nailing the hackers on Vulak just as hard as Fippy. The new methods we are using will be going out to other servers shortly.

Why are you only looking at raid progression on Fippy?

Vulak no longer has the same level of competition that Fippy has. CS has done everything we can to try to stay out of the competitive nature of the raid progression on these servers. In retrospect, Vulak went through the same woes that Fippy is having now, only months ago. We should have tried to intervene more at the height of Vulak's issues, but felt the community would be able to work it out. That was our mistake. One we do not want to repeat.

Why don't you ban by something more severe than account?

Actually, we do in some instances. You speak of a banning as not being a punishment, but those people are not just losing their characters, they are losing the access to those account(s) and subscription(s), including any purchases they have made. In some cases, including where the accounts are trials, we broaden the punishment process to include all accounts the person owns. (I.E. we find their main accounts and whack them with a stick too.)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=180341#2725978

I dont know how far the servers are in terms of progression but if they've hit Luclin/PoK then GMs might be sitting in say nexus and see who chainzones through there as alot of people will be bound in say the Bazaar like they were back in the Luclin/PoK in those eras.

The problems they are addressing on the progressions servers lies within people using active hacks to move through zones to mobilize for a raid. Sony didn't intervene on Vulak when all of this was going on between the four larger guilds; Echoes of Elysium, Dead Halfling Society, The Faceless, and Black Syndicate. Because of the "nature" of raiding, Echoes and Faceless had death touch teams set up to destroy an NPC before it even hit the ground, literally, Trakanon died before floating down the ground.

Sony failed to intervene and guilds started folding, first it was Black Syndicate, a large number of the core players left for Echoes, and then DHS just gave up when it was Faceless and Echoes going at it with death touch army's. Next the Faceless got VP access, and everything was catching up for them, and then Echoes KS'd them a few times and GM's barely intervened, and Faceless folded.

So there is one guild, now two I think if I heard properly. Either way, Sony allowed the server to fail, the last month of classic EQ was just two zerg forces and whoever got the kill won. Thus is why I sold my account to some idiot, and have since moved on. I am just glad Sony realizes that ****ed them.

it's true. it got to the point on vulak where the two guilds would just be camping trakanon, and the second he spawned he'd get burned down, leaving whichever guild did more dps to get the kill. eoe won every time, lured members from other guilds, until there was no longer much competition. they still don't let other guilds get very many kills

Surf the new Ban Wave - Please post if banned or suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back