• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Stuff on sale (1 Viewer)

Well, certainly not going to splurg to update any older accounts to an expansion that will come free with the new one when it drops on account of 25% off.

At least its good for the port stones for guild hall or mounts if you want those from the collectors edition

I usually will buy that and then when the new expansion releases I will buy the lowest one. So I actually "upgrade" and that helps spread the cost out a little for me.

I get the port stone on one account every expansion when it comes out. At least that way I can actually use it while I'm doing the expansion.

GH portal click is basically useless this expansion since the portal goes to the same spot the GH click + item click does.

I actually 100% agree with you on that one. I'll likely hold out on purchasing it this go around until I can confirm it's an actual benefit.
I did get a self only carried clicky portal during ToV iirc which would have been nice except there was never a reason for that toon to travel there solo from a random zone.

I actually 100% agree with you on that one. I'll likely hold out on purchasing it this go around until I can confirm it's an actual benefit.
I did get a self only carried clicky portal during ToV iirc which would have been nice except there was never a reason for that toon to travel there solo from a random zone.
Right. And what's it, 1 extra zone, to GH anchor click and then click your ToV crystal (CC) or portal (EW) from there?
Until they put the personal clicky different from the GH portal different from the GGH placed item click, there's no reason to drop hundreds of dollars. There's really no added benefit.

Even back in RoF the staff would take you to City of Bronze right outside Shard's Landing. You then could quest for a ring click as well which took you to SL. There wasn't a GH placed click that I can recall, but Shard's Landing was never too far away from Plane of Knowledge if you just ran the couple of quick zones (FP/Nek - Commonlands - Chapterhouse - SL)

They are very minor added convenience items, but definitely no way to get back the $100+ extra you spend by zoning to the GGH. Plus it's just one more item you get to carry with you always, so your inventory space every year is subtracted by 1 slot.

Should be 75% off... all it really is... some overpowered dragons and some impossible raids and missions.

I really hope the dev's actually plays the next expansion and goes by that.. not just toss us grunts a bone now and then to chew on and puke up..

I have 7 accounts that are 25 or 27, this sale % is not enough to bite that bullet when we have an expansion just a few months away IMO.

some overpowered dragons and some impossible raids and missions
IDK, I've been clearing all 9 raids since there were 9 raids to clear. I wouldn't call it "overpowered", in fact some are just plain boring because they are either quick DPS checks or you nullify an entire class or group of classes for the entire event (Bards on Aaryonar and half of Crusaders, offtanks for Klandicar + 1-2 enchanters as well). The raids are really very very boring, and I am definitely hoping something better comes out with Terror of Luclin. Something a lot more involved and challenging and don't take just 3-4 hours to run over them all.

News - Stuff on sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back